Claude Bristol’s main purpose for inviting my sixth grade class to attend his seminar was to explain the importance of belief in our lives. We were taught that belief has a major effect in our lives. This means that if we did not believe in ourselves our self esteem, motivation, and confidence would be affected in a negative way. Also, we were told that beliefs in our lives would affect the way we think about our environment and the people in our lives. Believing in ourselves gives us the ability to believe in God, who created us. Having beliefs (or a belief system) and faith in ourselves guides our path in our everyday living. Without beliefs, man would be without purpose and all alone in this world.
Mr. Bristol explained the steps we needed to take to achie...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Just as most people have never seen one million dollars, we all are sure that it exists. Talk about the tooth fairy and it is a different story. The majority of society believes in a supreme being, leaving a minority of non-believers. Society as a whole gives a multitude of beliefs, each with a wide range of thoughts and ideas regarding them. In determining whether or not to believe in a supreme being yourself, you should acknowledge these differences and must also take into consideration what you believe in your heart.... [tags: Personal Essays]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- God has given us the greatest commandment of all, “Love your neighbor as yourself”. However, the reality is we fall short of following through. We have a tendency to close our eyes and walk away, from people less fortunate then ourselves. God gave us this law to follow, then we should be able to do so, but the sad thing is we are not living up to his commandment. Our lack of knowledge or ignorance may be the cause of our self-centeredness. Majorities of people in society today look down and walk away from the poor.... [tags: religion, poverty, ]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- In today’s society many people care about your social appearances and social standards you fall in. If you are an outcast in your school, there are three types of people you run into: one that ignores your presence, one that accepts you as a friend or the worse of them all are the ones that torment you in any way possible. The third type people I described above are the ones that may shun and can spread bad rumors around about the type of person you are. But why should all these made up or assumed rumors matter.... [tags: being yourself]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- Silverwing: Believe in Yourself When one is constantly being put down, one tends to put themselves down and feel weaker than what is true. When that person attempts something, one does not perform to their full potential, only the low standards set for them. In Silverwing, by Kenneth Oppel, Shade is a Silverwing bat, the runt of his colony. He is constantly being put down, so he tries to do something crazy which gets his colony in trouble and results in resentment by his peers. Later, when he gets blown to shore without his colony, he makes a friend and learns to survive without his mother.... [tags: Self-Esteem, self help, confidence]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Why would people hurt themselves. I mean depression, anorexia, and bulimia, are not the answers to your problem in life they just lead to death. The answer to your problems would be to go get some help from your friends, family, peers, doctors, and your counselors tell them how you feel and they can help you through it. However, the main answer is God pray to him to help you through it God never fails you he is always there for you no matter what. God made people the way they are. That’s the main reason why we shouldn’t hurt or put ourselves in danger.... [tags: depression, family, God]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- ... I think its safe to say that we all have different forms of inspiration . It can be on the wall,in A book, A painting, and so on. For the purpose of this essay we will be creating a wall for inspiration. Once you have decided where you are going to put your wall. Keep in mind that you will adding to this wall for years,so it needs to be in a place where you can go and get the inspiration. For example in a child's room if the wall is for them in An office ,in the kitchen,in a hallway or in you're designing studio, etc.... [tags: benefits, believe, everyone, create]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Be True To Your Self The question, “What is involved in being true to your self?” is very complicated. There are many aspects to this question. First you would need to know what is meant by being true. Being true is the act of putting forth sincerity, or being genuinely faithful. It is honesty, seriousness, and earnestness. Next you would need to realize what it means to be a self. In class we discussed the difference between animals, rational animals, and people. This topic also came up in the reading about the concentration camps.... [tags: essays research papers]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Hard To Be Yourself How many times have we heard the saying "Don't judge by appearance?" And how many times have we been thoroughly disappointed by appealing images of things and people. The answer is quite simple: countless. And yet how many times do we catch ourselves staring in the mirror. And how many hours do we spend thinking about our image. The answer is once again very simple: countless. The real question which arises is "Why?" Why do we care so much about how everyone else perceives us.... [tags: Self Image Appearance Essays]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Life is all about change. It's pretty obvious to most of us that the corollary states that if you stop changing, you are dead. Having said that it makes the job of describing my beliefs difficult. After all, in a year I may see things very differently. When I look back at the things I have believed it is clear that many have withered away, seemingly to make room for the growth of new ideas. Perhaps this should discourage me from trying to form a personal philosophy but I can't be convinced that the alternative is very attractive.... [tags: Personal Narrative, My Beliefs]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- Finding Yourself Hidden under every cloak, every item of clothing, and all makeup lies a body. Under the skin of a body lies a soul, and a mind of thoughts. Reaching further we search for where the thoughts were born. As an embryo we are brought into this world, and raised by our creators. From them we are taught life. Depending on our parents or whoever is raising us we become a person, with thoughts, feelings, emotions, and ideas. Looking deeper it becomes clear that all idea’s exist from aspects we have learned.... [tags: Essays Papers]
777 words (2.2 pages)