After shopping all morning, I drove down the driveway opened my garage door, took my time getting my packages from the trunk and going into the house. I heard the doorbell ringing as I unlocked the back door. When I went to the door, a man dressed in a suit was standing on the front porch and said, “I’m looking for Nancy Hawkins.”
“I’m Nancy Hawkins.”
“Is Jerry your husband?”
“He sure is. Why do you ask?”
“I’m Detective Summers from homicide and I’m here to inform you, your husband was found dead this afternoon.
When I heard the word “ dead” I screamed and fell on the floor. Sobbing,“How can that happen? Who would do that? Where did you find him? I talked to him around ten o’clock this morning, and he was fine.”
“Early this afternoon, Angela Washington called a neighbor and asked her to check something in her house. When the neighbor entered the house, she found two deceased males lying on the living room floor. We’re investigating the deaths, at the moment, we have no clues. She found another deceased man a few away and identified him as Tony Washington.”
“Oh, my God, Tony was my husband’s business partner.”
“Do you have someone I can call to be with you? I need to get in touch with his family.
“His wife Angela works at the office, the number’s in the book on the table, please call her, and ask her to come over, ” I said pointing to a table. When Angela a...
... middle of paper ...
... it might short out and I would lose my food. When she entered my house the first thing she was Jerry and Tony lying on the living room floor. She called the police and then called me. I screamed and put on a big show for the police and neighbors as I explained what I found when I entered the house.
I’m sure now that you are aware of what happened, you will call the police, and they’ll come after me. That’s okay, because I want to tell you, I loved Tony, but’d never share him with another man. I want to talk with you, please, call me before you call the police.
My hand shook while dialing her number, “I just now read your letter. Would you come over so we can talk?”
The first thing Angela wanted to know when she entered my house was, “Are you calling the police?”
“Of course not, who wants to live with a cheating husband?”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I chose to research the profession of a homicide detective. This profession interests me because I find solving a puzzle satisfying, by picking up the pieces (evidence) and fitting them together I can solve the mystery of the homicide. This of course is something I will have to work toward, as I cannot become one right out of the gate. First I will have to be a police officer. I have to be a police officer first because I need to gain experience in the criminal justice world and with victims/ suspects.... [tags: Police, Crime, Constable, Detective]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- A Homicide Detective is a very important but also has long days, dangerous, and is a stressful job, the reason I choose this career field is because it interest me in certain areas. Mostly because I am nosy and want to know what is going on with the news and why people did things to hurt others in certain cases such as things that goes on in this career field. This career is very important in the criminal justice field because it helps solves murders and identify the suspects in the cases. In this field of being a homicide detective there are many jobs, many places.... [tags: Police, Crime, Criminal law, Forensic science]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction Homicide has been in existence since the beginning of time. People kill each other daily. In the United States, you are ten-times more likely to be murdered on the day you’re born than any other time in your life (CDC, 2002). For that reason, today’s research suggest that homicide events should not be considered single incidents but as underlying indicators of changes in social and economic conditions including: race, poverty, and social isolation (Parker 2004) and the distribution of handguns (Ludwig & Cook, 2003).... [tags: Social Issues, Homicide, Justice]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- The Century of the Detective By: Jürgen Thorwald The foundation of modern criminology was introduced in 1879 by twenty-six year old Alphonse Bertillon. Prior to the introduction of his anthropological technique known as anthropometry, law enforcement could only identify criminals by name and photograph. Anthropometry is the method of collecting exact measurements of criminals. Alphonse Bertillon was born in Paris in 1853 to the famous medical professor Louis Bertillon. He drifted through a variety of jobs in England and France after he was expelled from school.... [tags: Police, Crime, Detective]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Homicide/Murder is a very well-known criminal behavior. However, the complexity of this criminal behavior comes from the wide scale from who commits it, why they commit it and how to stop it from being committed. Murder/”Homicide rates in the United States remain among the highest in the Western World. Homicide offenders tend to be also recidivist offenders, often not necessarily in terms of homicide reoffending but in terms of general delinquent recidivism” (Loeber & Ahonen, 2013). People from all walks of life are a part of this criminal behavior, from rich to poor, from white to black, from male and female to old and young.... [tags: Murder, Homicide, Assault, Crime]
2277 words (6.5 pages)
- On February 14, 2013, South African Olympian, Oscar Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. The incident took place at their home in South Africa, where Steenkamp was hiding in the bathroom, when three out of the four shots hit her. Pistorius claims that it was an act of self defense, mistaking Steenkamp as an intruder. During his trial, experts questioned the Mental Health of Pistorius. Steenkamp parents added that he had a history of anger problems and breakdowns during the relationship.... [tags: Murder, Homicide, Manslaughter, Law]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Serial killing is the rarest form of homicide; serial homicide is when an individual kills three or more people who are not known to them usually with a cooling off period in-between murders. Criminologists are constantly trying to figure out why serial killers exist and what shapes their behavior in the first place. Media shapes serial murders into celebrities, making society idolize them. Because there is so much adoration for them society has “become an inescapable point of reference in movies, television, novels, true cime books and video games” (social study article) making their influence a dominant cultural category.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Serial killers, Homicide]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- This self-help guide of Birmingham Detective Agency provides full information to become a private detective. This guide will tell what you need to know about being a private detective, what do investigators and detectives do and their working conditions, how to become a fantastic private detective, benefits and drawbacks of this work. As you progress you will see the good, bad and ugly sides of detective work. You will learn to carry out realistic plan to meet your goal and reach up to your destination.... [tags: Birmingham Detective Agency, working conditions]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- A Summer Love William Shakespeare wrote about many people, places, and things throughout his life. What he might be most remembered for are his writings about love. None might be better than his sonnet 18. Shakespeare uses imagery, personification, unusual techniques and remarkable feelings in this declaration. Few have matched such a task including himself. This short sonnet number 18 is one of the best known and most loved of all 154 poems. Mabillard states that “It is also one of the most straightforward in language and intent” (Mabillard).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- The Detective When William woke, on the first cold winter's morning of the year, he found tears of cold sweat trickling down his brow. He noticed that his window had swung open during the night and as he arose to close it a short sharp shot of icy air rushed into his face. He quickly reached forward and slammed the window shut for he feared that another blast like that could turn the drops of sweat into tiny icicles. Will was about 27 years old and he had short brown hair that was full of grease because he could not afford proper shampoo.... [tags: Papers]
1034 words (3 pages)