I am an organizer and in this I find great pleasure, pulling out my planner every month and making lists, crossing out lists is the best. For example, my first learning goal was to learn how to plan club meetings. This was by far my favorite goal I set for my project. This meant I had to gather supplies, get permission, create posters, stay in budget and keep paperwork organized, as well as stay within deadlines. I found this the easiest and most joyful. Though at first it was difficult because I was counting on myself to complete everything, after I began to understand the place of my cabinet I was then able to deviate much of the tasks. When each meeting came I was able to feel relieved as everything was in place and ready. This allowed for each meeting to be stress free and everything was simply ready. These meeting have consisted of planning meetings such as a back to school meeting, and discussing the masquerad...
... middle of paper ...
...ense of confidence and feel as managing a group of artist backstage either in a high fashion or movie scene is what I will strive to be in life. My current career interest will carry me to complete my eleven month secondary education program, the Global Program, at Blanche MacDonald in Vancouver B.C., where I will be certified in various makeup artist required certifications as well as be en route to being a member of the makeup union and become a strong candidate for employment in a variety of jobs.
Now that I have completed my senior project, and in reflecting on my project I am able to confidently say I am better able to manage as well as that I have chosen a career path that coincides with my interests. I am looking forward to going out into the world and sharing this passion with even more people, and to be able to inspire those around me through my expression.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Dominican Republic is a land of contrasts – the physical kind, like the highest peak, and the lowest point in the Caribbean. The more metaphorical kind, like that between the urban street life of Santo Domingo and the rural villages only a short drive away. The Dominican Republic gained its independence on February 27, 1844. The Dominican Republic is a Spanish speaking country with more than ninety-five percent of Dominicans professing to be Roman Catholics (Nations). The fall of the notorious dictator in the 1960 has caused this country a major setback (Agency).... [tags: History, Cultural Makeup, Economy]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction Animal testing has continued to be used throughout the makeup industry, with over 200 main stream brands actively testing on animals (PeTA, 2012). Some of which include prestigious brands such as Clinique, Elizabeth Arden and Lancôme. The need for change comes as animals are continuously being exploited by these large companies. For all the testing of cosmetics and toiletry products on animals has been banned in the UK, laboratories that use mice, rats, birds, reptiles and amphibians are exempted from the minimal protections under the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).... [tags: Cosmetic, Toiletry Products, Testing, Makeup]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Introduction Makeup setting spray is a technologically advanced mist that comes in a bottle with a spray nozzle attached to it. It can be bought with hypoallergenic qualities and has a wide variety of properties to fit all skin types. (Kassi, April 26, 2014) Most mists claim to hold makeup in place for 16 hours. (Sephora, 2014) Makeup setter is said to work by using temperature control technology to keep the heat away from the skin by absorbing the moisture from the skin and slowly evaporating over the course of 16 hours.... [tags: Makeup Setting Spray, Technology, Mist, Make up]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Secondary and higher education for women Female education did not always exist, people felt that females did not need to be educated because they were meant to stay home, cook, clean and care for the children. Young girls who were the daughters of wealthy men got an education just because of the significance of their father’s name. Men and young boys were educated because the men were the people in the marriage who brought home money from the job they got after being educated. Women were just looked at as property, they were not considered a person that had a voice or a say in anything.... [tags: Higher education, College, Secondary education]
1917 words (5.5 pages)
- Picture this, a young girl wearing her mother’s dress and high heels teaching her dolls, or a young boy running around with a red hat and a garden hose. From an early age, many people dream of what they wish to become when they grow up. A few individuals follow this dream; while others leave it behind as a childhood fancy and proceed to accomplish something completely different. Regardless of whether the career a person chooses was a childhood dream, or one decided on later in life, they should conduct significant research on the career.... [tags: professional career choices]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Dougherty Middle School has a dramatic and colorful history. The school was established in September 1960 as East Dougherty Junior High School. The grades in the school included seventh, eighth and ninth. The main reason for the founding of this school was to have a school on the east of the Flint River. This school would also serve the needs of the Turner Air Force Base and the Marine Core Logistics Base communities. Due to segregation at this particular time, the ethnic makeup of the school was all Caucasians.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- When I was little I had the cleché experience of watching my mom put her makeup on and her dusting her bright pink blush over cheeks. From there on I loved makeup and learning how to use it to enhance the natural beauty, and also the intensity and colorful side of the world. With makeup you can be anything or anyone you want. Now as I am 19 I play with makeup when I get bored or when I want to just feel good about who I am. I can remember when I was little I would always ask my mom when I could wear makeup, she would always say that I could when I get bigger, than one year at Christmas I got my first makeup set, although it was like kids and nothing was high quality and the lipsticks were pr... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, Skin, Human skin color]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- High School is the secondary school that is supposed to prepare you for a bigger step in your life, which is attending college, and have a further into your education, but does it actually prepare you for it. High school and college have so many differences. Such as college is far more expensive than high school, the work load is more challenging in college, and for social aspects high school has more of an advantage. High school in my opinion is more “sugar coating” the process you have ahead in life.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION There has always been some confusion regarding where higher education starts from over the years. Surprisingly, the confusion still exists today, although not as common and widespread as before. In the Early days, when you could count the number of pupils that proceeded to continue education after the primary level, higher education has been often the word used to refer to secondary education . As more people began pursing education beyond the primary education, there arose a need to distinguish the higher education and secondary education.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Secondary education]
1770 words (5.1 pages)
- The Makeup of Congress When discussing the makeup of Congress, one must first look to the intent of the framers around creating a bicameral legislature. This would take me to the first section of our class regarding the debates the founding fathers had about equal representation of the states in the Congress. Edmund Randolph of Virginia was the first to offer a suggestion, known as the “Virginia Plan”, that addressed representation. His plan provided for a system of representation based on the population of each state or the proportion of each state’s revenue contribution, or both.... [tags: Papers]
1133 words (3.2 pages)