To keep the body at optimum level, you need to take the necessary steps to maintain your health as well as prevent the onset of diseases. It is therefore important to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle—by eating nutritious food, doing daily exercise and using natural health products.
Maintaining your health with the use of herbal and natural remedies is the first step to support your well-being. Aside from promoting general health, with lesser possibilities of allergic reactions, these herbal and natural health products come with a slightly lower price tag than their pharmaceutical counterparts, thereby keeping your health at its best without hurting your budget.
What are natural health products?
Natural health products are supplements obtained from nature. These are made from various ingredients like vitamins and minerals as well as extracts taken from roots, leaves, seeds and flowers of different plants. These products are essential to the body because they help treat and prevent various ailments and conditions. Unlike chemical-based drugs, herbal and natural supplements are free from harmful radicals that can trigger side effects; hence, providing only the best and safest ingredients for the health of the body.
Benefits of Using Natural Health Products
Today people are becoming more aware of the advantages of using natural health products. Apart from it being a cost-efficient solution to maintain and attain healthier body, the products made from herbal and natural ingredients offer a myriad of benefits compared to those made from chemical and artificial ingredients. The followi...
... middle of paper ...
...can also cause a negative impact on the environment. The manufacturing of synthetic-based health products may release chemicals in the air and water, which can cause pollution and damage to the surroundings. On the other hand, natural health products are farmed and manufactured organically, so you can be sure that these products do not contribute to air and water pollution.
All-natural health products and nutritional supplements (e.g., glucosamine and fish oils) offer a safe, effective and cost-efficient solution to improve your well-being. If you've never tried using all-natural products, now is the time to “go green” with your daily health regimen. Once you compare the benefits of using natural medicine solutions to chemical-based products, you'll see why you would want to consider a natural approach to help you look good and feel great.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- With the significant increase of Americans using herbal supplements over the past years, the regulations of these products has become more vital. While new information has been discovered on many of these herbal supplements, their nutrition labels and regulations have not significantly changed since the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) became law in 1994. Over half of our population reportedly consumes herbal supplements on a regular basis (Burton). It is necessary that our nation, and the rest of the world, have up-to-date information on these products and their effects.... [tags: herbal products, dietary supplements, dshea]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Herbal Dietary Supplements Fit America Fit America touts itself as the very best and most practical 100% Natural system of weight loss that helps an individual lose weight without dieting. Fit America is a natural weight control that is composed of 13 herbs and minerals that supposedly "help suppress appetite, regulate the bowels and kidneys, and stimulates the metabolism so the body uses the foods consumed more efficiently." The Fit America program requires a high protein, low carbohydrate diet.... [tags: Diet Supplement Weight Loss Gain Research Paper]
2088 words (6 pages)
- Gingko Biloba Introduction We, as consumers, are always trying to find new products to buy in which to improve ourselves. In modern-day American culture, improving oneself has become synonymous with feeling younger and healthier. Gingko biloba extract is one of the popular herbal supplements being marketed to mainstream consumers as a "smart" and "anti-aging" drug (http://www.stevemorow.com/food.htm) which will work to help to increase their overall brain functioning in the normal population, as well as, those who suffer from mental impairment due to aging.... [tags: Herbal Supplements Papers]
3925 words (11.2 pages)
- INTRODUCTION People have been discussing if there are any negative effects of using supplements for fitness or bodybuilding for a very long time. Most people agree that if the supplement is of a good quality, it is OK to use them and they have little side effects (Bolger, 2013). In fact, some people even recommend using supplements because of such reasons: is very hard to find natural foods in this era, it impossible to take the nutrition from foods if the sportsman works too hard, and it provides fast and effective results.... [tags: Use of Supplements]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- 49% of surveyed adults from the ages of 31-50 say that they use food supplements on a regular basis (Dickinson, 19). Food supplements are being very commonly used to fill the gaps in a person’s diet. They are the unknown hero of modern day living, and most people don’t even know most people use them. Food supplements can benefit everyone in one way or another. Especially “With the popularity of fast and inexpensive processed food, many of us struggle to get all the nutrients we need out of our diets” (“Dietary Supplements: The Health Benefits of Pumping Up Your Diet” Par 1).... [tags: dietary supplements and vitamins]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Nearly 50 percent of American adults aged 18 and older who responded to the 2013 Gallup survey, took vitamin supplements regularly to maintain good health (Swift). Although there are many different areas to be considered when discussing "good health," a key component is getting the proper nutrients. The main purpose of taking vitamin supplements is to receive the nutrients that are not received through everyday food intake. There are many questions and concerns that surround the idea of vitamins and supplements.... [tags: Nutrition, Dietary supplement, Vitamin]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Many people believe that herbal products are safe since they are labeled as natural and are legally sold. However, some herbal supplements can cause health issues. Also, herbal products are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) like over-the-counter and prescription drugs. Products labeled as natural does not always mean safe when it comes to herbal supplements. Herbal Supplement Use According to the National Institute of Health, more than half of all Americans take dietary supplements on a daily basis or on occasion (NIH, 2013).... [tags: not always safe, health issues]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- When I decided to write the introduction of my book, my thoughts were what should I write. What would you, as a reader, like to know about how I came up with the idea to write my book. I was writing a short story about my childhood (in the south), before I started writing it, I was excited about recalling memories of it, which I had not thought about in over forty years. The Holy Ghost softly spoke to me within my mind, and told me to stop writing the short story. I was inspired to finish the book that I had started writing about alternative methods (herbal and food based supplements) that have helped me with some of my health problems.... [tags: Alternative medicine, Herbalism, Medicine]
1048 words (3 pages)
- The four billion a year supplement industry sells steroid supplements and herbal speed to millions of teenage boys and girls. There are many types of supplements; among the most popular are Creatine, Andro (androstenedione), and ephedrine. All of these supplements are legal but are they safe. In this paper I will explore why the FDA has failed to put stronger regulations on these supplements, what they are and what they do, who endorses them, and were and how you can purchase these potentially harmful supplements; with the help from Jay McMahan and his expertise as a personal trainer and user of these herbal supplements.... [tags: essays research papers]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Health claims are booming in today’s world. Many of these consumers are being misled by advertising and believe that their choice will benefit their health. Although herbal medicines have been in existence throughout human evolution, I have chosen to take a deeper look into these health practices. I’m curious if this is just another health claim or if there are actual benefits to taking these medicines. Herbal medicines are sold in different ways from tablets, teas, extracts, capsules, powders, and fresh or dried plants.... [tags: Pharmacology, Medicine]
734 words (2.1 pages)