Table of content
• A) The organizational context of business communications for Microsoft Incorporation
• B) New product launch (Technology experts communicating with customers) and complaints to and from (Microsoft Inc receiving communications from customers and resolving those issues).
• C) Software development has a difficult time communicating. As a result of this a lot of time is spent in meetings which take up too much time, and never seem to yield positive results.
A) You have been appointed communications manager for Manager for Microsoft Inc. Write a report (using the standard business report format) on the current communications strategy at Microsoft Inc. On the way they use business communications. Analysis in your report should consider (and provide evidence of):
1) Microsoft Incorporation is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services related to computing, technology, and more we will explain later. The company was founded by two good friends Bill Gates and Paul Allen, on the 4th of April 1975 Albuquerque, New Mexico. In 1980 the company then moved its headquarters to Washington D.C where we are today
2) Corporate governance at Microsoft serves several purposes. Establish and preserve management accountability to Microsoft's owners appropriately distributing rights and responsibilities among Microsoft Board members, managers and shareholders. Provide a structure through which management and the Board set objectives and monitor performance. Strengthen and safeguard ...
... middle of paper ...
...s of good teamwork and how you don't always need good relationship to achieve a common goal.
Team Dynamics – Team dynamics can be good for example, when they improve overall team performance and/or get the best out of individual team member. They can also be bad for example when they cause unproductive conflict demotivevation, and prevent the team from achieving its goal, running corporate team building events represent a major investment, not just of cost but also of staff and management time. Team dynamics are created by the nature of the teamwork, the personality within the team , their working relationship with others and the environment within the team work.
Guild line for meetings- Be punctual, All department should have there own meeting first., have agenda ready 2 day before meeting, manage your own input-no long speeches, listen actively to others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is a growing demand for professionals with good leadership skills to address an increased global challenges in all social sectors including health. These include people management, corruption, poor governance, nepotism and inadequate mechanisms for continuity of institutional programs as well as succession (1). However, despite the availability of people with the potential to deal with the enormous challenges, lack of leadership skills, opportunities for developing the skills and tools for assessing one’s strengths and weaknesses are among the identifiable contributing factors (2).... [tags: Leadership, Management, Health care, Skill]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- Successful organizations have strong leaders and managers that develop, support, and encourage employee longevity within a company. There is a significant difference between leadership and management. Leadership is a notion of communication and organization’s vision, whereas management is more of the implementation of the organization’s vision. When referring leadership and management, the two are closely linked, yet both mean and hold different task and responsibilities. My interview subject, Michelle Farkas explains her understanding in the differences of supporting roles for supervisors, managers, and leaders.... [tags: managers role, management, michelle fakers]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- Q1. In fact, this is not my first time venturing into a start up. Back in my early days, I partnered with a friend, Cyril Ibe to start a news magazine in Chicago. The editorial skew was to cover the Nigerian community in Chicago. It would later blossom to all parts of the U.S. The publication, called African Newbreed, was like the proverbial mustard seed that grew beyond our imagination; and by the time it was rested, people were yearning for more. So, starting Agile single-handedly was a familiar terrain for me.... [tags: Advertising, Advertising agency]
2039 words (5.8 pages)
- Managers gain their notoriety through the dedication to their job, reinforcing and implementing all job expectancies, and making sure they are aware of the influence they have on others. Managers need to be self assured and confident in taking on the lead role by following through with directives and being able to give directives. Managers need to have a strong personality and assertion when the opportunity arises. Being able to come together with upper management shows strength. Excellent coaching abilities are necessary because that will be a large portion of the duties.... [tags: Business Management ]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- A person, full of responsibility and the same level of authority required completing a project. If a person does not have high levels of both responsibility and authority then it will not be a ‘Project Manager’. The title ‘Project Manager’ has come to be used generically to describe anyone given responsibility to complete a project. Also, it describes the activities that meet specific objectives and be used to introduce or improve new or existing products and services. As a Project Manager, if he could prove excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, he will be able to improve his skill to co-ordinate and handle his project.... [tags: Leadership, Interpersonal Skills, Manager]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Today our business is internationally market based, those skills forms outside US are sought, and likewise skills inside US are sought in other countries to include business ventures. We can experience cultural and communication indifferences effect our organizations and those whom strive to find equilibrium for the working environment. This conflict with interpersonal and business communication, regardless if your conducting business or hire from outside of the country of origin we find shortcomings with conducting or performing work outside of native surroundings.... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Culture, Communication]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- The twenty first century presented humanity with new trends, new inventions and, therefore, with new priorities. Nowadays human’s most profound desire and need is for communication. Believe it or not, sustainable development of human being in various spheres of occupation primarily depends on it. Since childhood we start absorbing information about the world around not only from discovering it ourselves but from listening to mother’s gentle words as well. In more mature age we still have sharp need in communication because with the help of it we build our career paths and realize our personal qualities.... [tags: Public relations, Communication]
1914 words (5.5 pages)
- ... This event gave had created a nagging sensation in my head, an idea … My thirst for and curiosity about studying Communications has increased as I thought more about it … I had begun to wonder if this was what I was meant for after all. Nevertheless an idea always tends to be progressive ... the more I thought about it, the more I realized this was what I always wanted to do. The world of mass media and communication was now my dream. And in order to reinforce this idea of mine my school had appointed me, in order to help them with their annual day celebrations.... [tags: volunteers, communication, corporate]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- ... All the employees, with the exception of the manager, were employed part time and were paid minimum wage. The Perfect Pizzeria system is devised so that food and beverage costs and profits are computed According to a percentage. If the percentage of food unsold or damaged in any way is very low, the manager gets a bonus. If the percentage is high, the manager does not receive a bonus; rather, he or she receives only his or her normal salary. So the employees did not get any motivation from the managers I found that in the case study the manager were very motivated the percentages low so that they would get there high yearly bonus.... [tags: Management, Communication, Leadership, Employment]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- A truly successful leader not only has to master the necessary business skills, the technology that makes a business efficient, but the greatest tool for success is the art of communication, so you can share your ideas and they are understood and carried out using every communication tool available. A common denominator among managers that fail in business and life is as a result of failing to overcome barriers to communication, these are often as a result of a lack of proper communication skills, prejudice, lack of information, a loss of touch, cultural and language differences.... [tags: Manager Leader Communication]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- Standard Price Is Not For the Wedding Industry
- The Roles of Management and Organization in the Mining Industry
- Enzymes Enhances the Digestive System
- The Integration of Mechanical & Electrical Building Services in a 2 story Office Building
- Acupunture and Meformine to Treat Diabetes
- What Is All-Natural Psychic Medium