Setting fitness goals are one of the most common resolutions included in most people’s list. Unfortunately for many, this desire soon fizzled out in a week or two and this is because of lack of planning and setting unrealistic goals. Some tend to choose fitness activities that require a lot of time and planning, while others choose those that doesn’t need a lot of maintenance such as running and jogging. Running is probably one of the best form of exercise everyone can do; however, some people just run without realizing that they’re doing it the wrong way. Here are several running tips for beginners:
Plan your Schedule
Like any other exercise routine, setting a specific schedule for running is important. For beginners, most fitness experts recommend at least 30 minutes a day, three to five times a week. Running too far and too fast is the number one cause of injury among runners, thus it is best to start gently and increase the pace and distance gradually for a more positive result. Keeping a running journal or log is also a great way to track your progress. It also allows you to tune up your running routine if necessary.
Set a goal
Setting a goal is important when starting a fitness routine. It helps you to stay focused and motivated throughout your exercise. Writing it down and posting it to an area where you can see it every day is also a good idea. Make sure that your goals are specific, attainable, measurable, timely and realistic to help you progress continually while limiting possible lapses. It is also recommended to categorize goals as short-term or long-term so that you would be able to focus on one goal at a time. It also allows you to adjust physically and mentally to the ch...
... middle of paper ...
...ring, thus it is best to try different routes as you progress. Trails in woods, hills and beaches are also great places to run, since it allows you to enjoy your surroundings even while working out. You can also add variation by doing other activities such as cycling and aerobics. Try to add at least 20 minutes of strength workout in your routine twice a week as well. This will help you to build muscle and bone density, which can protect you against injuries.
Track what you eat
Exercise is not the only solution in losing weight or keeping yourself healthy. Your eating habits play a big role in helping you achieve your fitness goals. Make sure to keep an eye on everything that you eat. Try to avoid colas, candies and foods that are high in salt and sugar. Fruits and vegetables should comprise most of your diet since it contains fewer calories and more filling.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Beginners Guide to Becoming an Angler It is a cool summer morning; an angler trolls around a point on the ghostly lake. He is casting a buzz bait out on top of the calm water. He slowly reels in as the aluminum propeller buzzes through the fog. All of a sudden, through the fog a bass shoots out off the water snatching the bait. The angler experiences a rush. As the adrenaline kicks in, he pulls hard on the rod and hooks the scaly predator in the mouth. So begins the life and death struggle. The man reels and pulls, while the fish swims for dear life, hoping to snap the line as it is getting ever closer to the fisherman’s boat.... [tags: fishing, fish, casting, bait, sport]
2222 words (6.3 pages)
- ... • Teach you the right technique and form. • Keep track of your progress. • Update fitness program based on your progress and increased fitness level. • Provide motivation. • Offer advice on proper nutrition and lifestyle. Qualifications Needed for the Job In a fitness regime you will be exerting yourself physically and mentally to achieve a healthier self. Your safety might also be at risk as you undergo rigorous exercises and practices. This is why it is important to get a fitness instructor qualified and certified for the job.... [tags: fitness, health, exercise]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- A fitness boot camp is a kind of physical training program, which is conducted by personal trainers, gyms and other military personals. These programs have continued to increase in the past few years. Boot camp training will often combine interval training, running and many other exercises, like using weights for losing body fat, increasing cardiovascular efficiency and increasing strength. Many programs offered in boot camp are for nutrition advice as well. The term ‘boot camp’ is used because it will train people, mostly outdoors and this may not be always similar to military training.... [tags: Fitness]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Thanks to the gladdening variety of programs, sometimes beginners face hard times finding what's best, mistakenly forcing them into schedules that are too difficult. Unlike general affinities, our bodies love a specific healthy routine which is not forcing muscles and bones. For that reason, it's important to start with easy programs. Either you decide to perform your exercises individually or in a small group both of the options will work well. Trainers are more and more specialized in group therapies providing a healthy education for maintaining a body fit that large corporate companies started making sure their employers follow a fitness program.... [tags: program, trainers, programs, running]
520 words (1.5 pages)
- Medical experts vindicate that following a regular fitness program is one of the most important things people can do to improve their health and prevent disease. Exercising makes the heart stronger and develop into a more efficient muscle. What else can regular fitness do for you. Improves Mental Focus Exercise improves your mental focus. Experts say that regular exercise helps keep your brain sharp by improving your focus and concentration. Studies show exercising decreases the chance of Alzheimer's disease.... [tags: Fitness]
687 words (2 pages)
- Moving from one place to another is a necessity for almost every living organism. Whether it be sliding, walking, jumping, crawling, or flying, movement is bound to happen sometime. Humans like to move from place to place quickly without doing any work. Since running is work, humans generally avoid it if possible. There tends to be some unfavorable expression like a grimace or a sigh accompanying the quote, “I think I have to go running.” Although hated among many people throughout the world, the positive sides of running can be enough to turn the lazy into the hardworking.... [tags: Fitness]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Crossfit: Forging Elite Fitness Elite athletes to grandmothers can use the Crossfit method of fitness to achieve their fitness goals. It is the best and most well rounded fitness program there is in achieving general fitness. Whatever your fitness level and goals, Crossfit has something to offer everyone. Since its inception it has grown in popularity and has helped many reach maximum levels of fitness. This is why Crossfit is the best fitness program there is. Body: The Crossfit Fitness Organization was founded in 1996 by Coach Greg Glassman.... [tags: Fitness, Entrepreneurship]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Runners are always looking for ways to become faster. An easy way to drop tremendous time and make the entire running experience easier is to improve running form. Culture has a great impact on running form; from African to Mexican tribal runners, to commercialization of strange alternatives to mainstream footwear, culture impacts every one of us. The lower body plays an obvious role in running, with emphasis on the calves, quadriceps and hamstrings. The upper body plays a key role in running as well, although its purpose is not always agreed upon.... [tags: Fitness]
2312 words (6.6 pages)
- Running is very good for humans in many different ways. It is a great way to get exercise, and a great way to meet new people. There are many positives, and some negatives, it is easy, enjoyable and makes humans more social, you can do it at anytime, and it relieves stress rather than give stress. Although there are some negatives with running, there are also many positives. Many people run because of the health reasons. It is good for the heart and lungs and people run in the fresh air. Running outside rather than inside is good for you too because of the fresh air.... [tags: exercise, running, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- In this study, I investigate the affects that running has on reducing the risk of some health problems. I am doing this because I run about 40 to 60 miles per week, and my family has a history of health problems. For instance, my grandfather suffered a heart attack, and he also had cancer when he was about the age of 50. Furthermore, my grandfather, on my dad’s side of the family, has also had triple bi-pass heart surgery from a heart attack he has had recently. Here, I present information from some sources that talk about the affects that running has on reducing health risks.... [tags: essays research papers]
513 words (1.5 pages)
- The Growing Popularity of Digital Currencies
- Molecular Genetic Testing and Risk Assessment of Releasing Nonpathogenic Fusarium Oxysporum
- Comparing and Contrasting the Ideolodies of Booker T. Washington and W.E.B Du Bois
- When The Day Becomes A Year While Traveling
- The Moderating Effect of Caregivers’ Responses on Pain Behaviors
- Golden Dagger