There are both benefits and disadvantages of being a part of a team sport. For this assignment, I have listed the pros and cons below, giving a brief but detailed description of each reason stated for both sides of the argument.
• teaches interdependence
• teaches cooperation
• there's always a replacement when someone is hurt or tired
• there's less pressure (people aren't always looking at you)
Playing sports enables you to create friendships you otherwise might not have formed. Sports bring teens together from different schools, backgrounds, and communities. Many times, the friendships you create on the field remain intact even when you are not playing sports. Starting a team is a great way to bring individuals together that share a common sporting interest. Team sports are a great way to make new friends, and share in a common interest.
Team sports mean involvement and participation in an activity that keeps one fit and allows a person to make good use of their spare time. Playing sports helps teenagers physically, socially, and mentally. Sports team participation may enhance school connectedness, social support and bonding among friends and teammates.
Being a part of a team sport shows members commitment and dedication to an activity. It allows the team member to learn commitment not only in team sports, but overall in life as well. Going to practices, games and meetings, and showing dedication to a team that one is part of is vital. Athletes build character through their participation in sports.
We all know the health benefits that sports provide. Starting a team is a great way for one to share with others the benefits of exercise that a...
... middle of paper ...
...ust physically fit but also mentally and emotionally fit and balanced. This is where yoga helps: postures, breathing techniques and meditation.
Yoga is known to have great health benefits, and one of the most prominent is pain prevention. Increased flexibility and strength can help prevent the causes of some types of back pain.
Many people who have back pain spend a lot of time sitting at a computer or driving a car, because you are always sitting in the same position; a position that does not improve your posture or health. That can cause tightness and spinal compression, which you can slowly and gradually address with yoga.
Yoga also improves your alignment, both in and out of class, which helps prevent many other types of pain. The exercises in yoga focus on posture whilst sitting or standing, and these really can prevent back pain or injuries.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Merit pay is defined as “a term that describes pay-for performance, is defined as a raise in pay based on a set of criteria set by the employer. This usually involves the employer conducting a review meeting with the employee to discuss the employee’s work performance during a certain time period. Merit pay is a matter between an employer and an employee (or the employees’ representative” (Department of labor). In simpler terms it is “an approach to compensation that rewards the higher performing employees with additional pay or incentive pay” (Human Resources).... [tags: Employment, Motivation, The Work, Merit pay]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- Nursing: The Stigma, the Burnout, the Benefits, and the Disadvantages Growing up, I did not want to become “just a nurse”. My mom and most of my friends’ moms were or are nurses. Nursing never seemed special to me because I was surrounded by nurses. I wanted to be different. I wanted to become a physician or physician assistant until I started applying to college. I had an epiphany while filling out my college applications, that I had no idea exactly what I wanted to be. All I knew was that I wanted to be in health care.... [tags: Nursing, Healthcare occupations]
1773 words (5.1 pages)
- Abstract This paper explores the various benefits and disadvantages of the use of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES). NMES has been used as a rehabilitation tool for many athletes who are recovering from various injuries and complications that arise in sports. NMES is a treatment that involves the use of a device called a muscle stimulator that transmits electrical impulses through electrodes that are applied to a specific muscle or muscle group. When this electrical impulse is applied to the muscle fibers, contractions occur and the muscle, shortens.... [tags: Muscle, Muscle contraction, Muscular system]
2703 words (7.7 pages)
- Being a medical assistant has its advantages and its disadvantages. The medical assistant performs different duties. Those duties have many changes in every doctor’s office or hospital meaning from post to post. The physician assigns the duties for the medical assistants since they work for the physician they help the office run easily mainly the MA’s work in both the back and front desk area of the medical office. The Medical Assistant is involved in the patient assessment that is a big part of their responsibilities that is being involved with checking a patient’s vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature and breathing rate, performing physical examine height and weight as... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Healthcare occupations]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Investment has become a growing tendency and method for people to deal with their income, while portfolio is an important investment vehicle. In the same time, financial services industry has played a critical part in making investment portfolio available to ordinary people. In this essay, the meaning and functions of portfolio will be analyzed and it will argue the advantages of the financial services industry outweigh the disadvantages. Firstly, portfolio theory has become an essential strategy in the modern investment market.... [tags: Investment, Financial services]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- Statement of purpose: The purpose of this report is to discuss the pros and cons of being a part of a franchise, or that of comparison of having sole ownership of an independent business. Problem Statement: The purpose of this report is to discuss the pros and cons of being a part of a franchise, or that of comparison of having sole ownership of an independent business. The reason for this research is to explain the different perks to consider, and pitfalls when deciding which one is more beneficial to meeting your current, and future goals, while being a part of a franchise; or an actual independent business ownership.... [tags: Business, Small business, Management, Property]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction Having been one of the millions of everyday people looking for job opportunities at one time or another, many have envied the prospect of telecommuting without thinking that there were any downsides to the life of telecommuting. However, this paper will address the notion that there are some drawbacks and that job seekers should consider both the advantages and disadvantages before deciding to telecommute. Although telecommuting is increasing in popularity, potential employees must consider multiple issues before deciding to join the telecommuting life.... [tags: Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Working time]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Disadvantages of Having an Accountant The following disadvantages to be discussed in this section are (1) cost and (2) liability. Cost. When establishing a small business and in the being phase of a startup company, money is tight. The company has yet to take shape but the need to generate growth is a huge concern. Cost is an incremental factor that deters the businesses owners’ decision to hire an accountant. Part of the costs involved in hiring an accountant includes their salary, benefits, and office space.... [tags: Business, Small business, Startup company]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Immigration: Advantages and Disadvantages in the US Economy Immigration has always been a topic of controversy, and the effects that immigration has on the United States are countless. Debates approach to whether or not the United States should take radical measurements against the eleven million-population living illegally in the United States and how the United States should address them (Costa et al). Such a controversy conveys deeper understanding of the current situation. In order to speak about immigration several factors should be analyzed: how is immigration contributing and/or hurting the United States economy.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, United States]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Collaborative Leadership Leadership can take many different forms, depending on the person and the situation in which it is needed. Collaborative leadership is a leadership style in which a leader brings together a large group of people, with a variety of backgrounds, to make a productive decision and act upon it. According to Chrislip and Larson (1994): …they are the ones who have the credibility to get the right people together to create visions, solve problems, and reach agreements about implementable actions.... [tags: Benefits, Disadvantages, Characteristics]
1371 words (3.9 pages)