The role of the BBB is to help resolve customer’s complaints. Customers must attempt to resolve their situation independently before they involve the BBB. Once the BBB is involved, they use a 3 step communication technique. The first is conciliation; The better business Bureau sends out a copy of the complaint to the company for review and a reply. After a 3 week deadline, the BBB awaits reply to see if the situation has been resolved. The second step is Mediation; This step offers help and guidance in resolving a mutual resolution for both the customer and the business. The third is Arbitration; This is an informal process where both parties must agree to a binding decision. The arbitrator will allow each party to present their respective sides and introduce relevant evidence. The BBB has a 70% success rate for solving customer complaints.
The BBB has numerous functions, but the main objective of the BBB is to connect buyers and sellers with marketplace trust. The BBB has its own set of Accreditation Standards and Standards of Trust that each business must meet. Not all businesses are eligibl...
... middle of paper ...
...ery beneficial for both, customers and businesses. I think having the “News Centre” helps out a lot of people by posting alerts on the recent scams taking place in Canada and the US. The alerts will help lower the amount of identity theft that is happening in the world.
I have also learned that the automotive trade is in the top 3 for service for complaints, and top 10 for customers inquiring about automotive service businesses. I didn’t realize that a business had to pay fees to be in the BBB, and pass a set of regulations to be eligible.
The BBB is a reliable source for information, and I believe we are grateful to have such an exceptional service.
Dave Roos, Male, How Better Business Bureaus Work, (2011), http://money.howstuffworks.com/better-business-bureau1.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB), the mark that we all look for when researching a business. We have come to trust this organization and most of us felt that the BBB was an impartial party that was formed and existed to help the buyer make an informed decision. The BBB, like any other company or organization has had its share of controversy over the years, whenever there is a human element, there is sometimes ethical challenges and people make the wrong decisions. Ethical issue intensity comes into play when an individual or a group must make a decision whether the action they are about to take is unethical, and if so, in their opinion, how unethical.... [tags: non profit organizations, marketplace trust]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- Marketing is a fundamental aspect of all businesses, whether they are set out to make a profit, or charitable organisations - they will have to carry out marketing research of some description. It has been described as being, “the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.” (Chartered Institute of Marketing) This essay will explore the role of marketing in a marketing oriented business and different aspects of the external environment that a smartphone company should be aware of.... [tags: Business, Role of Marketing]
2002 words (5.7 pages)
- We all have heard, "if it is too good to be true, it probably is", but the thing is, maybe it sounds good to you and it is not as good as it sounds, but it may be worth your time to get involved with the company. How much are the start up costs. Let me start out and say that I am not bashing any one company. As you look at what each company requires for you to sign up, you will find most have minimal start up costs. However, if you came to me and said you wanted to own a McDonalds franchise, and I told you it was $25, you would get excited.... [tags: Business Plan]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Outsourcing to foreign shores, or offshoring, is an idea that has long been in practice, yet meets resistance when American business seeks to send jobs overseas. Sending jobs overseas may help a faltering American business keep their doors open and keep more important jobs open for American workers. Outsourcing has been a business practice for hundreds of years. Adopting legislation to curb Offshoring will limit American businesses competitive edge, one that helps small business thrive and grow, and helps big business to plant an American flag in the international business of offshoring.... [tags: International Business FDI Foreign Direct Investme]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- Start Up Busines Case Study Many potential business owners start up companies or invest in companies without conducting the proper research. This causes numerous businesses to fail. I investigated a business that I as a business owner would like to establish. My analysis of the potential business will address several important topics. I will research the background of the industry, trends, how to finance the business and what kind of a business it will be. I will also look into the organizational structure for the company as well as how many employees it will take to make this business successful.... [tags: Business Entrepreneurship]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- The Effects of the Economy On Business Administration The career I choose to pursue is the career of Business Administration. This career consists of running a small or big business and being able to run it and be capable of making small or very important decisions. A business runs and depends on the people and how people spend their money. If people spend their money responsibly and they know how to administrate their money and will make the economy to be stable and be good. As we all know, the economy has been really bad for the past year and it has made millions of people loose their homes and their jobs.... [tags: Economy]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Kennedy Came Out of the Cuban Missile Crisis Better Than Khrushchev The Cuban Missile Crisis is regarded as the most serious/ tense time during the Cold War. It was in the period of the thirteen days that the world came close to experiencing the first war, in which nuclear capabilities would possibly be used. In 1959, Fidel Castro a capitalist overthrew, the American backed government of Cuba, lead by Flugencio Batista. This was a considerable blow for the US as they had invested a great deal of money into Cuban business and were on uncertain with Castro.... [tags: Papers]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- The Census Bureau This paper will identify what I learned from the following two websites identified as the following: www.claritas.com and www.census.gov. The following questions are posed and will be answered in this paper. 1) What did you find that surprised you. 2) How are they different. 3) How are they the same. 4) How might these two market research sources help a company develop a marketing mix. 5) What might each of the 2 sources tell you about consumer behavior in your area.... [tags: Census Bureau Business Marketing Essays]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Wireless Handhelds for Business Wireless handhelds are almost as ever-present as the cell phone. Wireless handhelds are almost indispensible within the business world. These devices are plentiful with many different makes to choose from. The list of manufacturers is extensive. Palm, Handspring, Compaq, Hewlett Packard, Casio and more.( Hand Held Technology, 2008 ) Which system and manufacturer would present itself with the greatest value for Check Point Systems. Currently Checkpoint Systems uses handhelds with the Palm operating system.... [tags: PDA Smartphones Handheld Device]
1870 words (5.3 pages)
- SMC Company Five-Year HR Forecast The local labor market has continued to shrink and labor costs have continued to soar over the past two years. SMC's workforce has now become bilingual and has had to deal with occasional unsuccessful attempts for its labor force to organize a union. To remain competitive for the next five years and sustain its growing sales, SMC Company will have to address staffing, employee development and training, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and safety and health issues.... [tags: essays research papers]
1166 words (3.3 pages)