First, I will start with Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam. This cleaner is mainly for “High Traffic” areas and is supposed to effectively work on the following stains, “ground-in dirt and stubborn stains”. (Woolite) They do not specify any other stains this product is effective for on their website. I expected a more detailed description of what a “stubborn stain” includes. Instead, the customer is referred to other products like “Oxy Deep or Pet Stain and Odor Remover” (Woolite) which in turn, costs the customer more money.
The price of this product at my local Wal-Mart is $4.43. That is not a bad price for a carpet cleaner, if it does its’ job and is effective on different stains. The manufacturer states that this product works best on “synthetic fibers, such as nylon, acrylic and polypropylene and will not harm wood if it is wiped off quickly, otherwise it will become marred”. (Woolite) This product also includes, “Scotchgard™ protector” to help keep your carpet looking clean longer and make future cleaning easier”. (Woolite) This is a nice feature although; I believe most carpet cleaners include a stain repellant.
Now, let’s look at Resolve High Traffic Foam. This cleaner is also mainly for “Hi...
... middle of paper ...
...t a great value for your money. Having a house full of two rambunctious little boys, I have had my share of stains and spills. Many of which, I thought would never come out. Resolve not only removes the stain, but you would never know the stain existed! I don’t know what I would do without my Resolve.
Resolve. Reslove High Traffic Foam. 2009. 9 December 2009
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Household Products Database. September 2009. 9 December 2009
Woolite. Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam. 2009. 9 December 2009
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The other possibility is that the cleaner may actually clean at that price, but the quality of their work will be extremely subpar. In order for them to turn a profit, they would have to do a large number of jobs a day. They will use cheap cleaning agents, cheap equipment and cheap labor. Be wary of cheap ad prices. 2. Good Equipment Is Important, But that’s Not the Only Thing. Having a stellar technician is great, but if the technician doesn’t have the technology to back him up, his talent is not going to be put to its full capacity.... [tags: floors, good equipment, safety first]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- The Puzzling Message of Figure in the Carpet At the beginning of "The Figure in the Carpet", the main character considers the criticism of literature to be a career, something he does for money. "I had done a few things and earned a few pence" (p. 357), declares the narrator in the opening line. He says later in the paragraph that having an advanced copy of a prominent novel to review was desirable because it would advance his career: "Öand whatever much or little it should do for his reputation I was clear on the spot as to what it should do for mine." (p.... [tags: Figure in the Carpet Essays]
487 words (1.4 pages)
- ... This first machine that was operated manually was created by Ives W. Mcgaffey in 1869. This device was made very difficult, society did not adore it because it was really hard for them to operate. Later on, the first powered cleaner was developed by Hubert Cecile Booth. This device was very large, it was driven by an oil engine and had to be drawn by horses because of its size. The vacuum cleaner is a household appliance that cleans by suctioning dirt and dust. According to “how stuff works” they explained that “ Vacuum cleaners put suction to work when cleaning up the dust and wastes in your house.” The suction is created by an air pump, the vacuum creates a pressure between the inside... [tags: idea, device, dust, impact]
651 words (1.9 pages)
- Magic Carpet Airlines Collective Bargaining Magic Carpet Airlines (MCA) is in the midst of a collective bargaining negotiation with a union and this paper will present the case from the union’s side of the bargaining table. First, one must understand the meaning of collective bargaining negotiations; this is when both sides of the negotiations discuss wages and others perks and then come to an amicable agreement. Collective bargaining is not a simple negotiation process, because the employer and the union usually meet on more than one occasion, due to the fact that union negotiators must keep their members informed during the process and they must also present any offers to their constituent... [tags: Negotiation, Collective bargaining, Contract]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- The White apron is a powerful play about socioeconomic problems and inequality in our community. In the play we are introduce to two main characters, the madam and the house cleaner. Secondary characters include the distinguish gentleman and swimmers on the beach. The play takes place on the beach during the month of March. In the beginning of the play, the author reminds us the readers the immediate difference between the physical appearances of the two women. We are also made aware that there are not only physical differences between the two women, but also that of social status and financial stability.... [tags: Social class, Working class, Sociology]
1067 words (3 pages)
- In the story "The Persian Carpet" by Hanan Shaykh, Shaykh uses contrast to display her differentiating personalities toward her mother’s betrayal and uses paralleling events to illustrate her frustrations towards her mother. Hanan, her younger sister, and her aunt Maryam quietly visit their separated mother; whom Hanan dearly misses "I had missed her and wished that she would come back…". Although, Maryam told Hanan to stick to the plan; to show no emotion in seeing her mother, yet, Hanan couldn't succeed because she felt the need to show compassion and affection to her mother.... [tags: Truth, Birth order, Sibling, Tabriz, Family]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- The Vacuum Cleaner Summary The vacuum cleaner is a household appliance that cleans by suction. It is generally used on a textured surface, such as carpet, and is pushed over the surface, sucking up dust and dirt as it goes. The suction is created by an air pump, a partial vacuum; it creates a difference in pressure between the inside of the machine and the outside air and dirt and dust is taken in to the lower pressure zone. Friction on the carpet causes the dust to be removed from the carpet, or other surface.... [tags: Technology Vacuum]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- “Face it. Nukes are the most climate-friendly industrial-scale form of energy” (Power, Reiss, Pearlstein, 655). This statement is what I’m trying to promote through my argument. It also ties Inconvenient Truths: 10 Green Heresies by Matt Powers, Spencer Reiss, and Jonanna Pearlstein and Nuclear Power is Best Energy Source: Potchef Stroom together by bring out the main point all authors are trying to get across. Global warming has been a big concern for years now and one of the biggest causes for it, is the burning of fossil fuels to get energy.... [tags: Nuclear power, Coal, Energy development]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction:- Civilization has brought tremendous changes in the life of human beings. All things are changing day by day through the efforts of scientific researches. Among these textiles are good example.. a dictionary definition of the noun 'textile' is a woven fabric and d defination of the verb 'to wave' is 'to make by crossing threads, strands, strips etc, above and below one another, as in a loom to form cloth'.(sheila landi1998,-10-11). Textile are remarkable and exist in many forms. they can be made from a wide range of fibers including: cotton , flax, wool, silk, acrylic and polyester.... [tags: carpet manufacturing techniques]
2744 words (7.8 pages)
- The Vacuum Cleaner: A History That Sucks Ehren Gerhard Mrs. Anderson English IV March 28th, 2004 In our past, we have always demonstrated an insatiable quest for cleanliness. For example, as early as 2300 BC twig brooms were being used to tidy up peoples cave dwellings. (Inventors) In the early 20th century, the United States was enveloped with the rise of the industrial revolution. Surprisingly, one close to home detail was yet to be improved: home sanitation.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
611 words (1.7 pages)