“Jarvis, let LoKitty know I’m home, make sure Marji knows there are perishables packed in with my coffee, and let me know the minute you have your files synced.
“Of course Sir. If I might suggest, now would be a good time for a nice relaxing bath?”
Tony grimaced at his AI’s nearest camera. “Very funny. I have a boat load of stuff I need to work on. So fire up--”
“Sir, since Prince Loki has the lab levels on lock down, I really do recommend you get a bath or find something else to do this afternoon. While I can’t be one hundred percent sure, I predict that the bath would be your best course of action.
Tony’s forward progress ground to a halt and he folded his arms and frowned at Jarvis’ camera. “Jay? What the fuck is going on here? Why is MY lab on lock down with me on the outside of it? And what in the hell does any of this have to do with me taking a bath. Which I have to tell you will never be relaxing enough when anyone, let alone tall, dark, and divine has me locked out of my own fucking lab!
I understand Sir, and I am sorry Sir, but there isn’t any way to get around Prince Loki’s lock down.”
Ignoring his faithful, but now annoying AI, Tony strode toward the lab entrance at the back of the house, his hands now twitching loosely at his sides. And, not inconsequentially picking up a full load of steam, every step more emphatically placed than the last.
“In fairness, I do believe Prince Loki had intended to be finished before you were scheduled to arrive back home tomorrow...
... middle of paper ...
...ling breath, and affecting an air of reasonableness, Loki leaned back and smiled at him. “I don’t want to take anything away from you, I just want access, that will not in any way exclude you from the same information. Does that not seem fair to you?”
And the bitch of it was that it did. Sort of, anyhow. In the end they compromised. Loki would get thirteen hours and nine minutes, which is how long Tony had kept him from his magic. Tony files, would never, for security reasons leave Asgard. Second, Loki would have Pepper grade override rights. And third, he would have a reasonable, but not restricted one time sum of money to purchase something. Additionally, Jarvis would provide assistance with all three wergild payment items in a way and would not share that information with Tony in anyway.
That had been the deal required broker peace with turn tall, hot and crazy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tony loved Pepper. He really did. But the woman was some sort of vampire, except that instead of blood, she had a never ending craving for signatures and project approvals. Would that he could ward her off with a cross instead of a gallon of scrawled ink. “Jarvis, let LoKitty know I’m home, make sure Marji knows there are perishables packed in with my coffee, and let me know the minute you have your files synced. “Of course Sir. If I might suggest, now would be a good time for a nice relaxing bath?” Tony grimaced at his AI’s nearest camera.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity]
1659 words (4.7 pages)
- Carens and Beltran cover many strong points as to why working towards open borders is the best course of action for the United States. Through supporting evidence and dismantling of opposing arguments, these authors justify my argument for increased immigration. However, Carens covers more information that proves his claim to be stronger than Beltran. Currently in the United States our immigration policies make it difficult to move from foreign countries. I believe that immigration should be reformed because I consider the right to free movement to be a vital human right.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, United States]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Carens and Beltran tackle many strong points as to why working towards open borders is the best course of action for the United States. Through supporting evidence and dismantling of opposing arguments, these authors justify my argument for increased immigration. However, Carens covers more information that proves his claim to be stronger than Beltran. Currently in the United States our immigration policies make it difficult to move from foreign countries. I believe that immigration should be reformed because I consider the right to free movement to be a vital human right.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, United States]
706 words (2 pages)
- Statistics is something that comes up in everyday life a lot more often than some people might realize and being able to recognize statistical information as well as knowing how to use it properly can be extremely useful to you. You use it for small things, such as checking what the weather is supposed to be like throughout the week, but it can also be used for far more important situations like in medical circumstances where you are presented with chances of survival or sometimes determining the best course of action to take in order to ensure the safety of others.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Statistics, Mean]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- How does funding determine the best course of action for a student’s education. Despite the enrollment count, test scores, and economics, school closures can deter students from a sound education. Therefore, there should be more focus on educating students, and less focus on the intricacy of funding. When proposing to close an educational facility, the purpose should be prevalent, the involved parties should be concise in their stance, and the overall decision should be rational and innocuous to avoid any possibility of conflict.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Grammar school]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- What can be done about the majority of higher paying jobs going to the white males, and the issue of racial/sexual discrimination in both the workplace and in education. To this, the government already has its so-called solution… affirmative action. Affirmative action forces businesses and colleges to hire a certain number of minorities including women, so as to fill a government assessed quota. The solution is not to get even with the white males by disregarding either their hard work through high school to achieve the grade to get into their desired college or their superiority over a competitor for a job position just because the competitor happens to belong to a minority group.... [tags: Affirmative Action Essays]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- To begin with, it proves beneficial to clarify that Thomson supports abortion under certain conditions; therefore, she believes that there are cases in which abortion is no longer a justifiable course of action but there are a series of instances in which abortion is wholly permissible. From there we can begin to look at the analogies that Thomson utilizes to solidify her stance. First, she paints the picture of a famous violinist who needs anothers kidneys to survive, what would one do if they awoke to find they were volunteered to sustain him.... [tags: Pregnancy, Human, Abortion, Fetus]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Success is something that everyone yearns for in life. Whether it is becoming happy, healthy, or wise, there are certain achievements and triumphs that deem a person prosperous. However, in order to obtain success, one must dedicate themselves to what they want out of their journey, working hard to come out on top in the competitive worlds of school and work that dominate our society. All through life, people are taught that overall hard work and moral character will allow one to achieve their goals.... [tags: affirmative action argumentative persuasive]
1702 words (4.9 pages)
- The best place to for the U.S. Army to use is with a tool they are already using, which is google. Google Analytics has the ability to show the U.S. Army where their website (goamry.com) stands. It is one of the most-widely used social media assessment tools (Web Technology Surveys, 2012). The free program allows users to track social media site visitors from referrers, search engines, display advertising and email marketing. Subscribers can pay for a more sophisticated version of Google Analytics (Google Analytics, 2015).... [tags: Social media, Mass media, United States Army]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Decision-Making: Taking Action with Reason The end result of any decision is action. Action based on reason, intuition, planning, or circumstance it is still action. The best course of action often is determined by the implementation of a decision making process. This process or model can be rational based or intuitive base. It is possible to combine the intuitive and rational decision models. The OODA (Observation, Orientation, Decision, Action) Loop acknowledges the existence of intuition within the context of reason.... [tags: essays research papers]
901 words (2.6 pages)