Online education, especially online universities has numerous advantages, which enable them to easily substitute traditional education. One of the greatest reasons why people choose online degrees is flexibility of courses. As an online student, you do not depend on time schedule more. Moreover, who have less free time b...
... middle of paper ...
... made assumptions based on generalizations. My survey possesses some limitations too. There are only 50 people asked by questionnaire, it is hard to rely on this kind of data. I would seriously enlarge my data next time. Age and specialization of asked people varies from teens to adults and from scholarly experts to students of schools. I have asked 7 specialists on education field, though I feel it isn’t enough. Another research method – Google search is not perfect. In some cases, it has shown me ads banners, but not a source. However, it is more useful than other search tools. In conclusion, my personal perspective about online universities has changed. I thought Online Universities have no chances to become real educational center. Despite this, during my work I have understood that, if few things will be changed, they can even surpass traditional universities.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There has always been a conflict on whether or not online universities are a legitimate form of an education. From its unconventional style to internet scams nowadays, it is clear why people feel a sort of skepticism when online universities come to mind. There are over 200 online universities on the World Wide Web, but how can it truly be discovered whether or not these online institutions offer viable forms of education. I will attempt to draw a conclusion to this question by the end of this research paper.... [tags: Higher Education, college, internet ]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- Many people think online education can be more expensive than a traditional school setting. Previous generations did not have the option for online learning experience, so why should we start now. An interesting point about online education is that LeBaron (2010) states, “The largest school in the U.S. is the University of Phoenix Online, with a whopping 380,232 students. That’s over 5x more than the largest public school, Arizona State University, which has 68,064 students” (para. 7). Despite the cost effectiveness, distance education is becoming the educational model of the future.... [tags: university of phoenix online, online classes]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- People have a lot of options in educating themselves online in today’s time and technology. Online education has improved a lot in the past twenty years. Even though it has had its setbacks, it continues to show promising results. Online education has many benefits with little to no disadvantages. It provides flexibility in scheduling and offers various options in educational online programs. In the past decade, education has evolved into a more technological-driven world. In today’s technological advancements, people have various options to educating themselves online.... [tags: Education, History of education, Higher education]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Online Education Is Packed with Benefits Every year, more and more students are enrolling in college. Among those students who enroll, there are some fresh out of high school and may still be getting support from their parents. At the same time, there are students who have to work full-time jobs to support themselves and even pay for college. There are also adults that sign up for college that may already have a family with kids that also have to work a full time job to support their family and pay for college at the same time.... [tags: Virtual learning environment, E-learning]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- In the 21st century the world has witnessed a huge change due to the power of technology. At one time it was necessary to physically attend class to gain a higher education. However now the development of computers and other machines have changed the face of higher education, as people know it. Online education has a number of benefits for students such as low cost, convince as well as flexibility that traditional universities do not offer. Fires, it is obvious that online schools are a good opportunity to attend in school with lower cost.... [tags: traditional schools, technology]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- John is a freshman at college. John has gone to a college many miles from his home, so he knew from his home town is at his university. In order for John to have a social life in college, he must go out and meet new people. However, instead of going out and meeting people or even meeting people in his classes, John is in his dorm by himself. Why. John is taking his freshman English and math classes online. Online education is something that more and more colleges and students are turning to offering and taking classes online.... [tags: E-learning, Virtual learning environment]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- At some point in time, there will be students who are going to attend college for the first time to get an academic degree, and it is considered as one of the most important decisions they made in their lives. It is up to the decision of the students whether they should get it by enrolling on a traditional course, or by enrolling in online courses that are available on the Internet. The problem is that no one really knows which of the two options is better; online classes cost less and provides flexibility to students while traditional courses; on the other hand, is more about social interactions and studying with others.... [tags: Education, University, History of education]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Online education is an alternative way of study that has been setting ground steadily among students. Also known as e-learning or distance education, it is a style of learning in which the student is not required to physically sit in a classroom. As a matter of fact, online students have the word as their classroom and the freedom to access the course materials at will because of the flexibility e-learning provides (Bowen, Chingos, Lack & Nygren, 2013). The office of Educational Technology of the US Department of Education reports that online learning offers a potential for educational productivity (Bakia, Shear, Tomaya & Lasseter, 2012).... [tags: alternative, study, elearning, productivity]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Breaking news just in, it has been confirmed that “in support of creating standards for online learning, the U.S. Department of Education [will be] providing 1.8 million dollars to the National Center for Accessible Media” (Bricout 4). This seems to be an appropriate announcement that could have been made on any news channel back in 2001. As most do not realize, the internet and education have been linked together extensively for a period of time. In fact, online classes have already assumed a role in college bound student’s lives.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- When considering the benefits of online classes, there are two important categories to consider. One category is that of the fresh from high school student and the second category is that of the working world future student. The fresh from high school student will be on his or her own for the very first time, without a parent’s guidance. The working world future student has a job and is living in an apartment or house and successfully manages his or her time for work. If the working world future student has children, how will he or she manage his or her time with juggling work and transporting himself or herself to college to attend classes.... [tags: Higher education, College, High school]
720 words (2.1 pages)