Lots of grinding dancing: asses on crotches and cigarettes dangling out of mouths of guys with big, long black mustaches and girls with big black eye lashes that oscillated to the beat of the kick drum. The early days of disco and everyone man wanted to be John Travolta and every woman thought they were Donna Summer.
The colors were bright and primary. They clashed. Neon signs flashed through out the interior and a DJ called out songs over the microphone, just to get the people excited.
“We 're gonna slow things down a bit with some Tony Orlando and Dawn!”
Then, the mass of bodies partnered up to slow dance. Even then, they grinded against each other with sexual distraction. Those who weren 't dancing slammed against the bar and tried to catch the eye of a quick moving Italian guy with the Stallone sneer and the wife beater with muscles. Sweaty. The whole place was one big arm pit.
“Gimme a fucking drink, come on Tony, eh? Eh?”
So that was Tony. Naturally. Tony held a cigar between the thumb and forefinger of his left hand and mixed drinks with his right. Always, he took a sip of the drink before handing it out. The girls went wild and the men shouted insults.
“Don 't drink my fucking shit Tony, what 's wrong with you, eh?”
“Taste testing, that 's all.”
There was no sight of the girl because there were hundreds of blonde heads bobbing up and down to the music. L...
... middle of paper ...
...t only does it save me money, it keeps me in shape and it inspires fear. A win-win-win, as I like to put it. You want a cigar kid?”
I shake my head.
“How about a cigarette?”
“I don 't smoke.”
“A shame. Real men smoke. Get into the habit, kid. But thing is, like I said, I wanted to hurt you but I won 't. But I could. You got more muscles than me outwardly, but I got experience on you. I 've actually really hurt guys. Real bad. Guys that pull a blade on me and blam! Their arm 's broken, I got the knife and I 'm wrist deep in their guts. You know what I 'm saying?”
“Good, because I don 't. I guess I 'm just saying you 're lucky. And also, that you need to get the fuck out of here before my goodwill turns back into anger. Because I 'll hurt you. I 'll hurt you real good. Take the girl. She 's yours. And don 't come back. Capeche?”
I got it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This is a Torah portion that I feel represented my values as a whole. The portion is a part of the Parsha Ha-Shavuah which centers on the story of Sarah (Abrahams wife) having a baby at a very old age, and the details around that. Included in the part that I’m reading, theres emphasis that you should be generally hospitable towards others, and that families don’t always follow “Traditional” patterns. Now, let me explain my values and how they fit into that Parsha: Humor- Humor is important to me because it helps me keep a fresh, clear outlook on life and just generally brightens someone's day- or my day- in general.... [tags: Bar Mitzvah Speech]
2051 words (5.9 pages)
- Passing the Bar Our social environments often change depending on the stage of our life. From arcades in the mall as children to bars in the area as mid twenties college students. We often find ourselves always looking for a zone of familiarity. Bar culture is one that becomes a large staple of millions of people each year. During the economic recession of the Bush era administration of America. Barswere one of the few places of businesses that didn 't face rocky investments or failing business to the degree others did.... [tags: Appeal, Law, Bar association, Trivia]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- The International Bar Association (IBA): A Story of Leadership and Success Fernando Peláez-Pier Hoet Peláez Castillo Duque Caracas, Venezuela The IBA was founded on February 17, 1947 by a group of 34 national bar associations that were encouraged by the mission of the United Nations (UN), which aimed to establish cohesive systems of law and justice on a global scale. Today, 68 years later, the IBA is the leading association of lawyers known as “the global voice of the legal profession.” In this article, we will go over the history of the IBA and why it has gained its leading position among bar associations, law societies, and practicing lawyers from around the world.... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Bar association, Barrister]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Bead Bar Network Design The purpose of this project is to identify a computerized system that will align with the Bead Bar’s company goals. The Bead Bar is a company that supplies customers with workshops and materials to produce their own costume jewelry using items such as wire, beads and string. The Bead Bar is 1.5 million dollar company founded in 1998 that employee 15 full-time employees and 20 part-time employees. The company has three divisions that consist of studios, franchises, and Bead Bar on Board.... [tags: Network Bead Bar Business]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- On October 3rd, 2016, my friend, Kelli, and I arrived at Woodham’s bar at 8:46 PM. As we walk into the establishment, there is a Black man in his thirties (later identified as Nate) who is sitting outside. He watches us with a blank expression as we enter the bar. There are ten patrons in the bar, all spread out, with no more than two per group. There are two streamers that are hanging up above the bar area, unevenly hung. There are also a silver star balloon and a black balloon that are tied next to the stage.... [tags: Laughter, Joke, Bar association, Audience]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- Bead Bar Systems Development Project A systems development project is a process in which a design is created to meet the needs of a specific company. Through investigation, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance will a system development plan create the necessary standards in which a company’s information system needs will be met. The Bead bar is a creative company in which individuals can create their own jewelry made from an assortment of different beads. The Bead Bar is a very successful company and has expanded the business across the United States.... [tags: Bead Bar, Case Study, System, solution]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- Medieval Ballad vs. Modern Interpretation in Get Up and Bar the Door An often used literary form in Medieval English literature was the folk ballad, an example of which is "Get Up and Bar the Door." A typical ballad is humorous, its author is unknown, and it focuses on one subject. This subject and the events of the story are conveyed both by the words written and those implied. The implied thoughts are conveyed and emphasized using a variety of literary techniques such as symbolism, repetition, and rhyme.... [tags: Get Up and Bar the Door Essays]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Bar Flies When you go to the bar it seems there are always people hanging around much like flies hang around a barn. The people that frequent bars are from many different backgrounds. They are there for a variety of reasons. Some are there to have a burger with friends. Others are spending their time drowning their sorrows with a few drinks. People who frequent bars can be classified into three groups; lifers, regulars, and those who are there to socialize. The first category of bar flies is the lifers.... [tags: essays research papers]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- The Bead Bar is a company that creates bead jewelry. The bead Bar is a hands on company that allows its customers to create their own jewelry. BRJ Consulting was contracted by the Bead Bar to assist in determining information technology needs. The Bead Bar is an arts and crafts oriented company that enables its customers to design and make their own jewelry with wires, beads, and strings. There currently exist three divisions in the company spread throughout the United States: six (6) studios, five (5) franchises, and the Bead Bar on Board which is a portable Bead Bar designed for cruise ships.... [tags: Case Study, Analysis, Technology, solution]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- This paper will focus on the internal make-up of the Bead Bar. The Bead Bar is a company that enables its customers to create their own jewelry use tools such as wire, beads, and string. Currently, there are three divisions of the company composed of one studio, two franchises, and three Bead Bars on Board. The role of the Bead Bar studio is to oversea the Bead Bar six studios that are located in (2) New York City, Long Island, Boston, Washington, D.C., and the flagship in New Canaan, Connecticut.... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- A Plight Of A People : Black Literary Tradition
- Service Attitudes And Practice Of A Customer 's Body Language
- Spiritual Leadership By Henry And Richard Blackaby
- The Problem Of Affirmative Action
- Evangelism Is Not A Program Or A Method, It 's Real Life
- Different Types Of Wine And Food Products And The Development With Marketing And Management Of Destinations