Essay PreviewMore ↓
First of all, mixing cell phones and tests is probably the worst thing possible about cell phones in school. Some students figure that if they don’t study they can still do well using their versions of modern technology to get answers off of friends. Therefore, if there are no cell phones, there is no cheating on tests.
Since adopting this new policy, cheating levels have gone down, and focus levels have gone up. Because of students disturbing their classmates, the test scores were down but because the rule is set, focus has gone up meaning that test scores have gone up. I believe with this new rule, students will improve all around will improve their test scores because they will have much more concentration and focusing ability on whatever they are working on.
Additionally, some students do not have the privilege of having cell phones, which then sets them at a disadvantage behind other students. It would be like most of a math class being allowed to use a calculator but there isn’t enough. Wouldn’t we want all students to be treated as equals? If we allow students to use resources that are not available to all students then that would be unfair to the other students.
How to Cite this Page
"Banning Cell Phones in Schools." 123HelpMe.com. 05 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The usage of cell phones is increasing dramatically in the world today, especially among the student body. The principal’s idea of banning cell phones from the school has to be one of the best ideas yet. Why does a student even need to use a cell phone during school. The usage of cell phones in a school or a business can only lead to disaster. Students could be texting friends the answers on tests, talking on the phone and not paying attention and miss an announcement, or they might talk or text and hurt another individual verbally or physically.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- Many students have cell phones to simply keep in contact with their family members when necessary. Some students have abused the privilege of having a cell phone in school. Because of this, our principal has issued a cell phone policy that no cell phone should be on or used during school hours. Clearly, there is no use for cell phones during school except for negative actions like cheating. There is also a small percentage of students without cell phones in which case, it would leave those students at a disadvantage if others were able to use their cell phones during school.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones in Schools, ]
403 words (1.2 pages)
- Cell phones shouldn’t be allowed in school I agree with the principal on the issue of cell phones being banned from school during school hours. I agree because during school one should be there to learn not to text or talk with their friends. Cell phones are distracting, disrespectful, and distracting in the school environment. Cell phones are distracting because they ring, beep, vibrate, or play a song, which will cause you to move or laugh. On the other hand, if it is your phone then you are distracting yourself as well the people around you.... [tags: cell phones, schools,]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Many places in society are setting policies on digital device. The principal at my school has also set policies on banning cell phones in school. Students should not be permitted to use cell phones in school. Using cell phones during school allows students to cheat. Students will be more distracted by cell phones and pay less attention to the teacher and to the lesson. Students have a higher chance of getting in trouble if they use cell phones in school rather than if they are not allowed to use digital devices in school.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, cell phones, ]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Recently, the principal of my school has banned the use of cell phones during school hours. I agree with this policy because students could use their cell phones to cheat on tests, quizzes, or any other independent work. Another reason that I agree with this policy is, the students won’t be paying attention to the teacher if they are texting somebody else. The final reason is, cell phones are a distraction to other students who are trying to learn. Cells phones can be a huge problem later in life if the students don’t learn when to use them and when not to use them.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- People all around the world have many electronic devices, and there are abundant amounts of freedom that come with them. There are so many different technologies to choose from, but one that seems to be quite common among people of all ages, are cell phones. Such technology is great for many uses, but it is not always appropriate in certain settings. The principal at my school has adopted a new policy that bans the use of cell phones during school hours. I support my principal’s decision. Cell phones can be distractions in many ways to students during school.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- In my opinion students should not be allowed to use or have any type of electronic communication device during school hours. Technical devices that students have now are not being used properly or to the function that they were intended for. Many of the students in America that are in high school and middle school have or use a type of electronic device that is used and intended for communication. Adults and educators believe that students and teenagers are not using these devices for the use in which they are meant to be used.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Many schools are now making new rules or guidelines to improve the educational impact that school has on students. One of these new rules or guidelines is a ban on cell phones during school hours. This new guideline upsets many students that use cell phones because they feel that it takes away their freedom. It is a privilege, not a right, that those students even have cell phones, and they are abusing their privilege tremendously. This new guideline is a superior guideline to follow, and in the long run, students will realize how this ban affected their learning experience.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- Many places, including schools, have taken measures to put in place new rules to ban many new technological advances. In my school the principal and school board has recently put in place a cell phone ban, which will make it illegal to use your cell phone during school hours. This new ban is already taking effect in my school, Secret Scare High School, and is quickly spreading across the nation and is well supported. Cell phones are a nascence when in school and it is a good idea to have them banned during school hours with the use of cell phones in school you haves disruptions in the classroom, temptations to cheat or blackmail someone, a decline in grades, and trouble with the principle an... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Ever since I have been in high school, increasing amounts of people have acquired cell phones. They are causing more disturbances in school because of the cellular devices. Students are using them to harass other individuals. There should be a phone provided for students to make important calls. And lastly, cell phones have even opened new doors for cheaters. There’s really no good reason for a student to use their cell phone during school hours. There are many schools that already have rules against cell phones for the obvious reasons, and my principal has decided to ban them during school hours.... [tags: Education/Social Issues]
629 words (1.8 pages)
Clearly stated, it would not be fair at all to let some students use their cell phones.
The policy that our principal adopted has several possible outcomes including reduced cheating, another is that some students would be less distracted. The students who would be at a disadvantage would become more at ease with the new rule of no cell phones and would be more comfortable because students aren’t permitted to have their cell phones out and on during the school day hours.