Student life is incomplete if we keep our focus on academics and ignore the extra-curricular activities. Bigger part of the fun, friendships and memories are made through these activities because you can interact with people who share your interests. All the universities in the world have a number of societies, organizations and clubs for their student. University life is much more happening because of these clubs and societies. Academics are not the only key to success; activities are equally important for a good and healthy student career. There are many ways in which these societies and clubs are extremely beneficial for the students. Some of them are: They provide a chance to meet new people from various disciplines and interest, they provide you with broad networking opportunities which help in your professional career, and They improve your fitness and keep your healthy both inside and outside
This report goal to highlight how essential it is for the students to join the clubs and organizations for their growth as a person. It tells about a few categories and examples to help the students decide how they choose their favorite organizations and what benefits will they provide.
Every student has his/her own natural abilities and some have a very quick sense of learning. The education has become very vast in the modern age and students can reach as far as they want. The categories are countless which provide the students with a different choice and let them select whatever field they want to for their study. This university also provides a wide range of organizations for the students in all the possible academic and non-academic careers where students can join in and interact wi...
... middle of paper ...
...hich students are very keen to learn nowadays. This club will help them communicate to the students around the world learning these branches. The activities and exercises of this group are very interesting and useful.
¥ SOCIETY FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS:
This society is very helpful for the students who have interest in international relations. It makes them take part in various activities on domestic, state, national and international level that helps them improve their skills if they want to pursue it as their career.
¥ AMERICAN MARKETING ASSOCIATION:
This association is made for improving marketing skills by providing them with a lot of great opportunities. They can interact with a network of other marketing students, which can help in polishing their leadership skills. Conferences are arranged where guest speaker’s come and share their experiences in the field.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Going to work first, and then continuing to work as a fulltime college student, has made me appreciate school more now than I would have if I had gone straight from high school and into college. Since graduating from high school a year and a half earlier than expected, about a month after earning my diploma and turning 17 years old, I signed up with the military to ship out to boot camp. Following my stint as a forward scout of an airborne infantry unit, I worked in construction and even owned my own masonry business for 3 years.... [tags: College, Graduate school, Bachelor's degree]
1035 words (3 pages)
- College students hear the same advice over and over, from getting involved in extracurricular activities to studying to time management. Most first year college students have a hard time coping with the change of moving to college and the stress that comes with it. How do you become a successful college student. To be a successful college student, the student needs to have a goal. The ultimate goal could be a future career, graduate school, or just wanting to further their education. Students do not simply go to college because their parents told them to go to college, or because it is the next thing to do after high school.... [tags: University, High school, Education, Student]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- Student Employment Everyone is in need of a job during college life. A job provides not only financial help to students, but also practical knowledge in their area of study. When I came to UNM for my undergraduate study, I was in search of a job for financial help. I searched many resources which could help me getting a job, but I was jobless for two months. Finally, I found a resource, which is very helpful for student like me, called as “Student Employment”. I used to think that it will be difficult for a college student to get a job but now, I found that student employment office has made a process of getting a good job related in our field of study easily.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Student, Education]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- A first-generation college student is someone whose folks didn’t attend or graduated from college. Many times, students face this reality and have no one to rely on. Some of the challenges this students face are unique psychological challenges. Although there is upportive staff in college, one of the most important roles of a family is support. Their family may see their entry to college as an insult or misunderstood their reason for wanting to have a major. In families, role are assign to each member such as working, cleaning or taking care of others.... [tags: University, Education, Student, Academia]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- From the time that we are first put into school to our freshman year people have been preparing us for what is to come. The same thing happens in college. You spend four years getting ready for college, and then in college, you prepare for your career. There is a significant difference in how strenuous each step of schooling can become. There are three things that I have learned differ between being a high school student and a college student: your workload, your priorities, and your time management.... [tags: High school, College, School, Education]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- The flow of the medical community is dependent on every person employed there. The harmony it creates does not only come from the doctors or nurses, but the janitors, surgeons, receptionists, and even the pharmacists. Each job is necessary in order for the hospitals to function properly; for instance, the doctors diagnose the patient with their illness, prescribe them medication to cure it, and send them to the pharmacist, who then gives them their medication and sends them home. However, some jobs are overlooked more than others and do not receive the proper credit, like the pharmacist.... [tags: Career Research ]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- “What do you want to be when you grow up?” As a child, we have all been asked this question; and as unrealistic children, we all had dreams of being a superhero, princess, cowboy, or astronaut. Later on in life, as time went by, and as we became more knowledgeable, our answers became more serious. Some of us wanted to be teachers, business owners, or a veterinarian. However, I have always wanted to be a doctor, but not just any doctor. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Pharmacists have very important roles in healthcare from all angles. Physicians and licensed practitioners that write a written prescription, the pharmacist reviews patient history, health conditions, and interactions with the new medication prescribed. As a pharmacy technician (for six years) I had a somewhat of an overview on what they accomplished in a shift but did not know everything on what I know now from this research. Pharmacy students that are in the process to obtain their doctor of pharmacy (D.Pharm.) go through a series of training, education and internship to become a well-rounded pharmacist.... [tags: Career Essays]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- At least “50% of entering college students” are undecided about their future careers. This fact informs the community about how high school graduates go to college without an intended major. Should a student go into college without having an idea of a future career. Many individuals question whether their child should go to college right after high school or to wait a couple semesters or years. Alternatively, national statistics state that at least “70.1 percent of new graduates” head to college right after high school (Norris).... [tags: High school, College, Education]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Journalism is type of writing that investigates and includes lots of research of good and bad stories and some events. Journalists tend to write news stories that people should know about and haven’t already heard. Journalism comes in different categories; some are reporters, writers, editors, and photographers. People who tend to like journalism are those who love language and enjoying writing and reading, are called journalist; they work as reporters at newspapers, magazines, websites, TV stations, and radio stations.... [tags: Career Essays]
1397 words (4 pages)
- The Natural Child Response : Psychology, Perception, Or Feeling Of People Or Groups
- Factors That Influence Nutritional Status And Its Relationship With Health
- A Master 's Degree Of Petroleum Engineering
- My Work Experience At Canadian Blood Services ( Cbs ) Working As A Distribution Lab Assistant
- The Weight Loss Plan For Women 's Health
- Distribution Channels : Vertical Chains