Engage the Groups
By now, you should have joined groups in your industry, now is the time to contribute. Being a member of the industry, you’re bound to have an opinion on industry matters, feel free to share them with others. Look for topics with a lot of comments and have your say.
You can also respond to other people’s comments if you feel your response can add value to the conversation.
If you are consistent with commenting and sharing, the LinkedIn platform places you on a leader board of sorts, ‘recognizing’ you as one of the Top influencers on a weekly basis. This ‘social proof’ can help sway group members’ perception of you as a thought leader.
Note that if your posting frequency declines, so does your ‘standing.’ Remember the leader board is updated weekly, if your posting frequency falls off, so do you.
To avoid this, focus on building a dedicated following and funnel them into your other marketing channels.
One way to do this right is through content marketing. On LinkedIn, just any content won’t do. First off, you can’t bamboozle other industry pros, plus posting crappy content will quickly get you the SWAM ban.
To attract people to your network, you have to show you have some value to add. A little preparation in the form of research into topics that have resonated, garnered the most comments and shares will let you gauge what the groups are passionate about. Knowing this will help when you start your creating content and sparking discussions.
Attracting the ideal audience is down to the quality of content you create. Remember folks on LinkedIn are a clued-in and industry-savvy bunch; they spend time here to find content that’s useful to t...
... middle of paper ...
...is extension can even have its own followers and status updates.
Using Sponsored Updates
For first-time publishers with no followers, LinkedIn’s Sponsored Updates will deliver your company updates to the feeds of users. Sponsored Updates allow you deliver articles, infographics, PDFs and videos to millions of users, depending on your budget.
This can quickly help you drive engagement, build a list of followers and subscribers.
As part of a broader marketing strategy, using LinkedIn is an invaluable piece. Call it advanced blogging, call it social media marketing, just understand the power of this platform to reach an already-interested demographic. Don’t be so wary of it that you never do anything with the info you have.
Let Search & More show your business new ways to use ‘old’ marketing. Contact us for a social media audit, marketing plan or just to talk shop.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tattoos Tattoos are a controversial subject in the world we live in. The kind of people that get tattoos is now varied to almost all humans regardless of race, religion, or age. What many people fail to understand or realize is how much of an effect a tattoo can have on the rest of your life. The original tattoo stereotypes have faded from what they were many years ago and yet tattoos still have a reputation as for what kind of people get tattoos. There are many reasons as to why people would get a tattoo but there are many reason why you should think before you ink.... [tags: Tattooing, Tattoo, United States, Permanent makeup]
2488 words (7.1 pages)
- The Show (1995) is a documentary that portrays the hip hop industry and how artists are affected before and after making it big. The documentary also depicts the influence of commercialization in the industry. The Show focuses on hip-hop’s finer elements and the notions that envelop the genre—art and business, fantasy and reportage, naïveté and cynicism. This documentary shows that some of the artists believe that the success they have been given benefits not only them, but the members of society.... [tags: Documentary, Hip Hop Industry]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Good Restaurant Management is vital for succeful businesses. The managers are people in charge of the restaurant to make sure food is good and customers are happy. A Knowledge of Restaurant management creates a good restaurant to run smoothly and go strong so more and more customers come back to enjoy the food, it’s also good to know what restaurant management is, what skills are needed to become one, what operational risks, what career opportunities, and what salary is. Running a restaurant can be one of the most stressful jobs as well as the most fun and rewarding job.... [tags: food industry, fast food]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Becoming a Visible Man was an insightful and intriguing book to read for this course. It first caught my attention with the picture of the author on the cover smiling next to a billboard of a man bursting through water, almost as if he was being reborn. The process of being reborn was then seen as a common theme throughout the autobiography. The concepts of transsexualism caught my attention during class because I was least familiar with this sub population of individuals within the queer community.... [tags: political and emotional challenges]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Arguments for Turkey not becoming a Member of the EU Student’s Name Institutional Affiliation Arguments for Turkey not becoming a Member of the EU Introduction It is clear that, the history of union among the European countries can be traced way back from 1951 with the formation of the European Coal and Steel Community, and this has steady being achieved through treaties and establishment of common trading blocks. This way, member states have significantly benefited in various ways such as improved bargaining power in the international markets, raised security levels, as well as cautioning member states from financial collapse.... [tags: European Union, Treaty of Lisbon, United Kingdom]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- Reaching my goal in becoming a member of the National Honor Society would give me a great sense of pride both academically and personally. As a person I have ambition, academic excellence, and great decision making skills to offer to the NHS. For example, ever since I was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society I have been striving to do my academic best for a chance to be in the NHS. I show this with my 4.0 G.P.A that I have held for six straight quarters. This shows my determination to be a part of an organization that will better this community for future generations to come.... [tags: Personal Experience]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- As I look back on my communication class, I feel I was not only having a wonderful and funny class during the whole semester, but also harvested many necessary communication and cooperation skills in each group projects. In the beginning of the semester, I wrote my first evaluation to appraise myself by the nine core small group communication competencies. After 12 weeks, I thought I got some improvements in some aspects. In the following paragraph I will discuss each of the competencies to analysis my effort of becoming an effective team member.... [tags: Idea, Thought, Psychology, Mind]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- The task of interpreting William T. Vollmann’s works seems as monumental for the reader as writing the story oneself. The text of “The Visible Spectrum”, in fact, does not feature any extensively challenging vocabulary or particularly thwarting subject matter; yet it would seem that in all of its “objectivity” and “transparency”, there lies no obvious, dominant or intended interpretation. The narrative is ambiguous in its “message” to an infinite degree, and thus the reader must construct its “meaning” given only scraps of discontinuous plot, description and dialogue.... [tags: Visible Spectrum]
1897 words (5.4 pages)
- Becoming a Buddhist and Being a Member of Religion According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary, there is more than one meaning for the term religion. A first definition is that religion is 'the belief in a superhuman controlling power, especially in a personal God or gods entitled to obedience and worship.' Buddha himself is not seen as a God, nor is he himself worshipped as a God. Buddhist thinking does not centre around a venerated person, either a God or gods. Buddha is not a God and neither is he someone sent by a God or gods to help people.... [tags: Free Essays]
367 words (1 pages)
- L.A. Gang Member by Sanyika Shakur Kody Scott grew up in South Central L.A. during the nineteen-sixties and seventies, soon after the creation of the Crips. Raised in poverty without a father, and a full family raised solely by his mother, Kody Scott led the stereotypical “ghetto” life, a poor and broken home. However he does not blame this on his own personal decision to join the Crips while only eleven year’s old. The allure of the respect and “glory” that “bangers” got, along with the unity of the “set”(name for the specific gang) is what drew him into the gang.... [tags: Monster Autobiography L.A. Gang Member Essays]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- The National Association Of School Psychologists
- Innovation Between A Leader And Follower
- Email Marketing : Improve Your Email Open Rates
- Analysis On The Robbery Involving Our Client, Rob Burr
- Appealing Characteristics Of The Student Affairs Profession
- Wedding Picnics At Beach Cove 's Outdoor Wedding Venues