Professional Nursing Organizations
Professional nursing organizations have many benefits for their members, including; continued education and leadership opportunities, networking, mentor programs, and most importantly, professional nursing organizations advocate for their members (Haley-Andrews, 2001). It is not unusual for new graduates to find a mentor in a professional organization (Haley-Andrews, 2001). Mentoring is a mutual relationship that will develop new skills and knowledge for a novice nurse and also provides professional and leadership development for an expert nurse (Haley-Andrews, 2001). Other educational and leadership opportunities offered through a professional organization include participation in research, writing articles for the organization’s journal, and running for an executive position in the organization (Frank, 2005).
Networking is important in a profession that is constantly evolving. Nurses are able to work with other nurses to solve issues that may affect healthcare in a particular area (Frank, 2005). Networking also provides shari...
... middle of paper ...
...vity. Hennigan (personal communication, September 9, 2014) also states that joining the expansion would impact patients’ health positively through the promotion of preventative health measures.
For these reasons, the GKAAPRN members and group executives are working to influence legislature to vote for the Medicaid Expansion in Tennessee. T. Bland (personal communication, September 9, 2014) states that GKAARPN is advocating for East Tennessee by writing letters to Governor Haslam and constantly educating the public. This new organization shows promise to grow because members and executives follow the mission by advocating for APRNs and patients in East Tennessee.
As a member of a professional nursing organization, one could expect to see a positive influence on personal and professional growth which would then improve their nursing practice (Frank, 2005).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Attending a professional organizations conference is beneficial for an individual to grow and further their personal development and professionalism. Professional associations offer their members numerous opportunities to attend conferences, workshops, or educational sessions, either local or out of state. Benefits of these resources include networking with fellow likeminded individuals, and building relationships. These opportunities expose members to gain additional insight and knowledge in the realm of higher education.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Professional association]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- In today’s society it is not always what you know, but who you know. It is never a bad idea to join a professional organization and or association. The key is to find the right one for you and your needs. According to ask.com, “A professional organization is formed to disseminate information and unite people who share the same occupation or common interests.” Professional Organizations can also be classified as any social arrangement that has the same aims, aspirations, and goals. A professional organization on the other hand, is usually a non-profit group that helps further awareness and goals of a specific profession according to dpi.state.nc.us.... [tags: Professional Organizations]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction There are many advantages in being involved in a nursing organization. It is a way to stay connected to your profession and have a feeling of belonging, and having support from others with the same interests. Nursing organizations also offers continuing education training, as well as information about new trends and goings on in your profession. This is a great way to enhance one's personal and professional development (Cardillo, nd). One organization that prides itself in doing these things is the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).... [tags: patients, trauma, leaders]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Incorporating what you learned about Greek Letter Organizations write an essay that addresses your personal opinion about these organizations. Would you ever consider joining a Greek Letter organization. Why or why not. Take out the prompt Where does this quote begin. Greek Letter Organizations were formed to help blacks survive and remain strong in the face of adversity during the Civil War. Black college students joined together, forming sisterhoods and brotherhoods that kept them going” (McLean, n.... [tags: stepping, benefits, adversity, blacks]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- ITECH5500 Professional Research and Communication Assignment #1 By: -Salman Mohammed Student Id:-30304792 Tutor: - Mr.MazherHussain Content: Page no: Introduction: • Career in Apple: 03 Identification of Communication styles/ skills and effectiveness : • Communication styles • Appropriate interpretation of key messages 04 Critical Review: • Strength and Weakness: • Verbal and non-verbal: 05 Conclusion: 06 References: 06 Introduction: In the wake of proceeding onward from Auburn University, Cook put in 12 years in IBM 's PC business, in the end serving as the head of North American Fulfillment.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, Vice president, IPhone]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Cultural Assessment of the United States Army Human Relations and Organizational Behavior Be all you can be. An Army of one. These two phrases are recognized by almost everyone. The United States Army is one of three military departments (Army, Navy and Air Force) that make up the Department of Defense. The organization holds a strong set of core values. Each soldier is also required to instill that same set of values and beliefs. The Seven Core Army Values define what being a soldier is about.... [tags: Military]
1853 words (5.3 pages)
- Mandating Nurse-Patient Ratios Research has suggested that lowering the nurse-patient ratio will: o Allow more time per patient day, which leads to lower mortality for patients with acute myocardial infarction (Aiken, Cimiotti, Clarke, Flynn, Seago, Sloane, Smith, & Spetz, 2010). o Help lower the percentage of nurses burning out as a consequence of having an increased workload (Aiken et. al, 2010). o Decrease the chances of nurses reporting their work environment quality as fair or poor, because of being overwhelmed by increased patient load (Aiken et.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Legislature, Voting]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- Professional Organisations Having an understanding of professional organisations can help a manager effectively manage dire situations or reactions from staff. As Shell (2003) explained professionals are a different group of people, they are experts in their own field giving them expert power and therefore must be managed differently. Professionals are highly autonomous therefore they expect a high degree of control and the freedom to exercise their independent professional judgements. They act to serve their own primary interest, and not necessary the organisation’s.... [tags: Management, Organization, Organizational studies]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Nursing organizations can offer a lot of resources and opportunities no matter what stage you are in your nursing career. They foster a sense of community among nurses and can further your nursing career in many ways. As a nurse, you recognize the value of belonging to a nursing organization. But there are so many to choose from and because of your personal budget crunch you just want to join a few that are most relevant for your needs. School and State Nurses Association In nursing school, you need to sign up for membership in your school's student nurses association.... [tags: Nursing Organizations, National, State]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Organization: Principals of Organization for the Technical Professional Organization is a broad topic that can be broken down in to several different sub categories. When we think of organization, we think of tidy shelves with individual labeled bins for all of our knick knacks, books and magazines or a closet full of neatly folded clothing and shoes meticulously arranged by color, function and style.... [tags: Organization Management]
1588 words (4.5 pages)