Be a leader and not a follower. Too many people want to always follow others. The reason probably why Americans is so far behind is because there one to lead. We have the work ethics to get things done. But the spirit of laziness has taking control of the people. Every day we want any and everything to get easily handed to us on a silver platter. Other countries are leading in the productive industries. We never tend to finish things we find difficult because it then become a prosaic task to our schedule.
Throughout high school I along with my peers considered me as a great leader in the school. It was freshmen year when I started to get in such bold leadership. Running for class president was a big thing to do in high school. Especially, in a public school with over 900 students enrolled. Till today some ask me the question, “How come?” Their concern was about how I could take the role of people looking at me every day as a school leader.
Therefore, while leading other there are these reputations people set up. Most reputations are based upon the judgmental opinions of people who probably once followed the leader. A leader must be sure and aware of the needs of others to fulfill. A wise professor once said, “We cannot please everyone!” Majority of the people who we lead going to want one thing. While the other percentile group going to want something else. The leader duty is to provide the need of the group with the greatest number always.
In contribute to the information thus far giving; being a leader can have it pros and cons. Often leadership can be just like management a business. We have to lose some things to gain a profit or a health growth in character. When looking deeply in the word of God, o...
... middle of paper ...
... that plan, the vision of the plan would not make it too far. A leader must be able to handle their position the correct way when complete tasks. For instance, a class president must not lack in planning activities for the student who paid their dues. If a leader have students who was paying their dues but not given nothing back to them in return not displaying the role of correct leadership. It is a difference when the leader and his/her supporting team are developing activities to do throughout the year but none not being approved by school officials. As leaders, it's scary to admit when we don't have all the answers to give to the organization.
"Servant Leadership". Anti Essays. 9 Dec. 2013
Vulnerable Leaders Make Great Leaders." Finweek (2013): 44-45. Business Source Complete. Web. 9 Dec. 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership is a term on which no one can develop a mutual consensus as it carries a different meaning for ach individual. Some people may consider a person as their leader who is capable of taking them away from hardships, some people may consider the one as their leader who is quite charismatic and can show them dreams of a bright future or some people may consider that man as a leader who can make them progress by devising wise strategies for them etc. There is, somehow, something very common in all the perspectives that are the philosophy behind the definition, which is related to choosing a best of the best person as their leader.... [tags: leader, leadership]
3482 words (9.9 pages)
- Be a leader and not a follower. Too many people want to always follow others. The reason probably why Americans is so far behind is because there one to lead. We have the work ethics to get things done. But the spirit of laziness has taking control of the people. Every day we want any and everything to get easily handed to us on a silver platter. Other countries are leading in the productive industries. We never tend to finish things we find difficult because it then become a prosaic task to our schedule.... [tags: leadership, God, high school]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- I picked Peggy Ralphson as my leader because she has been a mother, an owner, a wife, and a volunteer. In this interview. I asked her questions pertaining to her personal leader philosophy and being a servant-leader. Her answers were straightforward and to the point. My first question was “How has being either an introvert or extrovert shaped the way that you lead?”. Her answer was that she considers herself to be in the middle of the two as her main goal is to remain consistent by finding balance and being flexible.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Question, Sociology]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- The purpose of being a leader is to capture a group of people, who have the same beliefs, and make a change to what is right vs. what is wrong. There are components to being a strong and powerful leader. Sure, everyone has an opinion, but do they carry the right qualities to lead. The requirements are simple and cannot be purchased or even or wished for. Either the person has it, or they do not. In order to draw a crowd, they must be given something to look at. Confidence and even persuasion are just two of the qualifications to being a leader.... [tags: Persuasion, Regulatory Focus Theory]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- An assistant plays a vital role towards the prosperity of an organization. Karen Otazo’s book titled “The Truth About Being a Leader” offers advice on the fundamental elements of leadership. The third truth discusses the prospect that many individuals will form opinions of a leader and an organization, prior to a formal meeting. This may be a result of an encounter involving the assistant. These encounters may cause individuals to form a predetermined notion of what the organization represents. For this reason, it is essential that the organization spend time selecting the proper candidate for the position.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Sociology, Focus]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Being a leader in a school takes a lot more than just dedication and hard work, sometimes it takes a lot more. It was particularly hard for me my junior year of high school. It was a tough year I remember it had been one of the longest years in school. Everyone in school was struggling to get through each class. I remember entering the school and watching students pass by like zombies everyone looked as if they were hungry for winter break. I said goodbye to my friends and hurried to class grazing the shoulders of other late students as I ran.... [tags: Family, High school, Friendship]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- My research focused on chapter ten of the book “Treat People Right”, (Lawler, 2003). I felt that this book was very inspiring and provided a lot of new ideas that can easily be implemented. This research focused on the important aspects of being an effective leader. Organization are looking for leaders that bring new ideas and change to an organization, (Lawler, 2003). A leader needs to show strategic thinking skills and a willingness to implement new practices in achieving success, (Lawler, 2003).... [tags: Management, Leadership, Ethical leadership]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- A leader is described as a person who guides others and has authority and influence over others. They work to influence others into meeting certain goals. There is no right or wrong definition of a leader and there is no recipe that ensures effective leadership. Successful leaders have a good balance of vision, influence, and power. Leaders gain their authority from their ability to influence others to get the work done; because of this, anyone has the potential to be a leader. (Finkelman. 2012, p15) Being a nurse means being a leader.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Fiedler contingency model]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- Leaders are people who can make success and failure for their business or organization. They have a very big impact of their organization’s life, therefore without a good leader it is impossible for an organization to reach their goals. Leader who has moral leadership is someone who knows what is right and what is wrong to make a decision and they are who can inspire and motivate their employee. Being moral leader has many advantages in many aspects for a company or an organization. This essay will show many reasons why there are many advantages for being moral leader in company or organization such as decrease liability, employee’s performance, high quality of customer’s services, increase... [tags: Management, Business ethics, Ethics, Leadership]
716 words (2 pages)
- Being a Good Leader in the Marines “In order to be a good leader, there are two things to remember. Lead from the Front and always set the Example. From these two leadership principles, everything else will fall into place.” These are the words that have ended all of my counseling sheets with since I began writing them as a Corporal and will continue to do as long as I counsel Marines. I was brought up in the Marine Corps with this philosophy and have adopted it as my own. Leading from the front is often times one of the leadership principles that is easier said by some than actually done.... [tags: Marines Leadership Counseling Advice Essays]
787 words (2.2 pages)