Not every student has the same privilege, as benefiting from an education. There are students who are lucky enough to say that they have extra help when need it. As Rose notes, “these two boys are learning a lot at home that is directly related to academic success, and their parents – and the people they hired – provide an entire program of (technologically rich)”, these boys are more than lucky when it comes to needing extra help they have every helping hand that they need (p.87). There are some who have every type of support, while others have no type of suppor...
... middle of paper ...
... out of school for no reason they would get kicked out of school.
Success in education is not based on brain capacity, it all depends on study skills develops from practice through time. As for myself, I need to spend more time focusing on school by setting my goals. I learned that it’s important to set goals to be able to accomplished things. Certain study practices that I need to develop to become successful – use an appointment book, be an active reader, know my learning style, takes notes, participate, and organize my study materials. If would keep all my deadline assignment, test dates on appointment book, I would be procrastinating or missing assignments. When reading it important highlight, make notes, and understand what their reading. Learned that everyone learns different, everyone needs to develop their own techniques and strategies to become successful.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Becoming a good student for most is not an easy task. One may be asking if there is a definite way to distinguish a good student and the answer is it 's merely impossible to say a student is considered “good” based on only one factor. Many people define good students as kids who have the best grade in the class. Since most of the time this is true, grades can only be looked at as a single way of how we define the term “good”. We must remember that even poor students can earn high grades occasionally, thus proving why grades are not the best indicator of a student’s quality.... [tags: Education, Learning, Psychology, Intelligence]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- I 'm William, in my early forties, and I would never have thought I 'd end up back in school for any reason. After being passed over for promotions to become a member of management where I work. I decided that enrolling in schooling might give me an advantage for my next chance to advance or open the opportunity to find a better job. Thus, lead to becoming a Penn Foster student in the Associate 's degree program for Business management. I knew that the normal college experience was a bit out of the question as my schedule at work would not allow for.... [tags: Housekeeping, Homemaker, Homework, Facebook]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Becoming A College Student Many studies now show that it doesn’t take a college degree to become successful but what people define success as is different for everybody. Success in my perspective is being educated in many different areas, being able to support yourself and your family to the best of your ability, and achieving as many of your goals as you can. Sometimes life gets in the way and may make it seem like it’s impossible but, often times you will find yourself with advantages that could potentially help you become who you want to be.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Family]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Face-to-face education is slowly becoming a thing of the past, while “convenience” is becoming more common. Many students are trying to find a balance between family, work, and school therefor participating in online courses has made it easier for students to accomplish their goals, while still maintaining their day-to-day lives. Although this sounds great for some students, distant learning is definitely not meant for all. Self-discipline plays huge factor when participating in online education, but what many people do not understand, is in order to truly grasp the concept of “self-discipline, one must have motivation, self-control, and persistence.... [tags: Education, History of education, Student]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- One would think, choosing a university would be easy. For some that choice is easy, at first, however a quick uneducated decision could lead too the transfer of schools and loss of earned credits in the process. Before I dive into my choice to attend Excelsior, let 's go back to May 21, 2001, the day I graduated high school. I was a young man, from a small town, where college is the last thing on everyone’s mind. The high school I attended, provided very little education on attending universities.... [tags: High school, College, Vocational school, School]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- “Being a teacher is easy” a stereotype that us teacher or soon to be teachers hear so much. Certain people do not understand that there is much more to being a teacher than just summers off. Becoming a teacher requires a lot of responsibility. Not just the responsibility, but dealing with the issues that come with being a part of the education foundation. Being a part of CI 204 class has opened my eye s tremendously. Each article I have read; I have learned something new that in the future will benefit me when I am a teacher.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Lesson plan, School]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Nothing in life worth doing is easy. In America, an average eighteen year old has been in school for twelve years. Twelve long years of being forced to sit in a desk in a dimly lit room for seven hours a day. Some students take their chances and quit immediately after high school. Entering an unforgiving world and making their own luck. Some students go to a four year university. They spend four years in challenging academic environment, learning an advanced set of skills for their chosen profession.... [tags: Medical school, Physician, Doctor of Medicine]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- When I was in middle school I never thought that I would be choosing a career that would involve teaching; however, when I was in 9th grade I had an awesome math teacher, Bethany Allen, who would to inspire me to become a teacher. She encouraged and loved her students so well and was always there to help them become the best they could be. Because, of my 9th grade teacher I am trying to become a teacher for elementary students. Becoming a teacher has many high times. For example, when one finally sees a student get the material that they have been struggling with.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, School]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Just like Rawlings had once said, “I am able to make a significant impact on the lives of children and families that use this setting” (128). This can be true for those who have the passion and want to change lives, but how does someone change a life on another human being. Does it start from becoming a fireman, a policeman, or even a doctor. These are all great ways to change a life, but this writer is going to talk about how becoming an Early Childhood Educator can change the life of a child. Working with children at a young age can be a great challenge, but having the feeling of success makes all the difficulties disappear.... [tags: Early childhood education, Education, Childhood]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- My Views and Goals on Education I have to agree with Socrates when he says that children are born naturally good and society makes them bad. I believe that God gives everyone the same opportunities in life. What you do with the abilities he gives you is your decision. Becoming a schoolteacher to me is the best thing a person can do in life. You have the opportunity to individually help a child broaden their learning skills and help give them a chance at a better life. Discipline is something I feel a teacher should have in the classroom.... [tags: Teaching Education Reflective Writing Essays]
845 words (2.4 pages)