Honestly, the most difficult things to carry are mostly mental. Carrying mental things are tougher than carrying physical things; you can’t escape them unless you find a solution. Say you 're carrying a hundred pound dumbbell: getting tired, and then just drop it! It’s really that simple! But if you were carrying something mental such as losing a basketball game because you missed the game winning shot, then that memory will probably haunt you for a while. What I’m trying to say is that there are a lot of things to carry being a teenager and it’s not easy.
Education has a lot to do with that pressure. I mean the pressure kicks in as soon as you reach the age of 13. You 're trying to get into that big fancy private school with a castle as the cafeteria. But guess what? You’re one of those lucky kids who needs a full scholarship to attend this school and if you...
... middle of paper ...
... your homework at night and as a result you do poor on your tests and quizzes. Your grades start to drop and it’s all downhill from there. There are probably a bunch of other things that I haven 't mentioned that I have to carry everyday that it makes it stressful.
I’m not trying to make you feel bad for me or anything like that. I know my life isn’t that tough compared to millions of others around the world. All I’m just trying to do is just figure out how to balance all of this. It’s hard carrying all of this around you all day and night. I mean how do you balance pleasing everyone around you, but at the same time caring for yourself and your own health and well being. Maybe in the future when I’m all grown up I’ll look back and think that being a teenager wasn’t so stressful, but as of right now, I’m carrying a lot of things and just trying to balance it all out.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A teenager’s life can be easy-going and difficult. There are various things that contribute to shaping a teenager’s life. Ongoing situations can sometimes be easy to bear, but mostly tough conditions arise in this time frame. As a teenager, there are several things to contemplate about, as a new era of adulthood will usher in. A teenager can express optimistic joy, but it won’t last for long. A teenager has to be careful in making tough decisions down the road. Responsibility is a huge word teenagers should cope with because down the stretch it is necessary for them to be responsible for their actions.... [tags: Adolescence, Time, Educational psychology, Future]
708 words (2 pages)
- Do you have a teenager. Do they use social media. If so, you might be concerned about the time spent on social media. With the relatively recent creation of social media sites, this topic has seen some growth, with much controversy. The main reason this controversy exists, is due to parents concern on how safe and beneficial social media is for their kids’ wellbeing. Social media positively influences communication skills, personal relationships, and knowledge of recent events in teens. Communication skills are seen to improve between teens with the use of social media.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Sociology]
1350 words (3.9 pages)
- Ashby Have your parents made you move in the middle of high school. You get all the anger built up inside and hate them for making you move as if your life is going to end. You try everything in your power to change their mind and they still end up moving, whether you like it or not. Being the new kid isn’t easy for most teens, just as in the movie Ashby, when Ed Wallis, high school student, moves to a new town. This movie is filled with great aspects of pathos that draw you into your own life perspectives on bullying, death, love, determination, friendships, and denial.... [tags: High school, Adolescence, 2006 albums, College]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Being a leader isn 't easy, Leadership needs perseverance, confidence, intelligence and an organized system to where he/she can better operate for the benefit of the community and themselves. A leader need to show a bold stand tall images in front of the community to reinsure the community that if any problems arise they would be handled accordingly. A leader will not only make a decision that will benefit him but as well as the community and their demands. Once the leader has won the people and satisfied the community it will ensure an advantage in the next reelection.... [tags: Voting, Election, Democracy, Decision making]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Habits, they’re things humans are accustomed to and actions that humans consider normal in their everyday lives. They differ between all humans, it varies from where they live, who they live with , what their occupation is, but most importantly, their age. Habits are established from a young age, in fact according to the studies of Dr. David Whitebread and Dr.Susan Bingham from the University of Cambridge, most basic school related habits develop from the time of elementary school, but what defines an effective student and a successful human being in life isn’t only based on GPA or SAT scores.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, Homework]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- My family was forever changed after finding out there was a secret— my father, my hero, was addicted to drugs. As a young child, discovering this information, many questions arose in my mind. Why would he do that and for how long. Does my mother know. I felt betrayed by him like he had done it on purpose to hurt me. Being only a child about to be a teenager, I had other things I should have been concerned with, such as my celebrity crush, or that I had to have gel pens in every color. Instead, I was worried about my father 's addiction, how it was affecting my parents’ relationship and what it was doing to our family.... [tags: Mother, Father, Parent, Family]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- The Trials and Tribulations of Being a Teenager As a teenager, life explodes into a cosmos of complications. You're suddenly allowed to do this, but not that. People expect you to take on a more adult role, yet still treat you as a child. However, it's easy to what teenage society expects of you. Many adults don't fully understand the complexity of teenage society, but who can blame them. It makes complex microbiology look like a lesson in the finer art of tying your shoelaces.... [tags: Papers]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- The Difficulties of Being a Teenager “Go on.” “Everybody’s doing it.” “It’s only one drink.” “You’re such a loser.” I didn’t know what to do. All these voices were repeating over and over in my head. I didn’t want to give into them because I knew what I was doing was wrong. I didn’t want everyone to think I was scared but what if my parents found out. Why was I here. Are these people really my friends if they are really doing this to me. These were the questions that I didn’t know the answers to.... [tags: Papers]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Maintaining a customer base isn’t easy. With a slew of industry competitors, consumers can quickly buy products from other brands. It’s vital that your team continue to add value and offer quality service to your customers. “Customer retention is a byproduct of customer service and experience. Create a good experience, that’s consistent and predictable, and you have a shot at customer retention,” states Shep Hyken, New York Times bestselling author and customer service expert. Strive to engage with your target audience through personalization.... [tags: Sales, Customer service, Customer, Marketing]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Depression is a huge problem for teenagers in America, according to the Mayo Clinic “Depression affects 20% of teens in the United States” (“Diseases and Conditions ”). That is an alarming amount of teenagers who experience this life-consuming illness. Many people assume a teenager’s change in behavior is another phase that will die out in a month or so; however, there is more to it than what many people think. Teen depression is as old as time itself and can be defined as “… a strong mood involving sadness, discouragement, despair, or hopelessness that lasts for weeks, months, or even longer” (“Depression”).... [tags: health, teenagers]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- Dulce Et Decorum Est By Wilfred Owen
- How The Deceptive Of A Woman Finds Appropriate Daters Online
- Similarities And Differences Between Varying Light Intensities And The Sowbugs Movement
- Assumptions I Had Formed And Complete This Community Assessment
- The Islamic Religion Of Jihad
- Macbeth : The Selfish Desires Of His Own Destiny