At the age of 20, having already spent several years working in different fitness facilities, I took the initiative to become a certified fitness trainer (ISSA Certification). I became a full-time independent contractor and developed proficiency in designing exercise programs for a wide range of clients, each with different physiologic capabilities. Opportunity was found through several facilities, although the majority of my time was spent between two Anytime Fitness locations. While not with clients, the gym locations served as a place of learning, allowing me to continually improve and innovate my techniques. Working at other locations, such as retirement homes, enabled me to broaden my level of expertise. After obtaining the proper certifications, I began to serve the local geriatric population by introducing weekly water aerobics, yoga, and seated resistance exercise classes to my schedule at 3 different facilities. In august of 2014, I made the decision to pursue an education in the field of physical therapy, and found replacement instructors for every program I started. Being a direct result of my intention, I am happy to say that these programs are still in place today. As soon as my schedule permitted me, I began my full time scholarly education, alongside what would amount to one hundred and ten hours of Physical Therapy observation prior to becoming a student in the FSCJ PTA Program.
Student’s Learning Style:
When it comes to learning, the desire I have towards gaining understanding is exceeded by a developing passion for overall excellence. My current understanding of optimal instruction suggests that the association of multiple learning styles inspires the cultivation of a more well rounded clinician. I believe tha...
... middle of paper ...
...Being my first internship, I intend to establish a sense of personal comfort in the clinical setting. To do this, I will need to familiarize myself with the clinic, while increasing my practical proficiency in core concepts such as basic patient care and interpersonal collaboration. I consider these to be imperatival factors which will contribute to my success as a PTA. Following a higher understanding of the core concepts, I intend to begin shifting my focus towards obtaining a deeper understanding of visual assessments, evaluation techniques, and specific interventions as my confidence and proficiency in the above areas permit. It is my goal to learn from my instructors in a manner which involves the cultivation of humility and patience, acknowledging the significant influence which these traits hold in the development of higher proficiency regarding communication.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When Brandon Long, a personal trainer from Long Beach, California, was asked what got him interested in personal training, he replied, “I guess it started with my love for exercising and seeing the changes that it makes on your body, mind, and confidence.” There are many reasons why people would want to become a personal trainer. They can be the person who helps someone meet his or her goals and makes them successful. They can be involved with all kinds of people in all kinds of sports. And finally, they also have the ability to work on their own and set their own schedule.... [tags: interview, brandon long]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Since around the age of twelve years old, my two brothers and I were obsessed with Arnold Schwarzenegger, and obtaining a physique similar to his. We were always checking the fitness magazines lying around the house for any tips to help us achieve our fitness goals. My father had a barbell, some plates and a couple of dumbbells scattered in our basement, so that’s where we began our quest. Also my aunt gave us her Bowflex, after my uncle had passed away. My first exercise was the barbell biceps curl, although I don’t recall how many repetitions I started out with.... [tags: weights, muscles, trainer]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Amanda Russell, a fitness lifestyle expert and host of AR fit says, "Fitness is about so much more than exercise. It's a catalyst for positive change, and it affects every aspect of your life," . When thinking about becoming a Personal Trainer, remember exercise isn’t the only way for clients to have a healthier lifestyle change for the better. Personal Trainers have the ability to expand their horizons and knowledge to further guide their clients to success of reaching their goals through many CPT certifying bodies.... [tags: fitness, requirements, cancer]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- Shadowing a Certified Athletic Trainer For this project, the certified athletic trainer who I have shadowed for almost eight hours in just one day is Candace O'Bryan, currently the athletic trainer at Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron. Candace has worked at Hoban now entering her third year at the high school. She works alone as a trainer there but works along side one team doctor who is at every game, and the other one being a neurosurgeon but is just a parent helping out. Candace works through a clinic in downtown Akron next to the Spaghetti Warehouse.... [tags: Athletic Trainer Job Description]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Well, the career I have chosen is a Physical Trainer. I have always found these people to be really inspiring and have thought about hiring one myself or even going through the schooling and training to become one myself. They do so much for people like helping others to find happiness with themselves as well as help making the human race a little healthier. A physical trainer can help so many people today by evaluating their clients “level of fitness by physical capabilities and personal health goals”(Becoming a Physical Trainer: Job Description & Career Info).... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Personal trainer]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- More and more nursing programs are requiring potential students to become an active Certified Nursing Assistant prior to applying for their Nursing Program. They, like I, realize the importance of their work and understand it is the most beneficial for the future nurses. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take a closer look at the facts. It not only gives you an in-depth look at the health care field but it also gives you a better working knowledge of the criteria of the job and overall more appreciation.... [tags: Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistant]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Goals 1. My first goal is to continue my education by earning a Master’s degree in Accounting right after completing my bachelor’s degree. The MSU’s Accounting program attracts me for both its reputation and its career opportunities available for international students. It is my responsibility as a future accountant to be really familiar and proficient at the tools accountants use regularly. Achieving my master’s degree will also help me achieving my second goal of becoming a CPA by meeting the requirement of curriculum.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1048 words (3 pages)
- As many of you might have guessed, my chosen career is to be an Athletic Trainer. When I tell people I want to be an Athletic Trainer, they think I mean an actual trainer having to do with lifting weights, working out, and helping an athlete train. There are actually two types of Athletic Trainers. The first type is a personal trainer who is hired to help you train for an athletic event and get you in shape. That is not what I want to. I want to do something totally different than that. I want to be an actual Athletic Trainer who is on the sidelines of football and soccer games, or an other sport that needs one.... [tags: personal trainer, safety, injury]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Getting fit and healthy will require a lot of patience because this is a goal that needs consistency in order to achieve it. Further, it should be seen as well in the personality of a personal trainer you want to work with. One of the reason you hired a personal trainer is because you have insufficient amount of knowledge of making yours goals into reality. Because of this, a client especially the beginners in this field will ask a lot of question, will expect a lot from their trainers and will be more doubtful in every procedure.... [tags: trainer, change, fitness, goals, patience]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Kimo Mahi is a certified athletic trainer at Sprague high school in Salem. He also teaches at a local middle school as a health teacher. He recently filled a passion as a behavior specialist for a semester. Kimo earned his bachelor degree from Linfield College in athletic training. He then attended Oregon State and got his master’s degree in teaching. Kimo has a wife and two kids Ella and Kakowa. He met his wife when she was a student teacher for him. His is originally from Hawaii where his sister and brother in-law still live.... [tags: Learning, Education, Middle school, High school]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Interpersonal Conflict And Its Effects On The Real World
- Computer Design Of Computers Since The Years Of The Machine 's Creation
- Analysis Of The Movie ' From Mambo Hop Hip Hop '
- The Revolutionary Vision Of Grace Murray Hopper
- The Educational Application And Critical Thinking Skills
- High School Vs. College