Fill in a change management form for yourself only Write down what change you would like to make on the top of your form and list the advantages and disadvantages of changing and not changing. (20 marks)
If I were to make a change to myself, I would encourage myself to give up gaming. This would including video game consoles such as PS4 or Xbox and PC games as well.
Change Management Form
Giving up video games
• Better moods/emotions throughout the day. If things are not “going your way” whilst engaging in the game then you’re more likely to create a bad vibe with the people around you.
• Giving up gaming can be a guide to becoming more productive in the day. There is more time to become more social with friends or having more time to complete university work.
• It can have an effect towards improving my health. By quitting video games I tend to avoid slouching and also giving up means I can lose weight because whilst you’re playing video games you aren’t engaging in any activity.
• Spending less money. Video games require membership fees so I won’t have to pay for that or any games so you save less money. Risks
• There’s a possibility that I can experience withdrawal symptoms such as irritability or depressions.
• Worst case scenarios might have to lead to medication having to be taken which may not be safe for me.
• The feeling or “excitement” you would get whilst gaming wouldn’t occur anymore which can be a way of stress relief.
• There’s a possibility of losing the social connection that is made from gaming. When I stop gaming, it’s the equiv...
... middle of paper ...
...ts who are struggling or may benefit more from high repetition questions would not benefit from this.
• This could lead to poorer marks from
Change Management Form (Module Leader)
More tutorial sheets/questions
• This could be a way of keeping a class busy with marginal effort by the teacher.
• More students will grasp the concept better hence better grades.
• More time would have to be spent trying to come up with the additional questions
• More time having to be spent grading each students work
No additional tutorial sheets/questions
(No Change) Mermaids
• More time can be designated elsewhere such as preparing for the next lecture etc...
• Students may attempt questions at home but still not grasp the concept hence more students may come at inconvenient times asking for help from the teacher
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Crooks 1 Studies show that video games can in fact, be beneficial to you. Many times when you hear people talk about video games, it is usually talking about how they ruin people’s minds. While there is little evidence to back up those claims, on the other hand, there is also evidence defending it. Video games can have many social, educational, and/or cognitive benefits. Not all video games are rated violent, such as the Call of Duty, Mortal Kombat, or Battlefield. Instead there are games that are considered prosocial games and are rated E for everyone.... [tags: Violence, Benefits, Gaming, Technology]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- The positive impacts of video gaming online are listed on the online services section so these are some of the consequences that can happen to someone socially when playing too much. “Some of the physical consequences of video game addiction can lead to social consequences as well. For instance, an addicted gamer who loses sleep because he's playing so much simply doesn't have the energy to invest in relationships. Lack of sleep may also make him irritable and difficult to be around. The lack of social interaction that results from obsessive gaming can have long-term social consequences.... [tags: social awkwardness, issolation, addiction]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- According to Congress, Indian Gaming Regulation Act (IGRA) was created in 1988 as a way of helping tribes from falling below the poverty level. The goal of IGRA is to use gaming as a mean of “[promoting] tribal economic development, self-sufficiency, and strong tribal government,” while ensuring that gaming is conducted fairly and honestly. Since its establishment, hundreds of tribes are able to negotiate an agreement with the governments to operate casinos on reservation lands (“Gaming Tax Law and Bank Secrecy Act Issues for Indian Tribal Government”).... [tags: Social Policy, native americans]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Imagine a world that allows people to become someone else for a moment. This virtual world is undiscovered by many people and is competing with each other. They are not afraid of others judging them. They can express their feelings anonymously without fear. This world is filled with people who, in the real world, would usually be quiet and reserved, but in this world emerge as leaders. This virtual world is accessible to everyone, but only used by a few. These few people who make up this virtual world are called gamers.... [tags: Gaming]
2506 words (7.2 pages)
- 2 Background 2.1 Industry The online games market - whilst known by the industry as in its infancy  - should surpass $15 Billion this year and sales of virtual goods likely to exceed $1 Billion . This very profitable young market can be debated as the future of gaming . With the cost of Broadband technology going down and online services offering a larger amount of micro-transactions and subscription based games – not to mention virtual goods – it would be hard to resist by any gamer. For example it was reported within 5 days of MODERN WARFARE 2 (MW2) being released it had made $550 million in revenue and an online player base of 8 million, an “army” bigger than real world countries... [tags: Gaming]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- This post started because my friend Jesse Phillips tweeted an intriguing thought, he said, "I'm sorry, tithing to support a building & paid staff simply is not Biblically mandated. Otherwise Paul, Peter & Jesus were way off." I would have to say that Jesse is 100% correct. This speaks to a bigger issue of the separation of the law and what Jesus brought when He came to earth. In my studies of tithing, I wanted to prove that it was Biblical because so many churches have taught that you should give 10%, every week, without fail.... [tags: Giving]
684 words (2 pages)
- Desire can be a very powerful emotion for humans in this world. For humans there is only one rule, we get what we want because it is in our nature--our desire. In the Writers Presence, Will Right and Marie Winn describe their perspectives on gaming and watching TV. One has a good point of view, while the other argues about its downfall. People want more and more and cannot stop. But what if something we want or already have can be changed from good to bad. What if this desire we have inside turns into a force which controls the way we feel about ourselves in a whole new way.... [tags: gaming, addictions,]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- The term “gamer” tends to be synonymous with “geek” in many people’s minds. They see gaming as a device that absorbs the majority of the time of the user, leaving them as mindless empty, pale husks with no ambitions other than beating that next boss or shooting the enemy in the face. However, few gamers waste their life away. On the contrary, many of these so-called geeks tend to be more social than the average person, and farther down the technological curve than most. For the truth is that gaming is a rather useful and beneficial hobby.... [tags: Gaming ]
1053 words (3 pages)
- Throughout time, technological tools have been created and improved for the well-being of humans. From the discovery of fire to having robots educate children, all inventions influence and impact the way we live in a society. Another instrument which will soon remodel the gaming industry and our lifestyle is the Oculus Rift. According to Chacos, Edge-Salois, Hamdan, Luckerson and Trivedi, there is research to prove that the Oculus Rift is a device that will revolutionize the gaming industry and the real world.... [tags: Technological Tools, Advancements, Gaming Industry]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- In the past few decades there has been debate over the positive and negative affects of video games with a good deal of focus on more violent games. Prior to and concurrently with this debate, there have also been similar debates over radio, television, and movies but, as should be obvious from the current breadth of media, no studies have definitively proven any negative affects. The detractors of video games claim, based on media effects research, that people who play video games with any sort of violence in them have heightened antisocial and decreased prosocial tendencies afterwards; this is the assumed cause of certain acts of violence including the majority of school shootings.... [tags: Benefits Video Games 2014]
1310 words (3.7 pages)