The Battalion S2 (BN S2) section deployed is defined as a battalion intelligence staff. Operations include ground forces visually conducting operations in a infantry battalion at Baghdad, Iraq. Irregular warfare provides a defining amount of visualization on the enemy threat. The tactical level of intelligence will exist on BN S2 battle rhythm, lethal targeting process, system applications and usage, and intelligence assets. This definition shares in a tradition for dominating target development. The BN S2 intelligence superiority is defined by a specific targeting structure for developing the enemy threat.
The BN S2 battle rhythm process is a technical sequence for parallel staff planning. BN S2 intelligence superiority is established by continuous reporting of the battle rhythm. The working groups are reported by platoon leaders, Assistant Battalion S2 (BN AS2), BN S2, Brigade Assistant S2 (BCT AS2), and Fires and Effects Coordination Cell (FECC). The connections are made to working groups for brigade targeting of 4 x BN S2/AS2, BCT AS2, and FECC. Working groups continue on one weekly meeting for target development. Continuous working groups provide targeting structure importance. Thereafter intelligence products connect to continue planning. The connections are made to working groups for battalion targeting of Company Intelligence Support Team Officer (COIST) and BN S2. Working groups continue on three weekly meetings for target development. Those areas of reporting will be marked by current intelligence reports. Robert Clark writes,
Because all participants share knowledge of the target, they are better able to identify gaps in knowledge and understand the important issues surrounding the target. Th...
... middle of paper ...
...urveillance areas. Maximizing effectiveness of signal intelligences while executing patrols. The areas will be synchronized to battalion assets. Patrols are made by all possible assets during employment. The intelligence assets are to include information for the targeting development.
The BN S2 section deployed provides emphasis as directing intelligence information. Operations include ground forces sharing in a tradition of dominating enemy threats. Intelligence superiority is therefore established by a specific targeting process. The Iraq war provides a visualization of conducting the targeting processes. Intelligence value is made evident by completing a continuous targeting process of working groups. Connecting to intelligence superiority at all levels of command. The tactical level of intelligence thereafter seeks to define target development.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- War has been part of life, probably since civilization has been on Earth. The first war in recorded history took place in Mesopotamia in 2700 BCE (http://www.ancient.eu.com/war/), and war still continues to this day. One major difference between the wars being fought today and in the past is the survival rate of wounded soldiers. Technology plays a major role in the survivals we have today. After World War I ended in 1918, there were approximately 320,710 American casualties, and 53,513 of these deaths happened on the battlefield (http://www.pbs.org/greatwar/resources/casdeath_pop.html).... [tags: military personnel abroad]
1823 words (5.2 pages)
- The Emotional Toll of Deployment “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”- José Narosky We have sent soldiers around the world to protect us, but do we know of how this affects them. One would become to feel disconnected from all they know. One would also begin to need supplies and lose motivated to continue their task. Thus, it is imperative that we, the ones being protected by the soldiers, help provide these necessary items. Thousands of United States Soldiers, after being deployed for long periods of time, begins to lack needed items such as: Chap Stick, sunblock, vitamins, bug spray, and toiletries.... [tags: PTSD, depression, night terrors]
2176 words (6.2 pages)
- There should be a bifurcated targeting of the housing market. The first and main target of the housing recovery needs to be the cautious restructuring of the government sponsored entities—GSE’s—Fannie Mae (FNM), Freddie Mac (FRE) and to a lesser extent FHA. Recent news headlines put the combined total mortgage market share for the FNM, FRE and FHA at seventy-two percent (72%) [i] of the entire industry. The restructuring of those three entities will be a process of dividing their combined debt into at least ten smaller portfolios which individual investors can either incorporate into the existing businesses or form entirely new businesses made up of all or any part of the portfolio(s) they p... [tags: US Economy]
2115 words (6 pages)
- Nowadays, Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (STP) is the most used strategic way in Marketing. It is the prime of the available methods that are applied to create marketing models in practice. This model is beneficial when making marketing communication plans because it aids marketers to prioritize ideas and thereby create and advertise unique and appropriate slogans to communicate with various segments this is a segment based strategy rather than a product based strategy. This strategy enables to communicate more appropriate messages to product appealing segments.... [tags: marketing models, employees, stakeholders]
1705 words (4.9 pages)
- Introduction: Targeted killings are killing of a suspect or member of a terrorist organization by having suspensions on them. However, the justification of targeted killing is the most vital and hard part since an individual is being killed without a proven guilt. There are numerous views on targeted killings some says it is a legitimate act to counterterrorism for pre-planned and pre-mediated terrorists acts or ‘’self-defense’’ while some other says it is more of an extra-judicial execution (Kretzmer, 2005, p.... [tags: Terrorism, Middle East, Punishment]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- The Targeting strategy Data strategy paper The business that I am going to examine is a typical business to consumer type dealing with music related product sales and distribution directly to customers (direct sell). All music is an e-commerce site that provides a large inventory of musical genres. It has a user friendly search engine to explore the huge music database of the site. It provides advanced searching methods that help the user to explore the database according to mood, genre, song and album title.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction For many companies, marketing to the Hispanic community has proven to be very challenging. Sonic drive-in is one of these companies that are currently exploring the ways to target this group. Problem Because there are so many different cultures within the Hispanic community, researchers have found it very difficult to target this group as a whole. Many companies don’t believe Latino’s to be a viable target and they don’t want to spend the time or money trying to research this community.... [tags: Target market Advertising]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Analytical Hierarchy Process Because people choose these three elements: importance, preference and likelihood to evaluate all the possible alternatives to a decision which sometimes is not consistent with every decision situation, the concept of Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) was developed by Dr. Thomas Saaty. Dr. Saaty described the AHP as a decision making approach based on the "innate human ability to make sound judgments about small problems" AHP transforms complex decision problems into simple decisions for both individuals and groups that employees the use of it to make decision.... [tags: Technology Process]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- It widely recognized that the monetary policy within a country should be primarily concerned with the pursuit of price stability. However, it is still not clear how this objective can be achieved most effectively. This debate remains unsettled, but an increasing number of countries have adopted inflation targeting as their monetary policy framework. (Dr E J van der Merwe, 2002) This topic of Inflation targeting is a subject which immediately conjures different perceptions from different people. Many feel that low inflation should be a main aim of monetary policy, while others (such as trade union activists) believe that a higher growth rate to stimulate jobs should be the main concern.... [tags: Economics]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- What are the five steps in a process costing system to assign costs to units completed and to units in ending work in process. Process costing is a management accounting function. Business owners use this function to accurately calculate as well as to apply the business costs for producing specific types of goods. Process costing provides costing system for homogenous goods , which usually have little differentiation from one item to the next item. Paper, petroleum, chemical, textile and food processing industries generally use process costing.... [tags: Process Accounting]
706 words (2 pages)