Beyonce Knowles was born Beyonce Giselle Knowles on September 4, 1981 to Mathew Knowles and Tina Beyince, in Houston, Texas. Knowles was enrolled in various performing arts schools and was first exposed to singing and dancing competitions as a child. At the age of eight Knowles met Latavia Roberson in the girl group called girl’s tyme. Eventually Mathew Knowles trimmed the girl group to four members which included Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Latavia Roberson, and Letoya Luckett. They changed the name of the group to Destiny Child. The group signed to Columbia Records in late 1997. In 2003 Knowles released her first solo album titled dangerously in Love. In 2004 she earned herself five Grammy awards. A year after her break up with destiny child in 2005 beyonce released her sophomore solo album titled B’Day on her birthday September 4, 2006. She released her third solo album I am…Sasha Fierce November 2008. Jon Pareles of The New York Times commented that she has the voice that defines Destiny Child, writing that her voice is "velvety yet tart, with an insistent flutter and reserves of soul belting".James Anthony of The Guardian says that Beyonce’s voice is distinctive and fast, with almost hiccuping vocal technique. Other critics praise Knowles’ range and power. Singing is not the only Beyonce makes money she is als...
... middle of paper ...
...SOS" and J. C. Penney. In 2007, Fenty signed with CoverGirl and became a celebrity spokesperson which included appearances on TV commercials and in the Barbados Tourism Authority's tourism commercials. Rihanna recorded a song written by Ne-Yo entitled "Just Be Happy" as part of a deal to promote the Happy fragrance. Rihanna also recorded a song called "Winning Women" with Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger for P&G's female deodorant Secret. In December 2008, Rihanna teamed with Gucci to appear in their ads for the Tattoo Heart Collection.\
In colclusion Beyonce Knowles and Rihanna Fenty are two different women with so much in common. These women are in the height of their career’s, with the endorsement deals, the clothing line, the albums, and the movies that they have starred in these women are well on their way to become two of the richest singer’s of their time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Don’t you get that badass vibe whenever Rihanna is dancing in her music videos and singing those despicable lines. Yes, everyone does. With an unprecedented musical success, she’s one the most influencing pop stars the world has seen since the 2000s. In just 9 years of being in the music industry, Rihanna has achieved 12 billboard music awards, 8 Grammy awards, sold 210 million songs and 54 million albums worldwide. You think that’s all. No. She’s the fastest solo artist to hit the no.1 singles on billboard hot 100, thirteen times; that too as the youngest in the scene.... [tags: Rihanna, Good Girl Gone Bad, Def Jam Recordings]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- In today’s world, celebrities are often misunderstood, especially singer/songwriter Robin Rihanna Fenty, referred to as Rihanna. Rihanna’s sexual behaviors in her videos have been talked about in negative ways for some time now, but what [eople do not understand is that it is all for fame. Celebrities will do anything to keep their career going strong. If one really took the time out to take a deep look at Rihanna, they will notice how humble she really is. After going through the abusive relationship with Chris Brown, Rihanna has struggled with gaining that strong confidence with who she is.... [tags: sexual behaviors, rihanna, fame, videos]
1685 words (4.8 pages)
- Human voice is an expressive musical instrument as people use their own voices to perform pieces or songs with or without any other instruments. If the voice is damaged to a serious stage, it can be lost forever. Therefore, vocal health is important to singers to take care their voices. In the following discussion we will discuss what the vocal health is, why it is relevant to contemporary singing from vocal anatomy, physiology and voice function. Vocal health Vocal health is the ideal operating of the vocal mechanism (Hughes, 2002).... [tags: human voice, instruments, vocal health]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- The voice stands alone as the most important genre and instrument in music history. It’s development can be examined back as early as the 13th century from secular church music, Renaissance motets, early Baroque oratorios, classical opera, German lied, to jazz music in America. Vocal music is probably considered the oldest and the youngest forms of music. Music that dates back as far as the medieval time period is still being sung even today along with the newer popular genres of music. Vocal music is considered to dominate the first part of history considering that it started off with church music.... [tags: vocal music, church music, renaissance motets]
1856 words (5.3 pages)
- Living in America, it is a never ending burden for black bodies to be forced to assimilate to the customs of whites. Within the black culture it is difficult to find a medium between being too black or too white, formally known as double conscious. Often times it is beneficial to live life by masking, or passing due to social convections. African American artist especially, have to face this challenge in their works. In order for their talents to be appreciated, conforming to what is considered ideal in our society is a must.... [tags: African American, Black people, White people]
2163 words (6.2 pages)
- People frequently betray others because of the evil in their hearts. In A Separate Peace, John Knowles uses the pureness of the rakish Finny to portray the savage or bad side of the vulpine Gene. He also uses it to prove that peace is exceedingly difficult to acquire until a person accepts the ignorance in their own heart. That means that acceptance is the key to finding peace. Thus, Gene finds his peace when Finny forgives him and when Gene learns to forgive himself as well. Gene assumes that Finny and he despise each other, until he becomes aware of how flawless Finny really is, which Gene loathes.... [tags: A Separate Peace, John Knowles]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Friendship is one of the most important relationships that people form in all of their lives. Children build bonds when they are young and use those skills to continue fulfilling friendships for the rest of their lives. Throughout A Separate Peace, John Knowles displays the good things about close friendships but also the hardships that often occur. Gene and Finny are two boys that attend Devon school. Which is a school that closely reflects the one that Knowles attended while he was growing up.... [tags: Separate Peace, John Knowles, Friendship, ]
652 words (1.9 pages)
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles A Separate Peace was written by John Knowles in 1959 when he was 33. it is ser in a New Hampshire prep school during WWII. A few teens at this school are greatly affected by the war. Many adults are asking them to join the armed forces. Gene, the main character, trains with his once athletic star friend, Finny, for the Olympics. Although against the war many people request that he join. His other friend, Leper, joins and receives a Section 8 discharge for being considered "mentally unstable." Even though against the war, many of the boys do join the troops just to avoid being drafted to the front lines.... [tags: Knowles Separate Peace]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Analysis of A Separate Peace by John Knowles Telgen states John Knowles was born on 16 September 1926, in Fairmont, West Virginia. At the age of fifteen, Knowles attended New Hampshire's prestigious Phillips Exeter Academy. The Devon school, where most of the actions of A Separate Peace take place, is based on Phillips Exeter. After graduating from Exeter, Knowles entered Yale University for the 1944 fall term before going into the U.S. Army Air Force. After being discharged from service, he returned to Yale and continued his studies.... [tags: Knowles Separate Peace Analysis]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- John Knowles' "A Separate Peace" Gene, returns to the Devon School in New Hampshire, where he was a student with his friend Phineas 15 years ago, just as World War II began. The book goes back 15 years, to Gene's days with Phineas. On their first chance to jump off a huge tree into the river, Phineas, being the daredevil, goes first and Gene is the only one who follows. Gene is normally a conservative, conformist type person, but around Phineas, he consents to break the rules more often. Finny is an irregularity at Devon.... [tags: John Knowles Separate Peace Essays]
1417 words (4 pages)