Despite all the money and cool opportunities the job may give you ...
... middle of paper ...
...other has always told me it’s not mostly about what you know but about who you know. I have proven that multiple times and have heard that from multiple people. I believe that the more people you know, the more likely you are to have a door opened for you. That’s why internships are so important because if they you are doing a good job and you create a relationship with whoever you’re doing the internship with, it will be so much easier for you to get the job there or at other companies where he or she might know people and can put in a good word for you. He has also advised me that I make great relationships with people at school because you never know when that person could be an important person of a business and you might be needed of a job and so if you have a great relationship with them, this could cause you to have a great possibility to get a job with them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As an OD consultant for Woodland Security Services there will be a determination about the human resource/organizational difficulties of the business and suggest a strategy that is best suited for the concern. Once the issue has been identified development of a plan will be discussed; documented and afterwards a discussion of how the plan should be implemented to benefit the organization, employees and their customers. Once the organization goes along with the plan improvement will be seen slowly increasing and eventually hitting their projected segment of the market.... [tags: Security guard, Employment, Problem solving]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Describe how reflexive capabilities are relevant (or not) to a career in management consultancy. "Management consultancy is the provision to management of objective advice and assistance relating to the strategy, structure, management and operations of an organisation in pursuit of its long-term purposes and objectives. Such assistance may include the identification of options with recommendations; the provision of an additional resource and/or the implementation of solutions (Institute of Consulting, 2014).” Through management consultancy which will enhance the understanding of professional services in career, companies increase awareness and diffusion of it insight complication.... [tags: Management consulting, Management, Consultant]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- According to our strategic guidelines, one of the main goals of the Transport Development Department is to provide technical knowledge and managerial expertise to Support Latin American and Caribbean countries in the process of creating effective transport policies and improving the implementation of transport projects. Additionally, 60 % of consultancies hired by the Department are directed to help our specialists create knowledge necessary for project execution and the publication of knowledge products.... [tags: Knowledge management, Knowledge, Tacit knowledge]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- How to Decide OD Consultants Competencies The process of choosing the correct Organizational Development consultant for a particular company can be very stressful and time consuming. Many factors may come into play such as are they detailed, how is the consultant known (good or bad), and how do their specific skills fit your companies needs. All of these are questions a company should ask and research when looking for the proper Organizational Development Consultant. Research has shown several methods on how to get the right fit for your company and I’ve narrowed down eleven of the best ways for a firm to choose their consultant and this is what was found.... [tags: Organizational Strategy Business Decision Analysis]
1968 words (5.6 pages)
- Task 3(b) An internal consultant is, at first glance, just like an external consultant: a professional that is hired to solve an organisational problem and implement the solutions in order to improve the performance of an organisation. Both types of consultants can work within all possible management and organisational areas from strategic planning to mergers and acquisitions, finance, organisation efficiency, process improvement and technology. Similar to external consultants, their sometimes competing internal colleagues can also function as advisors, change agents, execution facilitators, coaches or trainers.... [tags: Management consulting, Consultant]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Being a detective was a fantasy that charmed me deeply in my childhood. Every night before sleep, my father always told me the stories from the Sherlock Holmes. Beside those fantastic stories, what I truly enjoyed and admired was the sophisticated problem-solving skills that Sherlock had. It was he, who can resolve the complex evidence network by infinitesimal links and then reveal the entire plot precisely in the end. I really wish I could achieve what Sherlock is capable of, however, thanks to the prosperous world we are living in and the great development in the economy, my dream could now be fulfilled by becoming a detective in financial fields – the consultant.... [tags: Finance, Economics, Corporate finance]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction The review set out to discuss the statement "It is the consultant’s responsibility to facilitate client decision-making, not change the decisions the client would have made anyway" (Wickham and Wickham 2008). To do so, the review firstly outlines the client- consultant relationship and the consultant’s responsibility and role once they are hired, in light of the work of prominent authors like Appelbaum (2004), Calvert (2005) and O’Mahoney (2010). Then, the review analyses the client’s decision-making processes and consultant’s role in it, with help of authors like Wickham and Wickham (2008), Schein (1997) and Turner (1982).... [tags: A Consultant's Responsibility]
2319 words (6.6 pages)
- “Ask yourself if what you’re doing today getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow”. This quote has empowered me to take a deeper look at my current situation to decide the next step to reaching success. Ever since I could remember, I was always fond of working in corporate development as a business analyst consultant for a top management team of a financial company. After having two years of related work experience as business analyst in the healthcare industry, I want to push myself to gain the necessary knowledge to pursue a better career.... [tags: Management, Decision making, Business terms]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Technological intensity India is growing as a forceful automotive R&D hub alongside external contestants like Hyundai, Suzuki, Finished Motors setting up center in India. This move is more enhanced by Government’s prop towards setting up center’s for progress and innovation. Tata Nano’s prosperous entry in the Indian marketplace has steamed up the opportunities of development obtainable in alternative segments like mechanical cars, vehicles run on usual gas, etc. Indian automotive industry urgently needs technologies to produce gas effectual, environmental approachable, lighter, safer, and price competitive engines and vehicles.... [tags: technology, car segmentation, competitive]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Being a student of Information Management, soon after my graduation, I would like to position myself as a business consultant in a reputed multinational firm. The role of a business consultant in an organization possesses significant importance as it helps to understand the customer need and create business to the company. Furthermore, information technology is growing to new heights every day and it is more pervasive and affordable. Piccoli’s four components of information systems are most important to any organization.... [tags: Management, Strategic management]
1663 words (4.8 pages)