Pepsi is listed as a stable and is trending towards higher profits from their non-carbonated brands. Originally incorporated in 1919, PepsiCo is a leader in the global snack and the beverage industry. The company manufactures and sells a variety of snacks, carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, and foods. Pepsi does have a slight advantage in the fact that they have branched out to snacks. Products include: Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, 7UP (outside the U.S.), Tropicana Pure Premium, Sierra Mist, SoBe Lifewater, Tropicana juice drinks, Amp Energy, Naked juice and Izze, and...
... middle of paper ...
...uch as I might want to admit it they have clear control of their company and the product lines they offer. Pepsi will continue to grow and find new ways to expand their business. Coke on the other hand does have a strong hold on the carbonated drinks section of the industry and continues to perform above the market. However, without new growth in new subsections of this industry Coca-Cola will slowly lose ground. The market is trending towards more healthy products and fresh refreshment offerings. In order for these giants to continue to control their perspective markets they will need to expand their offerings and products. It should be mentioned that current events that will play a role in the survival or destruction of these companies include the energy section and how it has ingrained itself into pop culture. Finally let it be known I still enjoy Coke over Pepsi.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Beverage Industry is a very mature industry and includes companies that market nonalcoholic beverages and alcoholic items. There is room for growth opportunities but there are very few compared to existing businesses in the sector. Since the growth mainly comes from those already in this industry, many of the companies seek to diversify their offerings to continue to compete. One of the main ways to diversify their offerings is too seek out arrangements or acquisitions that expand their geographic reach, acquire new products, and expand their operations.... [tags: PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Trends and Conditions Paper Introduction When starting a small business, in the food and beverage industry, there are always several trends and conditions that will affect your business, including consumer choice. Consumers want to be able to chose their personal preferences, which have been focused on natural culinary ingredients, that are sourced locally, and that possess natural and sustainable factors; becoming a healthier lifestyle, for most. Kudler Fine Foods provides consumers with specialty food, beverages, cuisines, and culinary themes that will have an influence on the trends for 2015, (Food Trends, 2015).... [tags: Food, Food industry, Food security, Famine]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Over the years, energy drinks have become very popular being one of the fastest-growing parts of the beverage industry. (Meier) These products are meant to revitalize the body by boosting energy so that consumers can be more active and productive. The strengths of entering this industry include: low supplier power, international recognition, and an appealing image. The ingredients necessary to make energy drinks consist of caffeine, taurine, vitamins, and other supplements that are easily accessible.... [tags: Caffeine, Energy drink, Coffee, Red Bull]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Introduction The global market for international soft drink industry is about $ 198 billion out of which the giants like Coca Cola and Pepsi hold a major stake. The marketing and sales trends vary from one country to another depending on the geographic and climatic conditions. Cadbury Schwepps is the third major player in the global soft drink industry. The three giants occupy about 90% of the total market. Over the past few years, the global trends have clearly indicated that the consumption of carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks has nearly doubled.... [tags: Marketing, Outsourcing, Advertising]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Careers in Lodging and Food and Beverage Management If you are interested in a management career in hospitality industry it is good to research the management position that you may be interested in. Find out what the different positions are is a good way to start your research. The two different industries within the hospitality industry are the Hotel and Lodging industry and the Restaurant industry. The different top management position in the Hotel and Lodging are: General Manager, Director of Human Resources, Director of Food and beverage, Director of Rooms Division, Director of Sales and Marketing, Director of Engineering, Director of Accounting.... [tags: human resource, food and beverage industry]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- How Do Oligopolies affect the Beverage Industry. In order to answer the question “How Do Oligopolies effect the Beverage Industry?” we must first understand what an Oligopoly is. An Oligopoly is a market form in which a market or industry is dominated by a small number of sellers. An oligopoly is much like a monopoly, in which only one company exerts control over most of a market. In an oligopoly, there are at least two firms controlling the market. So what exactly does this mean. To put this into perspective an Industry, such as the Beverage Industry, is composed of various sellers.... [tags: Coca-Cola, Marketing, PepsiCo, Oligopoly]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- How Do Oligopolies affect the Beverage Industry. In order to answer the question “How Do Oligopolies effect the Beverage Industry?” we must first understand what an Oligopoly is. An Oligopoly is a market form in which a market or industry is dominated by a small number of sellers. An oligopoly is much like a monopoly, in which only one company exerts control over most of a market. In an oligopoly, there are at least two firms controlling the market. So what exactly does this mean. To put this into perspective an Industry, such as the Beverage Industry, is composed of various sellers.... [tags: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- mpact of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) on beverage industry produce fruit juice contain drinks in the USA 1. Introduction: According to the Center of Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), there are around 48 million people get sick annually due to food borne diseases. One out of six people in the USA get sick or suffer from foodborne illness in every year. More than hundred thousand are hospitalized and thousands of Americans died every year (“Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) > Food Safety Legislation Key Facts” 2015).... [tags: Food safety, Food, Foodborne illness, Juice]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Designing the optimized distribution network for carbonated soft drink industry Introduction National and International businesses are becoming ever more dependent on logistics and supply chain management in order to keep pace with the demands of an increasingly global economy. This is why business leaders acknowledge that the supply chain can be a value creator and a source of competitive advantage. Logistics management is defined according to The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (August, 2013) as “Logistics management is that part of supply chain management that plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, servic... [tags: Logistics Management Essays]
2902 words (8.3 pages)
- The Re-Engineering Project in Beverage Industry The burning issue Today, beverage industry has very high competition in global market. Marketing and brand position may be the first thing which a company probably thinks that they are the most important but the fact is supply chain management (SCM) can strongly indicate the company successful as well. Effective SCM is the most favorable key in the market strategy because SCM drives every activity of a firm to the end customer. Without effective SCM, company will probably be eliminated, Bommer and O’Neil (2001, pp11-12).... [tags: Business Marketing]
1530 words (4.4 pages)