On November 1995, Bill Clinton made a huge mistake that would cost him his position as the president of the United States. Having sexual relations with then intern, Monica Lewinsky has affected many people all over the world in different ways. Since 2005,Clinton has been rated as one of the top presidents according to an ABC News poll. Although he is considered a prime president since scandal has affected his family, supporters, the national government and relations with other countries. I believe the speech; “I Have Sinned” was intended mainly for the U.S citizens, his family and friends, the national government, allied countries, his religion and anyone else affected by this scandal.
Bill Clinton’s main audience he intended the speech to be was for his family and friends. This included Hillary Clinton, his daughter, friends and Monica Lewinsky. Clinton said in his speech, “And if my repentance is genuine and sustained, and if I can maintain both a broken spirit and a strong heart, then good can come of this for our country as well as for me and my family.” He shows that he is trying to accept his family and friends forgiveness by first trying to forgive himself. Once he forgives himself and could live knowing the sin he has committed then he could carry on loving his family and leading America. Bill Clinton also says during his opening statement, “It is important to me that everybody who has been hurt know that the sorrow I feel is genuine: first and most important, my family; also my friends, my staff, my Cabinet, Monica Lewinsky and her family, and the American people. I have asked all for their forgiveness.” Clinton clearly states that he feels sorrow for his mistakes and begs for forgiveness, not only to his family but al...
... middle of paper ...
...Jewish friend gave him a passage from the Yom Kippur liturgy that also helped him forgive himself. He stated this because it shows that he respects all religions and knows that every religion states good aspects of life. This shows respect to all his supporters from different religions.
On September 11, 1998, Bill Clinton gave a speech that numerous types of people have been waited for. In this speech he asserted the mistake he has done be have sexual relations with then intern, Monica Lewinsky. This speech was mainly intended for his family, friends, Monica Lewinsky, national government, other countries, his supporters including religious supporters and his cabinet members. Clinton gave his main points on what he would do as president after this act, how he forgave himself and how he begged for forgiveness from everyone knowing what he did was a sin and unethical.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 15 Bill Clinton Bill Clinton, 42nd United States President, was a good president but made some wrong choices. The preview life of bill clinton is that he had rough childhood wasn’t the poorest or the richest but as time went on he had a good head on his shoulders.His parents are Mr.William jefferson Bylthe jr and Mrs.Virginia Dell Cassidy. His dad was a travelling salesman but sadly died in a car wreck just 3 months before bill was born. His mother had given bill to her parents to watch over while she went to school to be a nurse.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- The Book “My Life” written by President Bill Clinton is his political manifesto for the third, and most significant, political campaign: “his continuing appeal for history 's mandate.” In fact, all his life, the poor, flabby educated boy from the Arkansas was forced 'to keep score '. When Clinton was President, he asked his many friends how he could be assessed vis-à-vis to the top American presidents of the recent past. Similar to his presidency, Clinton stressed for the highest goals, however, he had to leave the office of presidency in humiliation.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- Clinton’s Presidency William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton was inaugurated as the President of the United States in January of 1993, and was to be the President from 1993 –2001, with his Vice President Al Gore and wife Hillary Clinton standing beside him. During his Presidency he made some serious and positive impacts on the country as well as taking steps to make America a better and safer place to live. But as it is well known today he also made some big mistakes that ended with him being impeached, even though he was never removed from office.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- This election has been a very stressful time for many people. Hillary Clinton is the most prepared to be President of the United States Of America. Hillary Clinton is most prepared to be President because she has plans that will make America great, she is more qualified, and her shortcomings are less than her competitors. Hillary Clinton has many accomplishments. Such as in 2005. When she worked with Senator Lindsey Graham to give military reserves and members of the National Guard access to the military’s Tricare health system when they are not deployed.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Style is a form of social discourse that determines “the way in which we do something” and which “rules” we must follow when interacting with different discourse communities. (Brummett 3; Johns 514). Though style extends far beyond language, writing styles are especially indicative of how we communicate with those around us. In the following piece, I conduct a stylistic analysis of my final paper for PSCI 353 (American Presidency), titled “Presidential Greatness and the Case for Bill Clinton”. My piece is thirteen pages long and details the successes and failures of President Bill Clinton as I argue that he earned the title of “Greatness”.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
713 words (2 pages)
- William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton (born William Jefferson Blythe iii) was born on the date of August 19, 1946 in Arkansas. His mother, Virginia Dell, remarried Roger Clinton Sr. after his father died in a car accident three months before little baby Bill was born. Bill Clinton took his stepfather 's last name. "Clinton says he remembers his stepfather as a gambler and an alcoholic who regularly abused his mother and half-brother, Roger Clinton Jr.." ("Bill Clinton." Wikipedia.) To the point where he intervened multiple times, informing Roger that he would use physical violence to protect them.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
1061 words (3 pages)
- ... After meeting the President and shaking his hand, Bill knew that he wanted to help make a difference in the lives of the people. He attended and graduated from Georgetown University and in 1968 won a scholarship to attend Oxford University. Bill also received a law degree from Yale University in 1973. Bill Clinton loved to play his saxophone which was his favorite pastime. He would practice every day and play in jazz ensembles. After all his musical hard work, it paid off when he became a top saxophone player at his school and won first chair in the state band’s saxophone section.... [tags: equal, politics, impeached, welfare]
685 words (2 pages)
- Jason Zengerle’s GQ article “Bill Clinton’s Big Moment: His Health, His Battle Plan for Trump, and What He’ll Do if Hillary Wins” talks about his general life as an ex-president Clinton’s health, his role in campaigning for Hillary, and his role in a possible Hillary presidency. The first topic that Zengerle talks about in his article is Bill’s role as ex-president. As ex-president, he writes books and builds museums to remember his accomplishments. Now, his wife Hillary is running for president.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Good Evening, first I want to thank everyone for being here. It is because of you that we have made it this far in the 2016 Presidential Campaign. Unlike my opponents, we have not been endorsed by huge corporations, but instead are getting small sums that make a huge difference from the working people of America, and for that I am grateful. I plan to fight for the middle class, and the minorities once I become President of the United States. We for to long have been settling with letting the wealthiest 0.01% get away with not fairly paying their taxes, and letting them get away with corporate greed.... [tags: President of the United States, Bill Clinton]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- Eager to dive deeper into the world of politics, Clinton was excited to pursue the Governor’s office. In his opinion, this was the next step he needed to take in order to be able to advocate more for the people of Arkansas and accomplish his goals of innovated reforms he felt imperative to further advance his state socially and economically. Clinton was keen on education reform and improving the education system, this was an ideal he held strong even through his presidency (“Clinton House”). In regards to gun control, marijuana use and capital punishment, he was often criticized and compared to liberals.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Positive Improvements From Fast Food Industry
- Analysis Of The Film ' Fed Up '
- Nero : The Emperor Of Rome
- Sports And Brain Diseases : Relationship Between The Two
- The Conscious Decision Of Living A Healthier Lifestyle
- How Social Aspects Of Development Can Impact Integral Sections Of How A Person Understands And May Act