While attending career seminars, partaking in job shadows, volunteering at hospitals and working as a Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) in an assisted living facility, I have personally witnessed a wide variety of opportunities in the medical field. The summation of these experiences has allowed me to gain valuable insight into the different aspects of health care professions working cohesively to help patients. As a result of these opportunities, I know the essential work ethic, communication, and bedside manor characteristics that are necessary to become the respected team member that assists in the betterment and wellness planning for patients. I am convinced this is the career I am destined to pursue.
One PA I had the pleasure of shadowing was Erica Dierker, PA-C of Fox Valley Surgical Associates, located in Appleton, Wisconsin. I was presented with a case where I had the opportunity to remove a patient 's staples from the abdominal region. Although this may...
... middle of paper ...
...s a valuable component and I am able to respect the other members no matter what level of experience they uphold, ensuring that the patient receives optimal care. Being within the health care system, I have been able to witness teams that do not have respect for each other, which can produce controversy and an uncomfortable work environment.
I understand the physician assistant profession will require hard work, responsibility, honesty, dedication, communication and teamwork. I possess all these qualities and am not afraid of any challenge set before me. As I have grown and matured through high school and my first year of college, I have challenged myself by taking on a rigorous course load and continue to manage a busy schedule-school, sports, and work. I am truly up for this challenge and am looking forward to the opportunity to change lives…one patient at a time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Certified Nurse-Midwife Throughout history mankind has come up with some wonderful inventions and innovations, but out of all the creations by far the most beautiful and precious is human birth. I first developed an interest in nursing and in particular midwifery years ago. I believe it is a great service within the health profession because of the privileged position to assist in human childbirth. The word midwife means with woman. Centuries before obstetricians delivered babies, midwifes assisted women in having at home births.... [tags: Nursing ]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Every single person in America comes in contact with a nurse at some point in their life. Nurses are the backbone of the medical profession. They are usually the first line of defense. A career in nursing is essential because there will always be people in medical need. Being a registered nurse includes a lot of nursing history, degrees, and position descriptions. Nursing has been around throughout history in almost every culture. The nursing profession didn’t take off until the 19th century. Around that time working conditions we not the best.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Instead of discussing a primary career choice and a secondary career choice, I will be providing information on my short term career goal, along with my long term career goal. Given that I am already working in the health care field, there are still a lot of things that I am not allowed to do because I am not certified yet. So I must get my feet wet by being a Certified Nurse’s Aide so that I may do any necessary things in order to help facilitate the residents further. A Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA) does a lot of day-to-day care with each and every patient.... [tags: course, admission, program]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Hospice is place that provides support and care for persons with incurable disease such that, patients are at the last phase of the disease. Hospices care provide provides pain-free support to their patient and making patient comfortable and maintaining the quality of the remaining life because they recognizes dying as part of the normal process of living. The focus of hospice is care and cure of patient. According to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), hospice support patient with their needs; spiritual, emotional and physical needs so that patients/clients will be comfort.... [tags: Hospice Essays]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- More and more nursing programs are requiring potential students to become an active Certified Nursing Assistant prior to applying for their Nursing Program. They, like I, realize the importance of their work and understand it is the most beneficial for the future nurses. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take a closer look at the facts. It not only gives you an in-depth look at the health care field but it also gives you a better working knowledge of the criteria of the job and overall more appreciation.... [tags: Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistant]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), also called nurse anesthetists, is a registered nurse that has specialized in delivering anesthesia during surgery and other procedures, as well as monitoring vital signs and maintaining the patient’s airway. A CRNA can also further their specialty specifically for pediatric, bariatric, cardiac care, etc. patients. To become a CRNA, an extensive education, as well as experience, is required before even being considered to enter the anesthesia educational program.... [tags: Nursing Careers]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- I currently have three professional goals. The first is to obtain a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree specializing in nursing education. Once I have graduated with this degree I hope to obtain a position working in this field teaching undergraduate nursing students. As an instructor I also hope to be a great mentor. A great mentor is someone who a student feels comfortable with as they learn and confident in the instructor’s guidance as they learn the world of nursing. An excellent mentor would never flaunt the knowledge that they have and belittle the student.... [tags: Nursing, Education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics ', eight of the top twenty fastest growing professions are in the Healthcare Industry. Two of the top eight fastest growing occupations are Medical Assistants (MA) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA). Medical Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants are healthcare careers that involve working with patients of all ages and physical condition, providing them with high quality patient care. CNAs and Medical assistants may work within the same settings and perform similar tasks, but despite these similarities, there are crucial differences between both positions.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health care provider]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Have you ever wanted to make $70,268 -100,00 dollars a year while taking care of people . Well you can If you become a Registered Nurse Registered nurses are needed now more than ever because you can never have too many nurse to take care of you. I’ve always loved taking care of people no matter the age,race,size I just love making people smile & forget about their pain it just makes me happy for some reason I feel like it’s my way of giving back It takes a lot of emotional strength to be a nurse you will be exposed to other people life problems.You will constantly be exposed to the realities of human suffering, and possibly to stressful medical emergencies.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- Nancy Cassidy is an enthusiastic Senior Lecturer of School of Accountancy at Arizona State University. I contacted her and asked her for an interview to discuss what means to be a Certified Public Accountant, but specially in terms of ethics, good business and happiness and how she follows her career path. Our meeting took place in her office. She was very cordial with me, she made me feel very comfortable throughout our interview. What I could say is that she showed me all her professionalism. What most impressed me was that during our conversation she always revealed me that she enjoys doing what she is doing.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1006 words (2.9 pages)