In addition, I know that pediatric nursing is a challenging career path of studying because I will be dealing with children at age 0-18 years old who have different health needs. However, I know that the challenges will not only rely on the children, but also their parents or guardians. Meanwhile, though to become a pediatric nurse is challenging, but I am fully aware that it is a rewarding career to studying and have achieve something greater.
First of all, my knowledge of becoming a pediatric nurse does not only rely on the physical aspects or well-being of a child, but also the intellectual, emotional, social alongside spiritual aspects of the child. However, I know that for an individual to defined health, we need to look at all these aspects of the individual. Alongside this, I also know that to become a pediatric nurse it involves excellent skills such as: effective communication, teamwork, good time management, decision making, applying numeracy, adaptability and problem solving skills. However, these are all skills that I have and...
... middle of paper ...
...is helping me greatly as to what it means to make difference in the lives of others.
Beside the above experience, I also work closely with children at home, church and activities places and I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with them. I like getting children involved in activities that keep them busy. Alongside this, I like the idea of them sharing their moments with me while carrying out the activities as this is another way of understanding them better.
In contrast, in my spare time I like to socialize, go out with friends and family, read books, listening to music, cooking, cleaning up the house and most importantly, doing research on my course work.
Overall, I am so privileged, passionate, enthusiastic, determined and motivated to enter into university to pursue my career to the next level to become a pediatric nurse in the next three years time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people have told me that my educational career goal is difficult to achieve, and it most likely is. I have dreamed of becoming a doctor since I was seven years old and now, I am one step closer. I will be majoring in Biomedical Science (Pre-Professional Concentration) at the University of Central Florida in hopes of attending Medical School. As of right now, I am deeply considering the career path of an Obstetric Gynecologist. During the summer of 2014, I attended the National Youth Leadership Forum: Careers in Medicine, a medical program, at Nova Southeastern University.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical school, Pediatrics]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- In my junior year of high school I was expected to be one of the top runners for my schools cross country team. I had trained the off season and my times had dropped exponentially compared to the seasons before. Unfortunately that year I was unfairly sidelined by a stress fracture in the tibia of my right leg. After discovering that I had this injury I did my own extensive research as to how this injury occurred, how I could speed up my recovery, and how to prevent another injury like this from occurring.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- Medicine is a field that has always aroused my interest and which I still find captivating. Getting into medical would simply be a childhood dream coming true. I can’t tell whether my attraction to medicine arises from the knowledge or from the sense of achievement that come with being a doctor. However, I strongly believe that medicine is the right career path for me since I am organized and disciplined, not to mention that it would also fulfill my desire of social implication. Some people doubt my career choice because medical studies are long and known as arduous.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry]
713 words (2 pages)
- Ever since I can remember, I have always tried to negotiate for my family and friends during an argument or disagreement. I enjoy helping opposing sides of a quarrel come to an acceptable conclusion. Because of my mitigation abilities, many of my friends have suggested that they could see me becoming a lawyer when I grow up. However, I have little patience for all of the legal maneuvering and formalities found in a typical courtroom proceeding. I had all but dismissed this career path until I heard about the role of an arbitrator.... [tags: Law, Arbitration, Common law, Juris Doctor]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- In four months I will be done with high school, and the time has come for me to go to college and learn a career. The career that I plan on choosing is a mechanical engineer. A mechanical engineer is a very broad career path with many jobs available. “These jobs can range from someone designing parts for space shuttles, buildings, computers, cars, and various other important mechanical parts that are necessary for today’s society” (bls.gov) . The part of mechanical engineering that I want to go into is the design of automotive engines.... [tags: career, college]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- As a non-traditional student, I have a plethora of experiences that have led me toward the path I am pursing today. I took a sabbatical after high school, opting to spend the next few years traveling the country on a mission to find my true self. Throughout my journey I learned more about life than I had ever anticipated. I was not only forced to expose the true depths of myself, but I also experienced the very essence of mankind. Seeing what the land had to offer conjured a level of personal strength that I never knew I was capable of.... [tags: Psychology, Behavior, Applied behavior analysis]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Introduction In the future, I hope to pursue my career dream of becoming a pediatrician. Pediatricians can be identified individuals who specialize in giving medical care to children and adolescents between infancy to adulthood at eighteen years of age. I became inspired to become a pediatrician due to my immense love of children. Perhaps I have an innate intuition for taking care of people being that I have always felt that I excel at taking care of others. The idea of taking care of others truly makes me feel that I serve a purpose, not only to better the life of myself but the life of others.... [tags: Medicine, Medical school, Pediatrics, Physician]
2099 words (6 pages)
- ... When listening in class and from looking at the textbook the Holland Personality and Career Types table was a huge help. The diagram help me realize that I have a social personality, which a nurse is listed as one of the recommended occupations. The social personality is described as people who describe themselves as kind, caring, helpful and understanding of others. This type of personality fits in well with the type of work environment one were to experience as a nurse. A nurse must be kind and care for each patient that they have, as well as to be understanding as every patient is different.... [tags: career, degree, flexibility]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Education is held to the highest regard no matter what location one lives in. Without any form of education or knowledge on what shapes the world, the deeper connection between events and the human mind would lay untouched. In order for an individual to understand his/her country, it is imperative that they study cultural literature. It allows for an individual to gain stability in their own country as well as becoming open-minded about their surroundings and other cultures. Studying of cultural literature will promote an individual to become open-minded.... [tags: Culture ]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- The job outlook for lawyers increases by six percent in the next seven years and I will be going that growth as I pursue my goal to become one. I decided I wanted to become a lawyer last year, while watching the television series How I Met Your Mother. In the show, the main character, Ted Mosby’s best friend, Marshall Erickson, becomes a lawyer because it was his dream to preserve the world for his children and everybody else's children. I then realized that I want to preserve the future for my children as well.... [tags: Law, Legal education, Learning, Law school]
1688 words (4.8 pages)