• Conscientiousness - being disciplined, dedicated and organized. This also means being self disciplined and having goals in life and striving to achieve them.
• Agreeableness - being pleasant and easy to get along with, cooperative, compassionate and kind hearted
• Neuroticism - being easily influenced by negative emotions such as depressions, anger, or anxiety, moody
• Openness - being willing to try new things and ideas, experience new adventures, appreciation of art, imaginative, creative
• Extraversion - being positive, upbeat, energetic, and self confident
The second question asked was to explain what it means to be high or low in these traits. My explanation is that to be high or low in a specific trait is not necessarily good or bad. Most people fall into the middle or "normal" area. It is just an indication as to where someone falls on the scale in each specific area to determine what their individual personality traits tend to be.
The next task was to read the scientific article: The big five personality traits, general mental ability, and career success across the lifespan and answer what two personality traits are correlated with job satisfaction and to briefly describe those correlations. The two personality traits that most correlate with job satisfaction are conscientiousness and extroversion. Conscientiousness because of the tendency...
... middle of paper ...
...efinition provided in each one I could easily see these reflected in my personality. The results are as follows:
1. Extraversion - (25) about average - I am not highly energetic nor am I overly reserved.
2. Agreeableness- (26) about average - I am not overly trusting nor am I highly aggressive
3. Conscientiousness - (41) relatively high - I am very methodical and organized but not easily distracted
4. Neuroticism - (11) relatively low - I am secure and relaxed but not overly emotional
5. Openness - (19) relatively low - I am not exceptionally creative nor do I seek out culture. I am more of a down-to-earth person.
Note: According to the test, the score on each scale is interpreted relative to a large sample of people that have taken the test and relatively high means that my score was in the top 30% and relatively low means my score was in the bottom 30%.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The role of a project manager has been the subject of numerous publications that have attempted to provide a precise set of qualities and responsibilities for the job title. However, the job role is so encompassing that there are still many different schools of thought on the subject and much debate over the precise terminology to best describe a project manager. This paper analyzes five such publications, and attempts to rationalize their research into a cohesive and comprehensive description of the roles of project manager.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- As we see that there are more five additional activities that are been added to the Gantt chart, where the new project start with the internal research on cloud computing with other teams under the Environment Technologies Program has been developing a schedule and many others are researching about the cloud computing project. Then we identify the business of giving expert advice to people working in a professional or technical field. Here this function will help in giving the complete information about the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, PRINCE2, Cost]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Picture a person who that is juggling doing several things at once; they are balancing a stick in one hand and another stick on their nose. Each stick has a plate on the top that they want to keep spinning without losing balance or dropping either. There is a lot going on in those actions including the exact timing of when to reach up and spin a plate, constant body movement to keep the sticks balanced as not to fall, and a continued push from the free hand to keep both plates spinning. This paradigm could be used to describe integration knowledge area of project management.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Extraversion relates to an individual’s social tendencies in regards to possessing outgoing traits rather than introversion. Introversion would lead a person to think more inwardly and show more disposition towards being bashful and avoidance towards large social scenes. If an individual is high on extraversion they are more likely to be social and affectionate. An individual who tests low in regards to extraversion is more likely to show traits of reservation and hostility. If a person tests high on agreeableness they are more likely to be softhearted, trusting, and offer help to those in need (Chua, 10/18/16 Lecture).... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Project Procurement Management Project Procurement Management is defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) (2013) as a set of defined processes that support the acquisition of products, services, or results. The success or failure of a project is accredited to the project team’s ability to balance scope, schedule, and cost constraints. The need for procurement management increases the project’s level of complexity and likelihood of risks. Moreover, the procurement management processes are a project within a project.... [tags: Procurement, Project management]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Project Quality management Project management ensures that the task is accomplished minimizing the risk factors in specific time frame and minimizing the cost incurred while maximizing customer satisfaction. Henceforth, project management mainly deals with the areas such as cost, time, quality, scope, management of stakeholders, human resource management and risk management. Every project has a projected level of quality. When the projects vary, there will be variation in quality too. The specifications established by the customer will decide what the expected level of quality is.... [tags: Project management, Management, Quality assurance]
705 words (2 pages)
- ... C. Chan, Danny C. K. Ho, & C. M. Tam, 2001) elicited six success factors from project personnel’s opinion and through surveys for different D&B projects and concluded that most of them were explanatory on the project performance. The six factors which determined the success of the projects were the project team commitment, competencies of the client and contractor, risk & liability assessment, end users’ needs and the constraints imposed by end-users. (Matilda Alexandrova & Liliana Ivanova, 2013) postulated a new method to determine the project success factors based on the control methods, unlike the traditional methods that focused on developing a tool to achieve the desired result.... [tags: Project management, Construction, Management]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Objectives Wishing to maintain their current range of hats and hopefully grow their place in the hat market, Hills Hats and our project team have identified the following possible objectives or solutions: 1. Employees continue to work overtime to meet the sales demand – the do nothing option. 2. Expand the workforce to create the needed capacity. 3. Contract out (ie, outsource) some work. 4. Develop more efficient hat manufacturing processes. 5. Some appropriate combination of the above options.... [tags: Project management, Management, Team]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Did you know that many children as well as adults cannot read. Statistics show that if they have the resources they need that reading can be enhanced. For my senior project I plan to do an extensive book drive for educators to assist children as well as adults still in school learn to read by providing proper books for daycares, elementary schools and adult learning centers to use. After receiving authorization from the following facilities, I will set up boxes and bins at places such as Publix, different public schools, and my parent’s work.... [tags: Project Proposal]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Independent Novel Project English 10—Fall 2008 Parent notes and doctor’s office excuses will not be grounds for a penalty-free extension because I have given you two months to complete the assignment, and I am already giving you a five-day extension. All portions of the assignment must be submitted to avoid the fifty percent penalty. In addition to turning in a print copy of the assignment, an electronic copy must also be submitted to turnitin.com by the above deadline. If you are having trouble with the site, you should email your assignment to me as a Microsoft Word attachment by Thursday, December 18.... [tags: Project Assignment]
1033 words (3 pages)