The Benefits of studying abroad
ELS language center/Cincinnati
Studying abroad is one of many options that some student may choose to take, but others fear to take it due to the fact that it is a new experience and the fear of the unknown is a part of the human nature, it can be a tough journey, which makes it hard for the students to take a decision. On the other hand, studying abroad could be a perfect choice because it can provide the students a sense of adventure, and a new way of seeing things in life, there are many people who maintain that studying abroad is not the right choice for students because it is expensive and not all students can provide the money, which is a really big obstacle for students who truly wants to study abroad, but they don 't have the money to do so, and the expenses could be built upon the major or the country or the city; therefore, there are many factors that can affect the expenses of studying abroad. (Maria Abroad, 2016). The other factor that prevents students from studying abroad is that it makes students live in a brand new environment that not all student can handle, culture shock for instance, has a really huge impact on students, some can handle it with an open mind, others can 't, as a result many students intend to return back to their own countries. However, there are many people who believe that studying abroad can be beneficial for students in many different ways. Studying abroad is a plausible excellent choice for students, it has many benefits that reflect positively on students such as seeing the world differently, learning how to be independent, and having better education.
Seeing the w...
... middle of paper ...
...reflect positively on our students and makes them open minded about being in whole different culture and tradition that they are not used to.The other important benefit is the education, while you study in America for example, students could find many majors that doesn 't exist in their home country, not only that but also studying in a new environment that has better education quality in which students can contribute their input easily. Studying abroad is a plausible excellent choice for students, it has many benefits that affect positively on students such as seeing the world differently, learning how to be independent, and having better education.
Governments should consider studying abroad as a reliable source of education, it will build a strong bridge with each culture, and we can share our knowledge without any barriers, this will be beneficial for all of us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the US, the number of university students who study abroad increased dynamically. 154,168 American college students studied abroad from 2000 to 2001 compared to 48,483 students from 1985 to 1986 (Rooney 4). University students tend to study abroad much more than before. “The university has tried to track the changing interests of its students and the increasingly global nature of its curriculum by setting up programs in countries that did not attract as much interest a generation ago”(Rooney 2).... [tags: Foreign Education College Essays]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Studying abroad is or will be the greatest for experience for any students but some people might not consider it this way. Studying abroad is not good in some people’s point of view. Now you will think why it is not consider good in some people’s point of view. Well, there are many reasons why some people don’t consider studying abroad. Many students want to study abroad but because of some common and basic road blocks they can’t. If you conduct a survey in which you ask students about the benefits and road blocks of studying abroad you will find some of the common road blocks why students are not considering studying abroad, and some of them are, financial issues, Language, Cultural, and be... [tags: financial, issues, language, benefits, culture]
570 words (1.6 pages)
- 1. Motivations and Benefits (*) What motivates you not just to travel abroad, but to study abroad. Give specific examples of the academic, professional, and personal benefits that you expect to receive from studying abroad. Response should be no longer than 500 words. I’m motivated to travel abroad because I believe it is one of the best ways to learn. I wanted to experience things I haven’t been able to while growing up in a suburb in Minnesota. My goals with travel are to see as many of the world’s landscapes & cultures as possible.... [tags: Culture, Travel, Spanish language, Study abroad]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- Imagine walking onto a plane and travelling 3,000 miles across the ocean to spend the first semester of your college career in a completely different place than you’ve lived your entire life. Well, that was something that I personally experienced about two years ago. I got accepted to Arcadia University, and into their “FYSAE” (First Year Study Abroad Experience) Program. It was probably the most exciting, yet nerve-wracking thing that I had ever done in my life. I got on a plane and went to the UK for a full four months as a new freshman in college.... [tags: global perspective, education]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- There are many arguments for and against studying abroad. Studying abroad is a program in which students attend a school outside the United States and receive academic credit towards their major (New Mexico State University). Some even call it “partying abroad” because it’s a “waste of money and time”. But studying in another country for a year or even a semester can be very beneficial. You can gain perspective of global issues, advance your language skills, learn research methods and ethics, form valuable connections and grow as a person (Benefits of Studying Abroad).... [tags: education, language barriers]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- In the US, the number of university students who study abroad increased dynamically. 154,168 American college students studied abroad from 2000 to 2001 compared to 48,483 students from 1985 to 1986 (Rooney 4). The more students study abroad, the more organizations have to work flexible. “The university has tried to track the changing interests of its students and the increasingly global nature of its curriculum by setting up programs in countries that did not attract as much interest a generation ago”(Rooney 2).... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
2333 words (6.7 pages)
- Want to widen the mind and experience the world at the same time. Studying abroad does just that. It’s a life time opportunity for students “…to discover new strengths and abilities, conquer new challenges, and solve new problems” (“10 Reasons…”). There are many benefits to studying abroad. While studying abroad, students are more apt towards personal growth. “People who return from study abroad programs often see it as an experience which matured them personally and intellectually” (“Study Abroad Student Guide”).... [tags: college, study abroad]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- 0. Studying Language Abroad Being exposed to a different culture is a great way to learn a certain foreign language. This is why many students are encouraged to study abroad rather than stay in their countries to when it comes to linguistic education. Staying in their classrooms and being supplied with limited amount of information can be rather dull for a student. However, he is bound for an unrestricted learning experience when given the chance to study abroad. The student will benefit in learning English more by going to an English school in USA.... [tags: Language]
3221 words (9.2 pages)
- “I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.” ― Ani DiFranco. I have been living away from family since the age of 16. The farther away I have been from home, the greater cultural diversity I have experienced. At the age of 16, I left my hometown in India to study in another state in the country. I spent two years studying in an international residential high school. After graduating from high school, I left the country to study in the United States.... [tags: United Kingdom, United States, Culture]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Studying Abroad The phrase study abroad means a persons intent to gain knowledge outside of the confines of their country. Studying abroad is an effective way to fulfill requirements for your college degree and travel the world while experiencing new cultures at the same time There are many various aspects of studying abroad. You must be prepared: It is fun and exciting, but you must be cautious of the dangers. Many students choose to study abroad because of the potential benefits. Some students want to learn a second language and believe that it would be worth while and more interesting for them to learn it in the native country.... [tags: School Education Essays]
1527 words (4.4 pages)