A woman enters the grocery to do her weekly shopping. Her name is Alice and she lives with her husband and 2 children. She turns to the produce section and is checking the prices on fruit. Upon arriving at the store, she picks up one apple that is $1.39 a pound and then another apple that is $2.39. There were no differences between the apples. They were both red, medium sized and shinny. So she was thinking about why one was a dollar more than the other, she looked at one of the labels and it said 100% organic. There were no noticeable differences between them so Alice put down the organic apple and bought the non-organic ones.
Most people are like women in the scenario, they look at the price difference of organic products, instead of researching the benefits. There are many benefits to eating organic food and most people are unaware of them. Some benefits are the labels displaying nutritional information, the lack of chemicals and hormones. The reduced amount of biological contaminates in organic food is also an advantage. There are disadvantages about eating organically which include, the cost, the amount of food produced on an organic farm. The main argument consumers have against buying organic food is the cost but there are alternate ways to reduce the costs.
Organic food is the process it takes to cultivate the produce. Organic farmers do not use pesticides or chemicals to grow their produce, but use natural pesticides. Crop rotation and mulch and also used to limit the amount of weeds. There are strict guidelines a farm needs to meet in order to be certified as organic (Mayo Clinic, 2015). Single organic food have a seal and say 100% organic on the label. A label that simply ...
... middle of paper ...
...tweighs the inflated costs.
Although eating organically is more expensive and there a few health risks, the health benefits balance out the disadvantages. The benefits of organic farming are important to the environment. Organic food is the way the farmer grows the crops. Organic farming have USDA regulation that they have to meet and they are other labels for organic farming. There are many health benefits including the reduce risk of hormones and sex steroids. There are also a decrease in the use of antibiotics and chemical contaminates. The decrease in biological contaminates like E. coli and manure are also advantages. The disadvantages include the costs and the small amount of food produced. Buying organically food has many health benefits and it benefits the environment. Buying some food organically would be nutritionally beneficial to Alice and her family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- China Enters The World Trade Organisation China has swiftly turned into a world organizer in trade and will merely develop in significance to the global economy. These particulars are established with China's up to date economic statistics raising more than 9% per year and economists' projections of the nation's upcoming China will double its gross domestic product of the year 2000 in the year 2010. The way the Chinese government attained these remarkable economic statistics are during a restoration of Chinese trade strategies.... [tags: economy, exports, market]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- I will be writing in my book report on Food Inc about how the food industry is not really telling us what is in our food and how we don’t know much about the food we buy and eat. I was in shock because I try to avoid eating junk food or fast food, and after reading the book I realize I could still be eating junk food, if I don’t learn more about what I am buying. I will be writing about how the food industry can get away with murder and not have to pay for it. Also on how the government is not regulating them as they should.... [tags: Literature Review]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." -- Albert Einstein Volunteering personal time to a cause, service, or other person can be very rewarding for various reasons, and in various ways. These reasons can be specific to the volunteer task, whether the person was recruited for the work or if they found it themselves, life stage of the volunteer, or even the motivation behind donating time. Although research has proved that volunteering affects each individual differently, it has also proved that the affects are typically positive.... [tags: Benefits of Volunteer Work]
2452 words (7 pages)
- Crooks 1 Studies show that video games can in fact, be beneficial to you. Many times when you hear people talk about video games, it is usually talking about how they ruin people’s minds. While there is little evidence to back up those claims, on the other hand, there is also evidence defending it. Video games can have many social, educational, and/or cognitive benefits. Not all video games are rated violent, such as the Call of Duty, Mortal Kombat, or Battlefield. Instead there are games that are considered prosocial games and are rated E for everyone.... [tags: Violence, Benefits, Gaming, Technology]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Knowing the specifics about organic foods will help a person determine whether they would prefer to eat organically or non-organically. The term ‘organic’ is a label that indicates that the food has been produced through the appropriate approval methods (“Organic Standards”). There are certain requirements that must be met by the USDA-accredited certifying agent. This certifying agent approves these requirements before the food can be labeled as an organic food. Organic operations must protect natural resources, save biodiversity, and use only the approved substances.... [tags: Organic food, Organic farming]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- As an individual enters into recovery from active addiction, everything that they will be exposed to is a brand new experience. The clients thinking, emotions, and contact with old people, places, and things that they used to participate in will all be fresh and different. These actually possess the possibility of placing a client in a high-risk situation. High-risk situations can vary from client to client, including a relationship between the high-risk behavior and relapse behavior, and when a client is more likely to experience a relapse in their recovery.... [tags: Alcoholism, Addiction, Man, Masculinity]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Article 13 – NYX Gaming Group enters the live casino fray NYX Gaming Group has been around for some time, building up a true reputation for quality. Through an ever-expanding game selection, NYX Gaming has been able to become a top performer and one that is spoken highly of on various casino portals. In looking to keep the pace with their competitors, it seems NYX Gaming has made moves to add a new selection of games to their catalogue. Live casino gaming is now on its way to NYX OGS, as a brand new agreement with Extreme Live has been signed.... [tags: Casino, Slot machine, Casino game, Casinos]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- The target market would be women who require the essential night cream in order to stay looking young. In today 's world women crave the idea of looking young for a longer period of time. The idea of this ad is for women to see a beautiful woman with amazing looking skin and aspire to look like her. The Aveeno Active Naturals ad recognizes different aged women who want to stay looking younger longer. The use of a beautiful woman in the ad helps to convince women that this product will help them stay looking young.... [tags: English-language films, Woman]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- The New Woman is a term which describes the rise of feminist power and status within the Victorian Era. The new woman opposes all acts of the traditional woman and is a female who fights for equality and status, and her own happiness. The traditional woman is someone who is controlled by her husband and children and keeps the living style well kept within the home, but has no other power or responsibilities outside of the home. In the novel “Dracula”, by Bram Stoker, Stoker’s view and support of the new women is not clearly presented because of the mix traits he has within his main female characters.... [tags: Dracula, Woman, Christina Rossetti]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- The New Woman in Advertisements The 1920s brought forth a wide selection of new forms of popular culture, fads, and expectations. Among these new developments was the debut of the “New Woman”. Such women, often called flappers, have become one of the first topics that come up whenever the 1920s are discussed, and so it comes as no surprise that advertising executives would target many of their ads at these young women. A large number of these targeted ads were for health or hygiene products and they often employ tactics such as passively insulting those who do not use their products.... [tags: Woman, Female, Women, Girl]
1812 words (5.2 pages)