Dr. Boba Samuels
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Often the only time many families will rent a car is for travelling purposes. Even those who own expensive cars may find that renting a car is a better option for them. There are several reasons people rent a car for example, when going on a vacation, people prefer renting a car so they do not have to rely on public transportation. As well, for special occasions such as reunions, high school graduations, and anniversaries it is nice to rent a luxurious car or limo. Likewise, if you are moving furniture into a new house, renting a truck may cost less than paying for the delivery charges. Car rental companies such as Avis, Enterprise and National use commercials to demonstrate how their services are beneficial to the public and attract customers. Commercials are specifically designed to make the viewer attracted to purchasing their product. I believe that some advertisements are very persuasive and effective at creating desire for their rental cars. This essay will mainly focus on the comparison between Avis commercials and other car rental companies.
Avis commercials tend to attract people through their emotions as their intention is to advance its corporate fortunes through these commercials. From the three commercials that Stanley Fish described, they make their viewers feel affectionate and sympathetic towards the main character of the clip. In the first clip called “Look Back”, Stanley Fish explains how a man gets out of his car in a rainy parking lot with a voice-over of the car’s perspective as its owner is going away with Avis. The man harshly kicks the door, leaving his coffee on the roof of the car and begins to walk away. The car starts to...
... middle of paper ...
...his company uses their company’s mission as there method of persuading and attracting others. By stating that they allow the consumer to have full control, they are establishing the customer’s rights and benefits.
The National Company effectively uses diction through the choice of words to convey an effect to the viewer. The main character in the commercial constantly repeats the idea of being the boss of yourself and being able to control everything. With the constant reminder that you can be the boss of yourself, viewers can be attracted to the idea of being able to have choices and to control what they desire. In comparison to the Avis commercial, Enterprise repeatedly emphasizes a point rather than capturing the attention of the public through their senses. Enterprise
Although all the car commercials use a variety of techniques in order to persuade the public,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- All around the world people always wonder and try to figure out if it 's better to own property or to rent it. There are many people that prefer renting, because you do not have to pay a mortgage. According to this website, you have more fixed costs for the term of the lease (Our Family Place1). There is generally less work in maintaining a home. You have a smaller amount for down payment. If you like the area you are staying at sometimes the home will become available to buy. Then there are people who prefer owning property, because these people tend to in joy the feeling of ownership without a limit of time.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Taxation, Tax]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Soundness Analysis • Suitability: Hertz has several potential opportunities and threats that it can face as a car rental company. Some of the opportunities include growth through strategic acquisitions. For instance, Hertz acquired Advantage Rent a Car in 2009 and Dollar Thrifty in 2012. With their Hertz brand, Hertz can target business travelers and upscale leisure travelers while also targeting cost-conscious leisure travelers with their Dollar Thrifty brand (IBISWorld, 2014). Hertz also acquired the remaining 35% stake in Navigation Solutions, which is the operational arm of Hertz 's NeverLost customized, in car GPS system, allowing them to add a GPS system into every car they own (Compan... [tags: Car rental, Car rental companies, Carsharing]
1394 words (4 pages)
- Automobile dependency became a huge issue in the United Stated. People conduct most of their commute on private vehicles. This presented us with problems in economics, social aspects, and environment. Traffic congestion caused by overcapacity amount of cars on roads provides losses in productivity time, decrease mobility, and increase in energy consumption. In terms of social aspect, drive alone and spend more time by themselves in a car, not all people can afford owning a car. Majority of CO2, greenhouse gas, comes from fossil fuel combustion, and major source of it are private vehicles.... [tags: automobile dependency, car ownership tendencies]
1879 words (5.4 pages)
- Being a renter does have some advantages. No mortgage payments, no property taxes, and the landlord takes care of any maintenance and repair costs. However, renting your home does have one major drawback: You are spending money on rent without gaining any equity of the property. Many renters want to own their home, but struggle to find the cash needed to make a down payment on a property. In fact, a recent survey conducted by the personal finance website GoBankingRates.com showed that a fifth of adults in the U.S.... [tags: Payment, Money, Credit card, Renting]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Make up to $30000, possibly more renting out your RV How can you rent your Rv and make between $10,000 and $30,000 a year. It may have been a dream for years. Getting out onto the open road in your own RV and traversing the American landscape. It’s a big dream and a big purchase to buy an RV. And, unless, your lifestyle or retirement keeps you on the move all day every day, that special vessel could be sitting collecting dust when you could be collecting dollars. We’re talking about renting your RV to earn extra income while you’re not using it.... [tags: Renting, Property, Rental agreement, Leasing]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- What are the benefits of renting compared to buying. For my college teammates that are renting a house are the smartest economical option for them. Renting and buying a house as a lot of variables that play into it. For example, your age, finical situation, location and the lifestyle that you choose to live. For my teammates renting a house with multiple members of the house is perfect. They all can equally split the rent and it 's a block away from the college. It may not be as perfect as it seems.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Renting]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- There are many people who are unable to decide whether they should buy or rent a home. Both renting and buying a home have their benefits, therefore it is important that you compare the benefits and drawback of buying and renting a home. Renting a home is usually cheaper than buying a home. When you rent a property, you don 't have to pay your monthly mortgage dues and you don 't incur expenses on repairing the appliances and home. However, the rent that you pay could increase from time to time.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Renting, Apartment]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapter Two: Selecting a Venue You’ve selected your date, now what’s next. The venue of course, it’s the next largest decision you’ll make in planning your wedding. Choosing a wedding venue can be tricky, especially if you’re working on a budget. However, here are some ideas that will assist you with a selection. In this chapter, you will learn: • The benefits of indoor vs. outdoor weddings • Whether or not a destination wedding is right for you • What the reasons are for selecting certain venues Indoor vs.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, English-language films, Want]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- When you go on holiday it is good to hire a rental car. Rental car insurance should be included with the hire of the vehicle. It is far better not to take your own vehicle on holiday with you because of the risks of it getting stolen or damaged. Also when you go abroad, certain Countries do not allow you to drive on the same side of the road that you are used to. Therefore, renting a car is a viable option. When you are taking the family on holiday, then it is important to make sure you have a comfortable way of travelling.... [tags: How-To Paper]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- Most people around the world want to live the “American Dream” by owning a home, however; renting may be an alternative option. Homeownership may not be for everyone, but is renting really the answer. Does it mean that if someone does not own a home, they are not living the dream. Perhaps the answers come after laying all the cards out on the table. Owning a home and renting both offer people a sense of accomplishment, but things such as financial costs, long-term investments, and freedom play a major role in the decision to rent or buy.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Renting, Rental agreement]
1360 words (3.9 pages)