The purpose of this project is to identify a computerized system that will align with the Bead Bar’s company goals. The Bead Bar is a company that supplies customers with workshops and materials to produce their own costume jewelry using items such as wire, beads and string. The Bead Bar is 1.5 million dollar company founded in 1998 that employee 15 full-time employees and 20 part-time employees.
The company has three divisions that consist of studios, franchises, and Bead Bar on Board. The studio division oversees the company owned six studios across the Eastern part of the United States. The franchise division is in charge of managing the supply requirements of the five franchises. The last division is Bead Bar on Board, which designs the portable studios that are located on crew ships. (Malaga, 2005)
The bead bar would like to expand their organization however, the current processes cumbersome and not necessarily accurate. In order to develop an information system that can handle future growth and allow better communication between outside sales offices and the head office certain steps need to be followed.
The executives of Bead bar would like the ability to communicate to every location, and pull information such as inventory and sales. The basic requirements are as follows: network without noticeable cables in the studios, connection between headquarters and all studio locations, and access to corporate network remotely, improve data collection from all locations, electronic retrieval of sales information, and improved work flow sys...
... middle of paper ...
...ctively. The website will allow customers the ability to view the catalogue, sign up for workshops, make purchases, check shipment status, and pay their bill all within a secured environment and will allow Bead Bar to service the needs of their customers around the clock; which will increase sales and revenues. The implementation of the extranet will allow Bead Bar to set base inventory levels, when inventory levels reach a certain point the supplier is automatically notified and an order is placed. These features will help the Bead bar expand outside of the U.S. which will increase customer base and improve yearly revenue. The main office will have complete control over all the Bead Bars and stores on cruise ships.
Malaga, R. A. (2005). Information systems technology. New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Developing a Computer Network for Bead Bar Introduction This essay will outline my recommendations for the development of a computer network for the Bead Bar. The company is in dire need of a well-designed network structure. Executive of the organization have specific needs for their department. The Bead Bar is steadily growing and requires a complex network capable of handling daily business functions and processes. The current system in place does not allow effective communication between all Bead Bar locations.... [tags: Business Network Development]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- In this paper I will outline the development of a high-level computer network design for The Bead Bar. The paper will explain the IT recommendations of a network topology I think should be used, the network architecture, and the advantages and drawbacks that the recommended network would provide to the company. The Bead Bar is a business founded in 1998 by Meredith S., which provides both a service of teaching people how to create their own jewelry with beads, and products by selling customers beads and accessories.... [tags: Case Study, Information Technology, solution]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Bead Bar Network The Bead Bar is a growing enterprise that is seeking a greater level of operations through their network. They need a network design that will allow them to branch out and be more effective in their day-to-day transactions. So now, I have to look at the different components that exist in their system, transmission types, software, topologies, architecture, and pro and cons of the recommended network. Bead Bar is a company that allows customers to design their own jewelry, with the use of beads, strings, and wires.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Bead Bar Systems Development Project A systems development project is a process in which a design is created to meet the needs of a specific company. Through investigation, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance will a system development plan create the necessary standards in which a company’s information system needs will be met. The Bead bar is a creative company in which individuals can create their own jewelry made from an assortment of different beads. The Bead Bar is a very successful company and has expanded the business across the United States.... [tags: Bead Bar, Case Study, System, solution]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- Bead Bar Network Paper The Bead Bar is in need of developing a high-level computer network design that will best suit the company's needs. There will be recommendations made on network topology to the Bead Bar that will best fit the company's needs, such as bus, star, ring, mesh, tree, and hybrid. Network architecture will be discussed and any potential advantages and drawbacks that the recommended networks would provide to the Bead Bar.... [tags: Business Analysis Essays]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Bead Bar System Development This essay will concentrate on the interior composition of the Bead Bar. The Bead Bar is an establishment that permits its consumers to produce their own costume jewelry using gear such as wire, beads and string. Presently, there are three branches of the business composed of one studio, two franchises, and three bead Bars on Board. The role of the Bead Bar studio is to oversee the six Bead Bar studios that have 2 locations in New York City, Long Island Boston, Washington D.C.... [tags: Business Analysis Management Strategy]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- The Bead Bar is a company that specializes in providing beads to customers so they can create their own unique jewelry. They have been in business for 10 years and continue to expand. They currently have locations in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. They recently started Bead Bar on Board, designed especially for cruise lines. The Bead Bar currently employs 15 full-time employees and close to 20 part-time employees. (Malaga) The Bead Bar has experienced lost orders, incorrect invoicing, and delays in shipments due to their paper-based system of retaining data.... [tags: Business Development, Case Study, solution]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- Bead Bar Systems Development Plan Graphics Not Included Overview In 1998, the Bead Bar Company started with one small studio in New Canaan, Connecticut. Bead Bar has now developed into a thriving business across the United States, consisting of three divisions; studios, franchises and Bead Bar on Board. The company also has 15 full-time and 20 part-time employees throughout the various studios. The goal of the Systems Development Project is to move Bead Bar in to the digital world. Bead Bar is committed to improving their workflow and quality of service for their employees and customers.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1732 words (4.9 pages)
- Abstract This paper documents the analysis, design and implementation of the System Development Project for Bead Bar. The project will look into the reconstruction and augmentation of the network structure, application, database file system and mobile options. The systems development life cycle in this project because of its complexity, will be divided into smaller, more easily managed segments or phases. Segmenting the project allows managers to verify the successful completion of project phases before allocating resources to subsequent phases.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- The Bead Bar is a 1.5 million dollar company, that employee 15 full-time employees and 20 part-time employees. The company has three divisions that consist of studios, franchises, and Bead Bar on Board. The studio division oversees the company owned six studios across the Eastern part of the United States. The franchise division is in charge of managing the supply requirements of the five franchises. The last division is Bead Bar on Board, which designs the portable studios that are located on crew ships.... [tags: Case Study, Company Profile, solution]
1273 words (3.6 pages)