Acrylic paints have become so very popular since its introduction into the public market in the 1950’s. For hundreds of years, the artist had to contend with the peculiarities of their chosen medium. The watercolorist had to contend with paintings very easily damaged by moisture, and the oil painter had to wait an interminable amount of time for his painting to dry. Acrylic paint …………..
Acrylic, when thinned with water, becomes a watercolor paint that is permanent when dry. It offers a durability that traditional watercolor pigment could not provide.
For the traditional oil painter, this technology affords an odorless medium that dries quickly and can be easily applied in an impasto manner. Cleanup is an effortless soap and water rinse, with no need for mineral spirits or alcohol. For those pensive artists who chew on their brush ends, the flavor of the oil paint and thinner will be missed.
Color Choices And Packaging
Modern technology has made the phrase “every color in the rainbow” old-fashioned. Chemists are making colors available that would stagger the old masters. From impossible pinks and greens to metallic and iridescent, the color choices are incredible. It would take a very generous budget to purchase all the hues available.
There are several sizes and viscosities available. Paints can be purchased in tubes similar in size to oil or watercolor tubes. It is also offered in several sizes of jars and bottles.
Quality And Grade
Different grades of acrylic paint are available at a number of price points. Just as in other art mediums, there is a marked difference in quality between the high and low end.
Paint is all about the color and the intensity. Both the professional ...
... middle of paper ...
...n the Younger and has supplied artists since the 1930s. It is one of the largest manufacturers of professional art supplies and has an exceptional range of unique colors.
An artist should take from each manufacturer the colors and properties that suits him best for a particular project. It is common for an artist to use a number of brands of paint, and acrylic is no exception. The acrylic artist is often a chameleon, switching technique on a whim. Impasto one day and soft watercolor washes the next. Then perhaps use several techniques all on one painting.
There are occasions when the student or craft grade acrylic is suitable. However, a beginning artist should start with a basic set of professional colors, learn to mix those for a wider range of hues, and add additional colors as the budget and need allows. He should buy the best quality he can afford.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Best Buy, a 47 year old business, has faced countless challenges over the years. While Best Buy’s reputation has fluctuated, the company has presented several strategies to deal with these problems by creating plans to stabilize and promote growth. Through an in-depth analysis, the following areas were studied performance, environment, and organization. The analysis will assist in examining Best Buy’s strategies and core competences. The objective of this study is an understanding of the challenges and to figure out what makes the organization successful.... [tags: Best Buy Marketing Plan]
3162 words (9 pages)
- I’ve had to define and redefine my role while at Best Buy. After months of negotiations, I met with my CIO and she told me and my team to stop our approach on a project. It was a significant setback and I was responsible for telling everyone impacted, our two and half months of in-process work had to stop. During these times, I found that my network and relationships throughout my short time at Best Buy became pivotal, and being playful, experimenting, and discovering what happens when I act like a leader, would turn this failure into a success.... [tags: Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy, Best Buy]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- How it’s made Ingredients: Water, latex (for adhesion), titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate, potassium, zinc (for mildew resistance), and whatever additives that particular paint needs. · Water is pumped into a large mixing tank. Thickening and stabilizing agents are added to prevent the ingredients from settling to the bottom of the tank or can. · One at a time, all ingredients except for latex are mixed in. Each ingredient has a specific mixing time. This step is critical for quality. · This liquid is pumped to another large mixing tank that contains the latex.... [tags: environment, lead paint, oil paint]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Research on Best Buy Co. The roots of Best Buy Co., Inc. can be traced back to St. Paul, Minnesota. This is where founder Richard Schulze opened the doors of his Sound of Music store in 1966. Understanding a demand for consumer audio components and systems in the St. Paul area, Schulze managed to provide a combination of great prices and excellent service, thus building a strong customer base, which quickly prompted an expansion into home appliances and video products. The eighties prompted change as well as the opening of Best Buy’s first superstore.... [tags: Best Buy Business Management Electronics Essays]
3956 words (11.3 pages)
- Case Study of Best Buy, Inc. Best Buy’s History & Main Characters: Best Buy is Minneapolis-based and is North America's leading specialty retailer of consumer electronics, personal computers, entertainment software and appliances. Throughout Best Buy's 37-year history, the company has maintained the tradition of making life fun and easy for customers and employees, while providing a significant return to partners and investors. It has 80,000 employees and over 550 stores in the U.S., in addition to the brands Best Buy Canada, Future Shop and Magnolia Hi-Fi.... [tags: Case Study Best Buy Electronics Retail]
1394 words (4 pages)
- A major in Art and Design with a concentration in painting, most work consists of paintings. Paint goes on all kind of surfaces, mainly on canvas. The main type of paints used are oil and acrylic and many of the canvases are hand stretch. On most of the paintings, oil paint is used because it can paint in layers, which creates amazing artwork. Oil paint takes a long time to dry however, it creates luminous, hardwearing colors, blends well with surrounding paints, slower drying than watercolors which provided artists more time to work with creations and make changes ,can be left open for long periods of time and can also be exposed to air for several weeks without drying.... [tags: Oil painting, Painting, Paint, Acrylic paint]
2036 words (5.8 pages)
- Today, Best Buy advertises using a “Low Price Guarantee” (Best Buy, 2013). They will match prices on qualifying products if the consumer finds a lower price elsewhere (Best Buy, 2013). Best Buy claims to be the “world’s largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer with store in the U.S., Canada, China and Mexico” (Best Buy, 2013). That being said, they are the 10th largest online retailer in the U.S. and Canada (Best Buy, 2013). Their loyalty program, Best Buy Reward Zone, is ranked among the best of its kind (Best Buy, 2013).... [tags: Case Study]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction Relationship emarketing is one of the key elements in the business success. It is focused on creating stong ties with the existing customers based on the four types of bonds: financial bonds, social bonds, customization bonds and structural bonds (Robert Ackerman, 2007). Best Buy Co., Inc. is a great example that uses all four bonds in their emarketing strategies to maintain and build relationships with their customers. Best Buy Co., Inc. is a multi-channel global retailer, focused on delivering the technology solutions to people.... [tags: Marketing ]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Since the case was published, Best Buy has continued to be innovative and creative in building its relationships with its consumers. Per Best Buy’s website (2013), they have added a Windows store that allows customers to gain knowledge and test out Window devices. This shows their increased dedication to building the customer experience. Even with all the changes and dedication they have to their consumers, Best Buy has already closed the nine Best Buy stores that it set up in China (CNBC, 2011).... [tags: Business, Technology, Customer Service]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Best Buy was founded in 1966 by the current CEO Richard M. "Dick" Schulze. Based out of Eden Prairie, Minnesota the corporation currently has 446 stores and earned over 83 million in total revenue last year. Best Buy carries a wide variety of products consisting of Major Appliances, video and audio equipment, computers, software, music, and wireless technology. When analyzing this corporation it is important to pay close attention to its current and future services and products, any problems with the corporation, the future direction Best Buy is headed, what can be done for the corporation, and what it can do for you as a consumer or employee.... [tags: essays research papers]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult
- A Brief Moment in the Life of Angus Bethune, by Chris Crutcher and One Friday Morning, by Langston Hughes
- A Brief Moment in the Life of Angus Bethune, by Chris Crutcher and The Scarlet Ibis, by James Hurst
- Breakin’, directed by Joel Silburg
- Key Ingredients to Leading a Good Life
- Cry, The Beloved Country, by Alan Paton