Not employing enough bilingual behavioral health clinicians adversely affects UCFS’s responsiveness to our clients. I became aware of the severity of the need for bilingual clinicians one of the first weeks interning. The agency sends out mass emails frequently, especially announcing job postings, as you are aware. One of the main job posting I...
... middle of paper ...
... at UCFS, they will be on procedural 90 day probationary period to monitor and evaluate their work and progress to make sure that the employee is the right fit. During this period I will be monitoring the needs of behavioral health services, and gage how many clients are now being served after my proposed hiring strategy. I will be able to collect research on how many Spanish or foreign language speaking clients were served by our new bilingual employees, as well as review the previous bilingual employee’s schedules to make sure that they are still comfortable with their work load after the addition of three more bilingual clinicians. I believe that my strategy to implement cultural change in my field agency would be very successful and help many individuals who experience language barriers on a daily basis receive the necessary mental health services that they need.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
The Regional Medical Center Is A Not For Profit, County, State And Federally Funded Safety Net Hospital
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center is a not for profit, county, state and federally funded safety net hospital. Trinitas Regional Medical Center Department of Behavioral Health & Psychiatry is a facility that provides counseling and specialized services for inpatient/outpatient psychiatric care, substance abuse, mentally ill/developmentally disabled behavioral health care and HIV patients of all ages. Trinitas Regional Medical Center Department of Behavioral Health & Psychiatry (TRMCDBH) has a highly trained staff that provides expertise in psychiatric, psychosocial, and psychological evaluation.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Psychiatry]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Influences in my life that led me to select social work as a profession are growing up in an underserviced area, my experience at the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska conference, my psychology and sociology classes, and my campus involvement. I was raised in a small farming community of 5,000 in Iowa, where we were fortunate to have access to resources, but there were not enough resources to meet demand. Specifically, the community had less than a dozen mental health practitioners to service hundreds of individuals in the community and surrounding, smaller towns.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Mental disorder]
1711 words (4.9 pages)
- Rosemont Center is located in Columbus, Ohio. It provides for the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being of troubled youth and their families. Rosemont is committed to helping children in need; it is dedicated to healing and renewing youths with a history of trouble and abuse. Rosemont provides the unconditional acceptance, treatment, counseling, education and hope that the youths urgently need to be more productive members of the community. Rosemont had two locations, Rosemont-Bay Saint Louis and Rosemont-Jackson (Swayne, Duncan & Ginter, 2008).... [tags: Overview and Strategic Profile]
1419 words (4.1 pages)
- Born on October 2, 1998, and raised in Denville, New Jersey, I have noticed since I was a young child that I see the world differently. When confronted by with the challenges that I am faced with by life, big or small, I see possibility and need for growth and change in the way society functions, which can be acquired through education. I can only educate others once I am educated to the furthest extent. I have much to learn, and can expand my knowledge through the University of Southern California Resident Honors Program.... [tags: Education, Higher education, School, High school]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- The behavioral health field has been in the mist of changes and challenges. Some challenges faced are: consumer expectations, financial stability, regulation standards, retention (SUO, 2016, para. 2 &3). For many consumers, they do not actively seek behavioral health care from a specialist but from their primary care physician (PCP). When it comes to PCPs they evaluate the patient/consumer or family member’s concerns by conducting surveys or behavioral health assessments and tend to prescribe a pharmacological solution.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Nursing home]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Strategy to Increase Percentage of BSN- Prepared Nurses by 2020 The ABC Health Care Center is an acute care facility that has been providing healthcare services in the state of Florida for over five decades. This organization functions under the functional structure and practices the participative leadership model with a top-down flow communication model to communicate with their employees. One of the most important recommendations of the institute of medicine (IOM) 2011 to increase the number nurses with a Bachelor Science of Nursing (BSN) degree from 50% to 80% by 2020 (IOM, 2011).... [tags: Health care, Healthcare, Nursing]
1659 words (4.7 pages)
- I recently received the email from Dr. Kuhl-D’Meener regarding how the company will grow beyond the designation that the company is currently at. A few social issues that really interest the youth these days would be regarding with mental and behavioral health. Although mental health and behavioral health are used interchangeably, mental health is considered to be a subset of behavioral health. For this purpose I will treat them as two separate entities. Partly why so much of the youth are concerned with mental and behavioral health because of the increasing awareness and importance of mental and behavioral health.... [tags: Psychology, Health care, Mental disorder]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Introduction: Have you or someone you know work as a Behavioral Health Counselor. Are you familiar with any of the theories they work from. I got the chance to sit down with counselor Ali Chandler a Behavioral Health Counselor and KVC Hospital and she gives me some insight on what she does on a day to day, and some of the theories she works from. Agency and Clientele: KVC (KVC Behavioral Healthcare inc.) hospital is an international leader in foster care, adoption, in-home family therapy, and children 's psychiatric hospital.... [tags: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Theory]
1790 words (5.1 pages)
- When I first started this volunteer assignment I was not for sure where exactly I wanted to volunteer, but after some thought I realized since I eventually wanted to work with children whom have autism the I should volunteer at a place with children whom have autism. I decided the best place to volunteer is The Applied Behavioral Center for Autism, but before I get into my volunteer experience I would like to talk about autism and exactly what autism is. Autism is a developmental disorder that usually occurs within the first three years of a child’s life.... [tags: Autism, Causes of autism, Controversies in autism]
2189 words (6.3 pages)
- Today, 1 in 5 Americans have a mental health condition. Recovery is possible but one out of five adults with mental illness are not able to get the care they need (Nguyen, Davis, Counts, & Fritze, 2016). In Nebraska, 52.60% of adults are left without any treatment for their mental illness, ranking the state 14th out of the 50 states ranked in that area (Nguyen, Davis, Counts, & Fritze, 2016). Nebraska ranks in the lower half of the states, at number 30, for adults with mental illness who are uninsured, which is an estimated 45,000 adults (Nguyen, Davis, Counts, & Fritze, 2016).... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Mental health]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Suffering And Its Effects On The Heart Of Mice And Men
- What Happens When The Beautiful Picture Of Marriage Is Marred Or Violated?
- The Perception Of Value Of Physical Learning Environment
- Gender And Gender Is Expressed Through Mindsets, Non Verbal Communication
- The Social Networking Sites And Facebook
- Aristotelian Physics On Modern Science