Two years ago I started increasing interest in television, and watching movies. In addition, I grew quite fond of a sitcom created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. The show is called “Big Bang Theory”. Anytime a good laugh was needed, I knew I could count on this hilarious serious. Also I found a new favorite movie. My new favorite movie is called “Notebook” it’s a romantic drama film. Anyone who has seen this movie probably had eyes filled with tears. The movie is directed by Nick Cassavetes, it’s based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. This is the type of entertainment I take a strong liking to; each one has its own reasons.
During the month (January 6 – January, 12, 2014) the sixteenth week of season 2013- 2014, “Big Bang Theory” has the largest ratings from viewers ages 18-24. I researched this information on www.tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com, written by Sara Bibel. I believe the older crowd has a different sense of humor, and their interest is what causes this show to have an upward trend. The series “Big Bang Theory” has numerous funny quotes that can explain why the trend increases, and why people tune in everyday to watch.
Examples of some quotes from www.the-big-bang-theory.com/quotes/ are I’m not crazy, my mother had me tested (Sheldon Cooper’s role). Another (Sheldon Cooper role) mom smokes in the car. Jesus is okay with it, but we can tell dad. There is an Indian character (Raj) and he says, “but e-excuse me, I have something to say. None of you may realize it, but I was very much looking forward to this weekend. It was going to be like the old days—the four of us hanging out, playing video games, before you guys all got girlfriends. Do you have any idea what it’s l...
... middle of paper ...
... try to reenact. If you are weak minded fantasy can easily take over, so be careful. Individuals need to be certain that their brain can take different types of entertainment. I would proclaim we as citizens have the right to do as we please, as long as consequences are noticed.
1. Bibel, Sarah. "DVR Ratings: Big Bang Theory." DVR Ratings: Big Bang Theory. Nielsen TV Ratings Data:©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved, 26 Jan. 2014. Web. 01 Feb. 2014.
2. "The Big Bang Theory Site." UpdatesWWW.the-big-bang-theory.com/quotes/. Ed. Chuck Lorre Productions or Warner Bros. 2007 - 2014 The Big Bang Theory Fan Site. An Unofficial Fan Site. Not Affiliated with CBS, Chuck Lorre Productions or Warner Bros., 2007-2014. Web. 04 Feb. 2014.
3. Sparks, Nicholas. "Popular Quotes." Popular Quotes. 2014 Goodreads Inc, 2014. Web. 01 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Two years ago I started increasing interest in television, and watching movies. In addition, I grew quite fond of a sitcom created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. The show is called “Big Bang Theory”. Anytime a good laugh was needed, I knew I could count on this hilarious serious. Also I found a new favorite movie. My new favorite movie is called “Notebook” it’s a romantic drama film. Anyone who has seen this movie probably had eyes filled with tears.... [tags: entertainment, sheldon, tv series]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Summarize the arguments in favor of the ban on tobacco advertising in India Part of the ban on tobacco was based on the "need to protect public health". Cigarettes are not in the best interest of the public, on the contrary they provoke high risk in serious or lethal illness. Also, there was a difference of 0.07% between the contribution (to the G.D.P) of cigarettes and the costs related to health care. The objective of the banning tobacco advertisements was to invert these results so that the health care costs would be reduced in the G.D.P as cigarette sales would decrease at the same time.... [tags: Tobacco advertising, Tobacco, Nicotine]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- The ban on protests reflects a theoretical dilemma that Manuel Castells outlines in his book Networks of Outrage and Hope. As Castells (2012) explains, although movements usually start on Internet social networks, they become actions by occupying the urban space. So far, in Saudi Arabia, this has not happened, particularly as it relates to the #Women2Drive campaign. While the calls encouraging women and their supporters to drive a car on October 26 gained momentum via Twitter, only 60 people publically protested, "making it the country 's largest ever demonstration against the ban" (Dozens of Saudi Women Drive, 2013, para.... [tags: Sociology, Twitter, Saudi Arabia, Mass media]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Case Study Analysis – Ban on Tobacco Advertising by the Government of India The connections held amongst the Government, the Tobacco Industry and the health of citizens has been a controversial and complicated topic for decades. This case analysis will focus on the ban on tobacco advertising in India. First, the ideas and arguments will be discussed for both the supporters and those who opposed the ban. The next topics will include the conflict of interest in regards to the government of India and my opinion on what governments should be doing in regards to tobacco advertising.... [tags: Tobacco advertising, Tobacco, Government]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- We Need a Ban on CFCs Life on this planet Earth is the product of a delicate balancing act provided by nature. Mankind's very existence is totally dependent on this fragile ecosystem's ability to maintain itself. A valuable player in the balance of the environment, the ozone layer, is facing a very serious threat by man. Chloroflourocarbons (CFCs), are chemical agents commonly found in refrigerants, aerosol sprays, and in the manufacturing of Styrofoam and industrial solvents. With the rate of more than a half-million tons of CFCs being spewed into the atmosphere yearly, the rate of ozone depletion is rising at an alarming rate.... [tags: Pollution and Environment Essays]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Smokers’ vs Nonsmokers’ Rights We have all heard the warnings of the negative effects on health and on the environment caused by tobacco smoke from nonsmokers and their anti-smoking campaigns. These campaigns give nonsmokers a way to voice their right to breathe clean air and to protect their health and the environment. We have seen how society, businesses, and government have taken action to promote a smoke free society and to accommodate the nonsmokers’ rights. On the other hand, we hear from smokers that claim that their personal rights are being infringed upon by society, businesses and government while they cater to nonsmokers.... [tags: ban, health, business]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- It’s was a dark night. The traffic was heavy; it was raining, and visibility was limited. There was an accident on the Interstate and three young people were killed. During the investigation it is revealed that one of the drivers was using a cell phone and failed to see the brake lightss of the car in front of them that had swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Though our instinct is to do what we can to prevent such tragedies in the future; we cannot control the weather. We can restrict driving at night, but that wouldn’t be reasonable.... [tags: Driving Safety]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Media Essay - It’s Time to Ban the Advertising of Alcoholic Beverages Everywhere we go, we're bombarded by all sorts of advertisements. We can seldom go through one day without receiving at least one phone call from a telemarketer. Turn on the TV for 15 or 20 minutes and you'll see at least one 5-minute commercial break. Advertisements are abundant everywhere we go: alongside roads, at airports, and at train stations. Why is advertising so popular, why do so many companies pump millions of dollars each year into advertising.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Argument Essays]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Appearance, however it doesn’t determine moral, psychological, and social manner. To sum it up feminist legal theory purses to deliver how the law played a role in women’s previous lower ranked status and focuses on changing women’s previous status by a revising of the law and taking alternate approaches towards sex and gender. Last but not least Professor Nicola Lacey’s “general principle” supports what the purpose of feminist legal theory is. Professor Nicola Lacey talks about gendered assumptions present in the general principle, in other word saying that the laws are very extensive and results in undetailed analysis of the difference between men and women (Susan Brophy, 2014, Lecture 8A)... [tags: feminism, sex workers,bedford case]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Both legal theory and theories of the state stand at a crossroads today. The modern state has transformed quite radically from its traditional image. According to Habermas’ account, in traditional societies, “the law made by the ruler remained subordinate to the Christian natural law administered by the Church”. The social integration was a result of bonding convictions which came from the mythical narratives and ritual practices. However, in the postmodern situation with all its complex interrogations of Universalist claims and a predominantly secular society such as ours, “the normative order is maintained without such metasocial guarantees”.... [tags: law, social integration, government]
2027 words (5.8 pages)