Political consultants have been making an impact on elections in a variety of forms. The political consulting occupation falls under two broad categories of employment, Contracting and Consulting. Contracted political consultants are typically hired for one project. The relationship with the candidate is more technical than personal. Consulters are usually hired by multiple customers at one time and have a long term relationship ...
... middle of paper ...
...nne. "Six-figure jobs: Politics as a career ." CNNMoney.com. CNN, 7 Jan. 2005. Web. 18 Apr. 2011.
"Services." James R. Foster & Associates Inc., Republican Political Consultants. ColourPrep, n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2011.
Strother, Raymond. "The Evolving Business of Political Consulting." CompleteCampaigns. Complete Campaigns, n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2011.
"What Does a Demographer Do?." wiseGEEK. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2011.
"What Is a Pollster?." wiseGEEK. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2011.
"Media Consulting." PoliticalConsulting.info. Savi Political Consulting, LLC, n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Behind the scenes of Manifest Destiny What Really transformed the country was the ability to move products across great distances and the Erie Canal was a huge turning point for economic growth in America. Opened in 1825, The Erie Canal was the engineering breakthrough of the nineteenth century: Its Four waterways would connect manufacturing and eastern ports with the rest of the country. Farmers could now ship their goods, they can move out, come down the Hudson river and this way of commute became a part of a global economy.... [tags: United States, American Civil War, Mexico]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Topic: Describe the role of media in politics. Role of Media in Politics The current role of mass media in politics has definitely played a significant role in how view and react to certain events and issues of the nation. Newspapers, magazines, television and radio are some of the ways information is passed onto many of the citizens. The World Wide Web is also an information superhighway, but not all of the sources on the Internet are credible. Therefore, I will only focus on the main three types of media: written, viewed, and audible, and how they affect whether or not democracy is being upheld in the land of the free.... [tags: Elections, Democracy, Liberalism]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- The Politics of Space Exploration The simple commanding beauty of the moments before lift-off—thrusters ignited as dazzling shades of fire and smoke shatter the dreams of the sleeping rocket, contrasted by a flawlessly infinite blue sky and heightened by an almost surreal apprehension—depict the dramatic perfection that is space exploration. This image frozen in time, however captivating and serene, often overshadows the hidden agendas and secret dealings that go on behind the scenes. In reality, the probing of space has just as much to do with politics as with mankind’s actual zest for knowledge.... [tags: Space Exploration Essays]
2856 words (8.2 pages)
- Introduction One of the reasons behind the success of the Nazi Party in taking over Germany is on its extensive use of propaganda. Adolf Hitler, known for his penchant for populism, rendered the strong impact of images, films and other materials attributed to Nazism as essential for the political success of the Nazi Party and its agenda for Germany. As an authoritarian leader, Hitler saw the importance of extracting the patronage of the Germans not through forceful means, but through convincing and motivating measures that enticed their mental faculties.... [tags: propaganda, nazism, german facism]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- There are thousands of years of history that have taken place. History is not like art(less subjective), but there is still plenty of room for speculation, criticism, and debate among historians, professors, as well as average citizens. However, not all these moments are documented, or done successfully specifically. Some of these moments end up becoming movies, books, or even historical fiction novels, but what about those fundamental moments that aren’t readily documented. In the book The Birth of Modern Politics Lynn Hudson Parsons claims that the 1828 election was momentous in the history of both political history, as well as our nation.... [tags: Lynn Hudson Parsons, political history, opinion]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- Day after day we read in the newspapers and about the political turmoil and the candidates and email and the struggle of American politics. I strive to read more than just those articles, since I want to learn about the real struggles of the American people. I want to learn about the bigger problems behind the scenes in the US and what can be done to help. This was the reasoning for the choice of my article for this week’s critique on addiction and the story of Amanda with a heat wrenching addition to Heroin and her journey through it all.... [tags: Heroin, Addiction, Drug addiction, Morphine]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- In A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, Stephen Dedalus, reacts towards his parents the same as many typical modern-day adolescents and adolescents of the early 1900s. Stephen's attitude and feelings towards his parents change throughout the course of this book. His feelings change in a pattern similar to one of typical adolescents. Adolescent attitudes have not changed much throughout the years. Adolescents change physically and emotionally during the early years of their life.... [tags: Art, James Joyce]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- In A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, Stephen Dedalus, reacts towards his parents the same as many typical modern-day adolescents and adolescents of the early 1900s. Stephen's attitude and feelings towards his parents change throughout the course of this book. His feelings change in a pattern similar to one of typical adolescents. Adolescent attitudes have not changed much throughout the years. Adolescents change physically and emotionally during the early years of their life.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Dedalus]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- BEHIND THE SCENES In the aftermath of the untimely death of Princess Diana a timeworn issue re-plays itself like a tired re-run of “The Honeymooners.'; Does the media go too far. Maybe. But like any other commodity, supply and demand go hand and glove. Whether a high profile celebrity or an every-day Joe, we sit glued to our chairs as the nightly news somberly announces society’s latest barbarity. We eagerly snatch up the tabloids as these mudslingers breathlessly divulge their version of the most recent Hollywood gossip.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1915 words (5.5 pages)
- The Simpsons When the FOX network aired "The Simpsons" in 1989, the show brought the yellow-skinned and four-fingered cartoon characters named Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie Simpson into millions of American living rooms. This bent archetype of the American family, as well as the hundreds of zany characters that populate their all-American hometown of Springfield, fast became the targets of enormous criticism. Elementary schools banned T-shirts bearing the images of the Simpson family and their slogans.... [tags: Cartoons Politics Argumentative America Essays]
1194 words (3.4 pages)