In this report, the author endeavours to present the how the security issues generally presented on the B2C web sites can assured by technical controls and educating customers. The report presents levels of end-to-end security components that include: physical system security, operating system security and network security. With advent of web applications that are now being used extensively for deploying e-commerce applications, author also presented the web security threat profile of web services that is currently an active research topic. All of the discussed components are attached with advice that can be provided to customers that may not apparent to them, but can help reduce security issues.
Keywords: B2C websites Security Issues, Technical Controls, Customer Education
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
1 Introduction 4
2 Levels of End-to-End Security Components 4
2.1 Physical System Security 4
2.1.1 Server Side Aspects 4
2.1.2 Client Side Aspects 5
2.2 Operating System Security 5
2.3 Network Security 6
2.4 Web Application/Service Security 8
3 Conclusions 10
4 References and Bibliography 11
How the security of B2C web-sites can be assured through technical controls and customer education
The primary goal of Business to Consumer (B2C) websites is to attract traffic / consumers such that the virtual store front is available to the potential consumer 24 hrs a day and all year around. More traffic to B2C websites means increased revenues and a pull-type membership model for consumer whereby they “pulled” kept engaged with different type of activity on the web sites (Sarner, 2009). With advent of these virtual shop fronts and increased audience the security model used to ...
... middle of paper ...
...end by validation of client end along with validation of received message on server end.
In this report author has presented various levels of end to end security on B2C web site. Number of security threats has been informed along with recommended technical controls that can be put in place in order to provide counter measures against web security threats to B2C web sites. Further, customer side measures have also been informed, that can be easily monitored and setup by the customer in order to protect themselves while using B2C web site. Finally, author wants to add that security issues do occur and they clearly a threat but by performing security threat analysis and but educating customer regularly about changes on website and additional protection features, trust in shopping on B2C web site can be maintained that eventually generates revenues.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction In a continuance of the differences between B2B vs. B2C web sites, this week's paper will cover how the sites manage ethical, legal and regulatory issues. Ethical Issues facing B2B and B2C sites There are several definitions of the work ethics. One definition of ethics is the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation. It can also be defined as a set of moral principles or values, a theory or system of moral values and the principles of conduct governing an individual or group, such as professional ethics.... [tags: Business Compare Contrast]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- The use of the internet and related technologies to encompass every business process that aim to integrate sellers with the consumers and suppliers using the internet is known as E-business. Before to decide to conduct business online is fundamental to know the main advantages and challenges that the company will deal with. The biggest advantage is expanding global reach, which means that the company can have a worldwide presence. The product can be available to customers from all over the world and it provides the opportunity to increase sales and open new markets that could not be reached before.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web 2.0, Internet]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- The first web site that I look into was Aplusmath, which is a commercial web site due to having advertisements. The web site address is easy for students and teachers to remember because it is the title of the web site. The web site address for Aplusmath is www.aplusmath.com/. Aplusmath has worksheets, flashcards, games, and homework helper. The worksheets, flashcards and games found on Aplusmath deal with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, geometry and algebra. All of these concepts are concepts teachers teach during elementary school.... [tags: Website, World Wide Web, Internet, Web page]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Primus Web Site Design The goals of the Primus Web site are to retain existing customers, draw new ones and lower Primus' customer support costs. To meet these goals the Web site is being designed around a multi-point value package, described below. Value Package The components of the value offering are: 1) Stress-free experience for site visitors and customers 2) Professional quality research 3) Readily available quotes, available via a variety of media 4) Tools to allow customers to manage their portfolios 5) Customized advisory services 6) Online investment "workshop" experiences Service Selection Process During the previous three quarters Primus selected service offerings based on avail... [tags: Web Design]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Web-Site Development Checkpoints Websites provide organizations with a valuable tool for the presenting a face to the entire world few successful businesses can survive today with having a professional-looking and functional website (Lucas). This case study is to analyze the resolve of Macy’s web site whether or not it achieve the purpose it intend. Web-Site development checkpoints is the process of collecting and linking information about a specific web page. The checkpoint for Macys web site is use to analyze its operation and consumption in order to advance the web overall feature and to detect problematic areas.... [tags: Website, World Wide Web, Web page, Web browser]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- I am happy to be reviewing your portal. I learned from your process notes that what you want to portray is that this web site is a place to place your work. You also stated that the identity the portal creates for you is that you are a student. You have definitely succeeded in having your work displayed on the site. I liked how you gave a video for each of your examples on the multimodality essay, and I enjoyed how you posted a prompt about our assignment instead of just posting the essay. The visual elements added to the essay gives readers insight into what the essay will be about.... [tags: Website, World Wide Web, Web page, Web design]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Here in this paper I will explain how marketing differs on a B2C site compared to a B2B site. First let me explain the difference between B2C sites compared to a B2B sites. A B2C site is defined as a consumer shopping on the Web, often called business-to-consumer (or B2C). B2C ordinarily refer to on-line trading and auctions, for example, on-line stock trading markets, on-line auction for computers and other goods. B2C e-commerce refers to the emerging commerce model where businesses /companies and consumers interact electronically or digitally in some way.... [tags: Research Definition B2C B2B Sites Internet]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Marketing B2C Site, Compared to a B2B Site Introduction When a company uses marketing, the company is attempting to promote his or her products or services with the intent of being able to maximize ones profit and gain the confidence of the consumer. Within today’s society marketing having the right product or service can be difficult with being able to implement the marketing process and plan accurately along with being able to remove the potential obstacles. This paper will show and define the meaning of marketing with (B2B), (B2C), and compare how marketing differs between the two websites.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1975 words (5.6 pages)
- My Favorite Web Site and Why Some Works Cited Missing In contrast to most of the other people in this class, I had never done any net surfing. So to prepare for this paper I explored the WWW for approximately seven hours. This helped to create an impression on me of what constitutes a good Web site. Finally, I decided on a favorite SF/CP Web site and I asked myself what made this site better than others. The Web site is dedicated to William Gibson (Foley) site which scrolls a picture of the writer on the site projecting an air of authority.... [tags: Analysis Web Design Essays]
1470 words (4.2 pages)