Studying Banking and Finance at University of St.Gallen will help me further increase my proficiency of corporate finance and financial markets. The in-depth research of specific topics, as well as a comprehensive curriculum, is a possibility for me to focus on my topic of interest ...
... middle of paper ...
...e quality of labor force, because there are only at most twenty people in the country holding this certification. Because of the strong ethical component of this designation, its principles should be adopted by financial professions everywhere in the world, especially in post-2007 financial crisis days, partly started by a lack of moral principles and diligence.
While for chocolate-lovers Switzerland is synonymous to a yummy heaven, for me the country, being the banking center of the continental Europe, equals to well-established traditions in the financial industry. If you want to learn something excellently, gain the knowledge from the best. Switzerland is one such place that will give me the opportunity to combine the values of both the highly-regarded education in finance and hands-on analysis of theories, applied in Swiss banking and financial systems.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Study The Islamic banking and finance sector is a fast growing industry, where it expanding and getting stronger each and every year. According to Tahmoures (2013), there are over 300 Islamic banks and financial organizations successfully running their business from Dubai, Los Angeles, London, Karachi, Jakarta, Cairo, Riyadh and many other cities in the world. The Financial Times estimates the value of the industry in overall are exceeding $1 trillion (Christophe, Rima, Laurent, Financial Times Special Report, 2010).... [tags: Islamic Banking Essays]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- Never have I ever climbed a mountain peak. As a child, I imagined myself conducting expeditions in deep-frozen pathways, leading amateur explorers to the top of the world, and instructing rookies in surviving harsh blizzards. Even though slightly altered, my childhood dream has been achieved. I led a team of fellow classmates, in my Strategic Management course, to the success summit of a financial competition. Over the course of a semester, I and my teammates were supposed to create and manage a company of the IT industry, in a computer-simulated environment, along with other four rival teams.... [tags: Business]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Debating the topic of the size of banks is much like debating the topic of the size of the government; should a one industry play such an imperative role in the economy. Although many argue that it is unrealistic to expect any industry of this size to not take advantage of their role, and—like the government, the concentration of power has a history of negative effect on the economy, it must be remembered that banking is a competitive industry that differs from the government in a multitude of ways.... [tags: finance, global banking]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- 1. The Usage of IT in The Banking Industry Information technology has dramatically changed the way banking is done over the last 15 years or so. The era of change banking in Canada began from the establishment of Interac's national Automated Teller Machine (ATM) network in 1986. National Debit Card network was introduced in 1994. First full service virtual bank came into being in 1997. Most recently voice recognition banking has begun to emerge in the Canadian business scene. One of the enabler of this Information technology revolution in Canadian financial service industry is Automated Teller Machine, which is essentially a date terminal with two input and four output devices.... [tags: Information Technology Finance Banking]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- ... In country like Japan, which have greater reliance on bank finance compare to US market-based system, plays important role in financing big and small company although some largest company are able to penetrate directly the financial market due to deregulation of Japan bond markets. On the other hand Georgia, facing problem with efficient bank lending channel since banks do not fully utilize their resources to finance the real sector and there is only low level of utilization of bank credit by firms or individuals.... [tags: monetary transmission mechanism]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Marketing in Banking Marketing approach in banking sector had taken significance after 1950 in western countries and then after 1980 in Turkey. New banking perceptiveness oriented toward market had influenced banks to create new market. Banks had started to perform marketing and planning techniques in banking in order to be able to offer their new services efficiently.... [tags: Finance Banking Sector Marketing Business]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- Internet Banking In the days of virtualisation where working mothers and travelling sales-team prefer to use flexi-time and remote jobs profile; Internet is being adopted as a parallel medium of communication, transaction, and social networking. Internet banking is fast gaining momentum across the globe for its convenience and ease of conducting transactions at a speed and service levels never dreamt of, a decade ago. In-spite of its multiple advantages, there is a need to step back and re-think on perceptions it carries with the masses.... [tags: Internet Global Finance Banking]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Banking in Bangladesh After Independence of Bangladesh the banking sector was restructured as a fall out of war of liberation. Banking grew primarily in the public sector with main emphasis development needs of the war-torn economy. With gradual liberalization in subsequent years, it was increasingly felt that banks should be allowed in the private sector for giving a fillip to development process on the basis of private initiative. In the 80's for the first time a number of banks in the private sector was allowed.... [tags: Bangladesh Banking Finance]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- It is proper to present a business definition of merger as it found on legal reference with the ultimate goal in the pursuing of an explanation on which this paper intents to present. A merger in accordance with the textbook is legally defined as a contractual and statuary process in which the (surviving corporation) acquires all the assets and liabilities of another corporation (the merged corporation). The definition go even farther to involve and clarify about what happen to shares by explaining the following; “the shareholders of the merged corporation either are paid for their share or receive the shares of the surviving corporation”.... [tags: business, finance, banking]
2033 words (5.8 pages)
- Bank Accounting Information System And Electronic Banking Introduction Information technology has had as much impact on our society as the industrial revolution. In the information age, companies are finding that success or failure is increasingly dependent on their management and use of information. Therefore, companies need a good information system that enabled an efficient and effective use of information to give them more competitive advantage (Moscove, Simkin, & Bagranoff, 1999). An information system is a set of interrelated subsystems that work together to collect, process, store, transform, and distribute information for planning, decisions making, and control.... [tags: Finance Bank Banks Banking Essays]
4502 words (12.9 pages)