With the NBA being in the spotlight of basketball it is important to understand how the games are divided. “The NBA season each team will play 41 games at home and 41 games away with a total of 82 games” (NBA.com). There are fifteen teams from each conference the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference. There are eight spots available on each conference and in order to make it into the top eight each team would have to have the best records. Once eight teams from each conference is settled by the end of the season, there will be the playoffs which is a branch of teams from each conference playing for a spot in the NBA Finals. The Playoff consists of a maximum of seven games, but a win of four games will advance you to the next round. As a team moves up into the NBA Finals it will be one team from the West and one from the East. Both teams will have a maximum of seven games and whichever team wins with four games will receive the NBA Finals trophy.
The NBA Finals is the top of the pi...
... middle of paper ...
...ayed anywhere, just grab a ball and shoot it into a basket of some sort. The feeling of making a shot is a fulfilling accomplishment and makes you want to do it again. The fact that basketball is well-known around the world means that James Naismith made an amazing sport that brings a melting pot of people together. James’ intelligence in the field of physical education gave him the idea of playing in a gym while having two peach baskets at each end of the court and shoot a ball into it. This creative invention has given the opportunity to many normal people, high schoolers, college students, and professional basketball players to play a game which involves a combination of running, shooting, and dribbling which has become a great high up tempo sport to watch. Basketball will not only be known as a great sport but as a game that brings multicultural groups together.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Opportunity in the NBA for European Basketball Players European settlers first came to America in 1742 to start over and improve their life styles. It was mostly European settlers that originated America. They did not have a good enough chance to make good money or support there family in Europe so they moved to a new nation to start over or to get away from the war. This is what European basketball players are doing now coming to the NBA in America to improve on there basketball skills as well as make more money.... [tags: Papers]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- There are 5 seconds left on the clock in the last quarter, the coach calls a time out. Down by 2, the team has a chance to win the game. The whistle blows and the clock winds down, 5...The ball is passed in…4…the point guard dribbles around the key…3…the ball is passed to the shooting guard…2…the shooting guard passes it back to the point guard…1…the point guard shoots from behind the 3-point line…0. Countless fans across the globe may get thrills while watching an intense minor or professional basketball game, although, few actually know where or how this widely popular sport was created.... [tags: nba, basketball players, james naismith]
1397 words (4 pages)
Evaluation of Team win Percentage, Number of Star Players, Whether a Team Makes the Playoffs in Basketball
- Between the years of 2009-2012, the NBA had undergone drastic changes. After the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) of 2005 had expired following the 2010-2011 NBA season, the NBA had to renegotiate a new CBA for the following years before a NBA season could be initiated. This caused a lock-out, in which the NBA season was put on hold so league officials could renegotiate with the NBA players' union to agree on a new set of regulations for the upcoming seasons. Important regulations to be restructured were mainly revenue sharing, player salary compensation, and player contract restructuring.... [tags: nba tickets, nba season, new jersey nets]
2041 words (5.8 pages)
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a professional basketball league teams in North America. The league was founded in New York City on June 6 1946. The men basketball team which is the most successful of it has 30 franchised member club, it has 29 of it in the United States and one in Canada. And the sub branch which is for women is called the WNBA(Women National Basketball Team). CURRENT SOCIAL MEDIA The current media techniques employed by the NBA is there own very site which is (http://www.nba.com/) The NBA also uses twitter to promote and advertise its products and games and which currently have 15.9millions followers and the players also have twitter account which they used... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- ... These same four players are undoubtedly future Hall of Famers and were listed in the top 30 international players of all time in a 2013 “Dime Magazine” article (Daruaku). These four players, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, and Hakeem Olajuwon, have proven that foreign players are not just role players on NBA rosters or on the teams to fill space, but that they can they can be the best players in the world. Steve Nash, a point guard from South Africa, has been named the MVP two times, but has failed to win a championship (Daruaku).... [tags: foreign players, stars, awards]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- With time running out and the game on the line there is only one thing to do, shoot the ball; in basketball there has been many instances of fundamentals and athleticism in which history has been made in the sport itself. Basketball as a sport has gone through many obstacles to actually becoming a serious competitor to baseball, which was bigger than most sports in its era. Basketball has gained recognition worldwide because of its fast tempo game and how it is played. To understand the game of basketball and the journey of becoming what it is today, the history is extremely important.... [tags: Basketball, James Naismith, College basketball]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- The Basketball Association of America came from a league in North America, 1946; being one out of three professional basketball organizations. The Basketball Association of America (BAA) and another basketball organization, National Basketball League (NBL), formed together to become the National Basketball Association (NBA). Surprisingly, they came together after being big rivals, and fighting for three years over who gets the better players and the most fans to watch the action and most likely to see how much profit they can make from the basketball games.... [tags: hoop, national basketball, nba, ]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Career Research Paper Being a Basketball Coach.The reason why i am studying this career is because i want to know what it is like to be a High School, or a College Coach, and a National League Associations (NBA) and just to see how it is to be a coach . My history of this career is that i have been to so many job shadows that are coaches and some coaches are nice too there players and some are very mean. There are a lot of basketball coaches out there and the employment of this job is to make sure your other coaches stay on track with the players to because some of the basketball players just want to go out and party after a game which that is not good for your body to have alcohol or anythi... [tags: High school, Basketball, Season, Coaching]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- James Naismith, born 11/6/1861, in Almonte, Ontario, Canada invented the greatest game of all time. Basketball was invented December 1891 at a YMCA gymnasium in Springfield, Massachusetts. The game was invented to be an indoor game for students to play during the cold winter months since there were no previous indoor game that could involve a whole class. Basketball started out with only 13 rules that were made by Naismith in 1891 and the rules have continued to grow and change up to present day.... [tags: physics sport sports basketball]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- BASKETBALL With the number one pick in the NBA draft, the Washington Wizards selected 18 year old Kwame Brown. Each year in the NBA draft the candidates get younger with high school basketball players entering the draft. As good as they are in high school, the NBA is a completely different level. Kwame Brown experienced the change of the competition level from getting a lot of playing time or playing the whole game in high school to not getting a lot of playing time his rookie year in the NBA.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1911 words (5.5 pages)