The truth is that men and women come in all different shapes and sizes, which means everyone has a different body type. There are three main body types, and the first is that of the endomorph. Identifying if someone is an endomorph is typically an easy task, because they’re usually pear or apple shaped. Endomorphs struggle with maintaining a healthy weight, and losing weight takes enormous amounts of concentration. These are the people that are generally bulky and chubby with slow metabolisms. When it comes to personality, endomorphs are easy-going, tolerant, and creatures of comfort, routine, and habit. They enjoy eating food and they love the company of others. They tend to eat and exercise for the chance to be around or with other people. They often use eating as a way to socialize, which is why obesity rates tend to be higher for people in this category (Endomorphs 1).
People that are categorized as geeky or nerdy usually have an ectomorph body type. Ectomorph bodies are shaped like a ruler, because they’re straight with very ...
... middle of paper ...
... are great sources of many vitamins, minerals and other natural substances that may help protect you from chronic diseases” (Fruit 1). If people spent more time making sure they got their daily servings of fruits and vegetables, obesity rates would lower, the risk of heart disease would decrease, and our nation would be so much healthier.
Food temptations exist everywhere, and escaping them is impossible. Junk food is certainly tasty, but in the long run it will only cause serious health issues. Eating fruits and vegetables, and exercising on a daily basis is what will get people at the right weight for their body type. Maintaining a healthy weight isn’t something to try for a limited amount of time, it’s something that has to become a lifestyle. Making simple choices in eating habits will make people more confident, and help them live healthier and happier lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Happy, confident, energetic, strong and healthy are all qualities an individual wants. The real question is, how bad do they want it. It is really not as hard as it seems. Gradually changing your life into a well balanced, healthy lifestyle can be done. It may be hard getting rid of old habits, but it is well worth it. Start with little changes and less excuses. Living a healthy lifestyle is not a diet or some ridiculous weight loss challenge. A healthy lifestyle is about moderation, balance and simple substitutions.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essays]
2350 words (6.7 pages)
- Cardiovascular disease is known to be the leading cause of death. One would ponder upon the main cause of such a disease. When it comes to the risk factors, the two main causes of cardiovascular disease are lack of physical activity and unhealthy eating habits. “You are what you eat” is a common phrase, which is used to emphasize the significance of a healthy diet as key to a better health. For instance, if an individual consumes unhealthy meals on a daily basis, he or she would accumulate fat in their body and be unhealthy.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- Living a healthy life style is the best way to leading a happier life. Dieting and working out promote good physical and mental health. Suffering from minor depression at one point, leading a healthier lifestyle was a coping mechanism for me. Seeing changes in my physical appearance enhanced my confidence. Making the decision of starting a new life style taught me discipline and good habits. Every bad, sad or frustrated emotion I felt was let out in the gym. This became an escape, a distraction from everything I was dealing with at that time, it became my happy place.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Health, Healthy diet]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- My desire and craving to write and speak better is what helped me overcome my negative attitude towards my skill level of writing and speaking and to return to school. When I signed up for school, my first class requirement, Peak Performance, was aiming to teach me and to cause me to become aware of whom I am and how to create new healthy habits. The results of my studies taught me that I hold the keys to my success as I train myself to create healthy habits as I take charge of my life. One way that I was learning how to create healthy habits was by visualizing my success, and being positive with confidence, as I was guarding my mind from negative thoughts.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Sleep deprivation: In the before starting the experiment Dotto was feeling self-confident, she takes a good sleep of full eight hours. She was fully mentally prepared aspect every chore coming in an experiment. In the beginning of the experiment, her tactile property very alert regarding every challenge. She recorded in the tap that her motivating still with her strongly, after the first interruption. But after twelve hours she starts feeling tiredness and her concertation starts losing. It was becoming hard for her to understand is everything going in right side.... [tags: Sleep, Sleep deprivation, Sleep disorder, Siesta]
1895 words (5.4 pages)
- Loving yourself is the key to a happy life. When you love all that you are, unconditionally, life reflects that back to you. When you learn to love yourself, fully, you create a happy, loving environment to flourish in. When we lose sight of what’s most important—loving self—we lose sight of our goals and dreams and being happy and healthy. Ultimately, to live a fulfilling life, first and foremost, requires that you love all that you are and trust that life loves you in return. Love is the core of who you innately are.... [tags: Positive psychology, Personal life, Happiness]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- I believe a healthy hobby equals a happy person. There are a ton of bad hobbies out there for someone to choose from. Whether that hobby be getting blacked out drunk and passing out anywhere and everywhere. Participating in illegal activity is another popular hobby. I am no angel. When it comes to choosing a healthy hobby. I am not one to judge. I have participated in things unthinkable to some people. I have done the drugs, illegal activity, disrespectful acts against people. These hobbies got me nowhere, except in trouble.... [tags: drugs, games, stealing, happiness, money]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- In just a few seconds, his life went from bad to worse. While working one day, Mike Sprague fell of a thirty-five foot roof, breaking both feet. He was bedridden, unable to do any exercise of any sort. To add on to this, Mike was overweight and weight loss was necessary for his recovery. His inability to walk made losing weight even more difficult. To make matters worse, Mike was gaining weight in this state of sedentary hopelessness. Mike became sorrowful, depressed, and failed to see any good in his life.... [tags: overweight, diet, exercise, boot camp, motivation]
2335 words (6.7 pages)
- ... He worked as a police artist from 1995 to 2011. As the commercial begins, a woman with long blonde hair, named Florence, begins to speak to the camera. She tells us what the group was told to do prior to the interview. She says, “ I showed up to a place I had never been and there was a guy with a drafting board. I didn’t know what he was doing but then I could tell after several questions he was drawing me.” The artist doesn’t see the people nor do the people see the artist. Once the person sits down, Gil begins to ask simple questions about how the people view themselves; just simple questions about their face.... [tags: healthy, internal, happiness, self-confidence]
653 words (1.9 pages)
- Happy is Healthy In the modern day, most people have heard that being happy is good for health. We all hear this, but no one really tells us why it is so. When striving to be truly healthy, a person must keep in mind that a happy attitude is directly correlated to a healthy physique. Happy people feel healthier because they are more comfortable with themselves, more likely to help others through things like volunteering, and are usually better educated. Once individuals sustain a generally constant feeling of happiness, they start to feel healthier.... [tags: Personal life, Health, Happiness, Health care]
1534 words (4.4 pages)