The Best of Me is a drama-romance film set in a small town in Louisiana. Romance films, often referred to as “chick flicks,” are most commonly known for having the plot of a heartbreaking love story. This movie will make all generations smile,yet cry, as it goes through the main characters relationship of falling in love from high school to adulthood. Although this film does follow the norms of its genre, it goes into a deeper meaning than just love. The viewer will think about relationships they’ve had in the past and if they are genuinely happy with the way their life is now. This movie will undoubtfully bring you back to memories with the person you will never forget —your first love.
The Best of Me is written by Nicholas Sparks and adapted by Michael Hoffman. Sparks has written ten romance novels that have been turned into films, his most popular being Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams’, The Notebook. He is very well-positioned with the topic of love, being the author of #1 New York times best seller for twelve books. Spark says in one of his interviews, “I hope to be remembered as an author who defined and exemplified excellence in crafting the modern love story.” His audience is typically teenage or adult women who adore love stories with unexpected endings. No matter what age it seems that every girl enjoys reading or watching a movie about a man who falls in love with a woman and seeing him do anything for her.
By way of example, in The Best of Me, high school sweethearts Dawson Cole (James Marsden/Luke Bracey) and Amanda Collier (Michelle Monaghan/Liana Liberato) rekindle their love as they reunite after twenty years of not seeing or communicating with each other. Amanda and Dawson live in two seperate realities, but t...
... middle of paper ...
...nerations so the audience can relate on all levels.
Similar to Dawson and Amanda, I began a relationship at a young age so I can relate to this film on a very intimate level. Although my experience is not identical to theirs, I can say I know how it feels to have a very memorable relationship with my first love. Living a minute away from each other, I spent more time with him than I did anyone else. He was my best friend and I know our relationship is something that will stay with me forever. We always told each other that college would not be a problem, but once we were 1,440 miles away from each other, we decided it was best to end things. I am not at the point of my life where I will truly know if the memory of him will haunt me as it did Dawson and Amanda, but by the happiness he brought me I’m confident it is something that’ll never completely leave my heart.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nicholas Sparks’ book, The Best of Me, tells the story of two lovers-Amanda and Dawson- who grew to love one another at a young age. Both characters live in the same place geographically, but are in different worlds. Dawson lives in a trailer park and his family has a history of causing trouble around town, while Amada lives in a large house with an affluent family. Despite their differences, they come to fall deeply in love with each other. Once Amanda’s mother catches wind of her love interests, she insists that she end it.... [tags: Romeo and Juliet, Romance, English-language films]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- The Best of Me is a drama-romance film set in a small town in Louisiana. Romance films, often referred to as “chick flicks,” are most commonly known for having the plot of a heartbreaking love story. This movie will make all generations smile,yet cry, as it goes through the main characters relationship of falling in love from high school to adulthood. Although this film does follow the norms of its genre, it goes into a deeper meaning than just love. The viewer will think about relationships they’ve had in the past and if they are genuinely happy with the way their life is now.... [tags: English-language films, Love]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- A Legacy of Love Nicholas Sparks once said, “Every great love starts with a great story...” (Goodreads 1). As an author of love stories, Nicholas Sparks has written many novels that would later become beautiful adaptations of his words. In fact, eleven of the romance novels written by Sparks have been turned into movies. These films include The Lucky One, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, and The Last Song. Even with the numerous movies released, one remains prominent and is ranked number one by many fans.... [tags: Love, Nicholas Sparks, Alzheimer's disease]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks is considered to be one of the greatest American authors of today. He provides love, romance, passion, drama, tragedy, comedy, triumph, and mystery in all of his novels. His stories are heartwarming and inspiring. Nicholas Sparks does not have a specific writing style. His writing style is flexible and liberal, and can be described as romantic, imaginative and engaging, and varies depending on the theme of the novel. The theme of the novel is the main thing that affects his writing style.... [tags: Love, Fiction, Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- PLOT SYNOPOSIS: The Notebook is a modern day love story that was written by Nicholas Sparks. The story begins with you thinking it is going to be about a man living in a nursing home that reads to other patients. The man’s journal readings flashback to the 1930’s and 1940’s. I felt the storyline was the typical rich girl’s parents do not approve of her dating a boy from lower class in the Pre-World War II era. The story flashes back to a couples younger years and moves forward to the nursing home in 1995.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Mother, Nicholas Sparks]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks' The Guardian In this book, Julie Barenson is a young widow, whose husband Jim died earlier from cancer. Her husband left her two unexpected gifts. The first was a Great Dane puppy name Singer (this gift was delivered the first Christmas after his passing) and the other gift was his promise that he would always be watching over her. About four years after his passing, Julie is twenty-nine years old and is too young to have given up on love just yet. She may be ready to risk caring for someone again but she just can't figure out who that person is yet.... [tags: Sparks Guardian Book Review]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- Nicholas Sparks, an American author, writes love stories. His novel, The Notebook, was nominated for book of the year in 1997. Nicholas Sparks’ novels are translated into over thirty-five languages. He did not always dream of being a writer. Nicholas Sparks grew up in several different places as a child in a poor but educationally rich family and is now a best selling love novelist. Growing up in a family that focused on education, Nicholas Sparks would eventually graduate at the top of his class.... [tags: Authors]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- Safe Haven: the novel The author: Nicholas Sparks Nicholas Sparks was born on December 31, 1965 in Omaha, Nebraska and works as author, screenwriter and producer. He is born as the middle of three children. His older brother is called Michael and his younger sister is named Danielle. In 2000 she died from a brain tumour. Later he stated he had based the female protagonist in the novel “A Walk to Remember” on her. During his childhood his family moved a lot, but during his high school years the family Sparks lived in Fair Oaks, California.... [tags: novel, literature, ]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Approximately three years ago, my friend had hit rock bottom in her relationships with guys. She had just removed herself from a bad relationship, and needed space to herself. But after meeting one guy, it changed her mindset of what she had thought previously. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks is an astonishing and remarkable novel about a male individual changing the life of a young girl in the matter of just two weeks. The equivalently titled movie directed by Lasse Hallström, is decent as well but there are a few aspects I prefer in the novel.... [tags: Fiction, Literature, Novel, Character]
2648 words (7.6 pages)
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks Just after Graduation 1932, the opening night of the Neuse River Festival in Newbern, North Carolina, Noah met his friends Fin and Sarah for a night of games, food and fun. When he got there Fin and Sarah were talking to a girl that Noah thought was the most beautiful and intriguing girl he'd ever laid eyes on, her name was Allie. They hung out at the festival and drank some cherry Cokes until it closed, the entire time they were there Noah kept trying to ask out Allie on a date but she kept turning him down.... [tags: Notebook Novel Film Movie]
1270 words (3.6 pages)