“Ireland” is present about half way through the play, towards the end of act one. Up until this point, Elle Woods, student of fashion merchandising and sorority president of Delta-Nu at UCLA, is met by a huge shock. Her boyfriend, Warner Huntington the Third, who she expects to propose to her tells her that he wants to break up with her because she is “not serious enough.” Elle, outraged, decides that love knows no bounds and must follow Warner to his post-graduate program at Harvard Law School. She ruins the rest of her party-style second semester senior year by studying to ace the L-SATs and getting accepted to Harvard as well. Upon arrival, she discovers that Warner has already proposed to a former childhood sweetheart who is also accepted into the same law program as them. Furious, Elle decides that if it is this boring, unfashionable brunette that Warner wants, then she must change her appearance, just to win him back. (“…The Movie or the Book…”) She goes to a salon not too far away from school, where Paulette, a hair dresser, convinces her that brunette is not the way to go. Paulette sings “Ireland” to Elle to convince her that she is beautiful as she is and does not need to chang...
... middle of paper ...
...ront of everyone before performing it at Cabaret on the second.
“American Theatre Wing - Biography - Laurence O’Keefe." American Theatre Wing - Biography - Laurence O'Keefe. American Theatre Wing, 2014. Web. Apr. 2014.
“Legally Blonde - Which Is Better: The Movie or the Book?” Review. Web log post. Cinebrary. Wordpress, 23 Oct. 2012. Web. Apr. 2014.
“Legally Blonde the Musical.” Legally Blonde Tour. N.p., 2012. Web. Apr. 2014.
“The Dynamic Duo: Nell Benjamin and Larry O’Keefe." Berklee Blogs. Berklee College of Music, 16 May 2013. Web. Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Musical Sound Transporting Audiences Though Time and space at Downtown Disney On the evening of October the 28th, I had the privilege of experiencing the rock band Failure and opening guest Local H and …You will Know us by the Trail of the Dead at the House of blues in Anaheim. While all of the bands have roots in hard and or grunge rock, they have developed a mature sound. What starts out like a strong shot of whisky also has the complexities and notes of a full-bodied merlot. The venue is located in the center Downtown Disney, providing opportunities to enjoy Cajun influenced flavors of New Orleans as well as nearby shopping and entertainment.... [tags: Rock music, Heavy metal music, Depeche Mode]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- How To Write A Song Want to write a song to call your own. I imagine most would love the opportunity. All you really need is a little knowledge playing a guitar or piano, a voice that can sing relatively in key, and a touch of imagination spliced with creativity. Depending on someone’s personality, interests and experiences the type of song, how it is sung, what is sung, and how it is played can vary greatly. Writing the song can be easy enough if you have the skills and some patience. To start your creation, sit down with your guitar or piano, a pen, a piece of paper, and an open mind.... [tags: essays papers]
714 words (2 pages)
- Musical TheatreThe Process of Putting Together, and Being in a Musical Research: Music Song Writing There are many different ways for writing a song. Often this varies depending on the type of song the writer is composing. Sometimes the lyrics will be written first then a vocal melody written to accompany the lyrics. Often the chorus will be written before the verses so the general mood of the song can be established and repeated through the chorus. Instrumentalists Usually the orchestral part of a song is not written with the first copy of a musical (Book) it is most often written when the musical has been chosen by a producer and the type of orchestra has been decided.... [tags: Musical Theatre]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Paul David Hewson is better known as Bono, a musician who is thriving because he has a voice that resonates with his fans. Bono is a man of many talents, but is known for his position in the rock band U2 where his musical talents are displayed through his well-written songs and being lead vocalist. Bono is known for his hit songs such as With or Without You and Beautiful Day. The attributes that Bono displays that designate him a desirable song artist are his vocals, quality songs, and putting heart into his music.... [tags: Singing, Vocal range, Human voice, U2, Vocal music]
706 words (2 pages)
- Musical theatre and dance have been merged together for centuries. is a movement and dance in musical theatre is a stylized movement used to evoke emotions and add on to a narrative. But what is dance in theatre, when did it start and what is its history. Modern dance performed in musicals has its origins in the beginnings of theatre itself. The first dramas that included music and dance were performed by Grecians in the 5th century BCE. Those dramas served as models for the Romans, who valued Greek art in all forms including theatre.... [tags: Dance, Theatre, Jerome Robbins, Musical theatre]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- La La Land and the Movie Musical Within the last few decades we've seen a huge resurgence in the popularity of the musical. With shows like Hamilton, Wicked, and Once, musicals have become more modern, edgy, and overall more accessible to a wide range of patrons of the arts. In this, the movie musical has also seen a regrowth in popularity – with reinventions of classic musicals like Hairspray (2007), Sweeny Todd (2007), and Les Miserables (2012) and original movie musicals like La La Land (2016) and Across the Universe (2007).... [tags: Musical film, Cinema of India]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- First of all, I chose this profession because singing is my passion; I have sung since I was little. Some of the greatest singers have been classically trained, with years of voice lessons and practice. One such singer is Maria Callas, a well-known and revered artist. Plus, according to some experts, humans have sung before they learned to speak. Singers need to communicate effectively, reason and problem solve, manage oneself, people, time, and things, and be able to work with people. The equipment needed depends on what type of singing you are doing.... [tags: Professional Goals]
474 words (1.4 pages)
- An Analysis of “Singing to Wolves” The poem, “Singing to Wolves” is a modern poem, that tries to explain to the reader how wonderful solitude is, but also considers it’s negative side, with the example of a lonely girl. The poem starts off with a brief encounter into the history of Wales, and talks about the Llanthony monks, who the reader is told were unloved by the Welsh, and thus driven to a lonely life in the wilderness. By reading this poem, it seems as though being unloved is a popular reason for solitude.... [tags: Singing to Wolves]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- The Musical The classical period of the musical coincided with the heyday of the Hollywood studios from the early thirties to the early fifties. The conventions of the integrated musical were formed in the Astaire--Rogers musicals made at RKO in the thirties and the form peaked at MGM in the forties and early fifties, most notably in films produced by Arthur Freed. Thomas Schatz has provided a useful definition of the integrated musical. `Rather than create a realistic --or at least plausible --world whose inhabitants find reasonable motives for breaking into song (rehearsals, shows, etc.) the music itself seems to determine the attitudes, values and demeanour of the principal charac... [tags: essays papers]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- SINGING Singing, to me, is not just a hobby. It is a lifestyle and it is also what I enjoy most. To the uneducated eye, singing appears to be a simple process. However, that thought is far from accurate. There are several reasons that have prompted me to become the singer and performer I am today. Many of which are attributed to the beauty of vocal technique and a desire to learn more about the internal instrument that I am so lucky to possess. If one is to ask any singer or teacher of voice, they will explain that it is imminent to understand how the voice works and how to obtain proper breathing in order to take the first steps in becoming a singer.... [tags: Voice]
441 words (1.3 pages)