“We always do something. I don’t want to keep bothering you.” I said and Ves frowned. He was about to speak, but couldn’t get a word out before his attention turned elsewhere.
A knock sounded on the door and it was Ava, Vesper’s mom, entering alongside my dad and his girlfriend.
“Hello.” She said curtly.
“What’s up?” I looked at his mom and threw up a peace sign, knowing the remark would irritate her. Vesper stifled a laugh and tried to cover it up with a cough. He looked up from the fridge.
“Vesper, I hope you’re aware that you have a house right next door. It comes with a fridge and oh yeah, a family. Your very own. You can stop playing house here.”
“It seems to be missing a dad.” Vesper shot a cold look to her.
“Always a pleasure, Ava.” Chris said to her.
“How would you feel if Scarlett was next door all the time?”
“I wouldn’t care. It’s next door.”
“It’s okay Mrs. Bates, he’s right here.”
I didn’t think she caught the reference, but Vesper almost choked again.
She scoffed and redirected her attention to Vesper. Macy was scowling at me and I cut my eyes at her until she and my father left to his room. He had requested to speak with her. I was left with Vesper and his mom who was, as usual, upset.
I ate my cereal and watched her apathetically. She never liked me and I doubted she had a good reason why. As they left down the hall, I saw the picture of my mom on my father’s wall above his bed and gagged at Macy being in his room.
Vesper stood tall biting an apple. “Would you like me to come home, mother...
... middle of paper ...
“Wonderful.” He beamed at her.
“Sebastian and Scarlett are getting their birthday gifts now. I was thinking we could all go to the park afterwards if you’d like?” Alice’s tiny voice reached across the table. “We could have a picnic and visit that thrift store you enjoy so much.”
“I would love that, darling.” Her fragile hands smoothed out the stray hairs on her head and found their way into her lap. Age spots had taken over her face and gray dominated the majority of her hair, but she still had the heart of a kid. On the cue of discussing plans, Lori the caretaker hopped down the stairs in a pair of shrubs. She was holding a plate with a glass of water and a few medication pills on its rim.
“That does sound lovely,” Her radiant smile beamed, “in the meantime, we can get you ready and get some groceries while we wait until they come back?” She offered Ms. Taylor.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- When I was in the sixth grade, an event happened where I saw who the person I called my best friend really was for the first time. We hope when the people we trust show their true colors those colors are of beautiful vibrancy. Faith and I were best friends since we first met in park league softball when I was in the second grade. Faith and I were constantly getting in trouble for talking during class. She was easy to talk to and there was never a dull moment, but perhaps the main reason I was friends with Faith was because I thought it was better to be friends with Faith then not because then you were her enemy.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, IPod, Best Friends]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Everyone has a childhood best friend, while I have not seen mine in about four years. I have known Jessica Turner since elementary school. Even though we went to different middle schools we still kept in touch by texting or even social media. When I was in high school my sophomore year I was walking to my mom’s work which is by the elementary school I used to go to. For some odd reason I walked in and that is when I saw her, my childhood friend Jessica sitting on a bench. She did not see me so I walked up to her and as soon as I got close to her she looked up and smiled at me and I smiled back.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College, Automobile]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- She had cut her thumb on one of the knives that he had thrown back into the sink. It wasn 't that bad of a cut. She was actually more shocked than hurt. "l think you can wash the dishes now since you cut my hand." She said angrily. "Me?. I didn 't shove your hand down in the water and cut you. You did that all by yourself." She stormed out of the kitchen and went upstairs to their bathroom and slammed the door closed. She cleaned out her cut and put on a bandage. As she did all of this, the husband had finished re washing all of the dishes and went upstairs to check on her and make sure she was okay.... [tags: Race, Marriage, Mind, Thought]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Everyone always told me that your best friend in the beginning of high school will not be your best friend by the time you graduated, I never believed that. We had a friendship so solid that I knew we’d be friends forever. Looking back now, I was proved extremely wrong. One hard time I faced in my life was removing a toxic person I called my “best friend” from my life. We became friends in the 3rd grade, when life was easy and we did not have serious life issues. She moved away and we gradually stopped talking.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- David had passed away and I had been studying everything I could about living and working on the road. Youtube became my new best friend. I feverishly revisited the many, many notebooks and sketches I had put together,over the years, on my computer and in hard copy. I was suddenly grateful for life 's little lessons. I had skills that few women had and I couldn 't wait to use them again. My lease was coming up again soon and I had decided to take the plunge. I knew it would be hard, I had lived there almost 10yrs, it had become my home.... [tags: English-language films, 2008 singles]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)
- “A best friend is a person who you value above other friends in your life, someone you have fun with, someone you trust and someone in whom you confide.” -Your Dictionary Ever since I was a kid, I have had one best friend. Being kids we would the normal things any pair of “best friends forever” would do. From crazy stunts, to small arguments (which would lead to big arguments), to always telling each other everything, and always having fun. At the time I couldn 't help but think we were going to be “best friend FOREVER”.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Walt Whitman was an American poet, who was born in 1819 and died in 1892 whose work boldly asserts the worth of the individual and the oneness of all humanity. Whitman's defiant break with traditional poetic concerns and style exerted a major influence on American thought and literature. Born near Huntington, New York, Whitman was the second of a family of nine children. His father was a carpenter. The poet had a particularly close relationship with his mother. When Whitman was four years old, his family moved to Brooklyn, New York, where he attended public school for six years before being apprenticed to a printer.... [tags: essays research papers]
559 words (1.6 pages)