... middle of paper ...
...fectively, and efficiently.
It is definitely a negative characteristic that someone with as short as a fuse as LTC. Kunk, would be put in such a position in the first place. What I didn’t comprehend is why Konk was capable of understanding and communicating with Iraqi civilians upon missions but for some reason felt like he didn’t need to pay his own soldiers the same respect. Unexceptable. Taking into account that I’m a communication major I can’t help but stress how important communication is. Therefore I consider this characteristics to be the most valuable and the main result of the downward spiral of events of 1st platoon. I would also disagree that my negative characteristic is the same. I could be a more effective communicator but it is not because I yell at the problem but more because I just need to better organize my speech and what I’m trying to convey.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
The Importance Of Management And Leadership, Motivational Theories And Developing Effective Teamwork
- Organizational Behaviour is one of the most complex and least understood academic elements management. It is all about the study and understanding the individual and group behaviour. It is also for improving the effectiveness and performances off the company. The group, individuals, organization and environment are the influences of Organizational behaviour. The main point of doing this report is to understanding organizational behaviour and how it works and influence to organizations. This report has three main sections, which is management and leadership, motivational theories and developing effective teamwork.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Motivation]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN Journey as a leader Leadership is a process of influence in which a person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a goal or a specific task. Leadership has nothing to do with seniority or one’s position, with titles, personal attributes but rather a leader is someone who has followers, has the capacity to transform a vision into reality. We live in a society where there is interaction, limited resources, skills which, bring up issues such as culture, economic transactions, government and governance, international relations, arts and entertainment to be dealt with religiously.... [tags: competencies, self-assessment]
2377 words (6.8 pages)
- In the author’s experience, arrogance is the most damaging trait that a person in a leadership role can possess. Arrogance is the product of an ego that is out of control; however, the ego can be restrained when the will and desire exist to do so. The will and desire to control the ego and express humility must be a lifelong endeavor for those with large egos, lest they revert to their negative ways. A Personal Experience For many years, the author has reported either directly or indirectly to one particular manager.... [tags: arrogance, leadership, ego, humility]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Weekly paper 2 : Viren Kheni : Leadership behavior and skills I We all have our own ideas about leaders-our own concepts of leader behavior or leadership. In addition to our own involvement in professional roles of leadership, we frequently talk about leaders, work with leaders, and try to train young people to be good leaders. Its essential for us to know about leader’s behavior and skills one should have. We learnt various traits approaches to leadership in the previous class and stepping ahead to leadership behavior.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1052 words (3 pages)
- In doing these exercises I learned that specific traits can lead to good leadership skills that can be used to become a successful leader. It has taught me that a good leader is one who has a direct relationship with the people who they are leading. The assessment quizzes gave me good insight on my leadership skills and skills I need to enhance to become an effective leader. The following is what I have learned doing the assessment quizzes in the book. By doing the assessment quizzes for chapter one, I learned that I have high leadership skills, such as a team building by holding staff meeting and encouraging the team to talk, spokesperson for the team by dealing with upper management on th... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Learning]
1467 words (4.2 pages)
- Leadership is something that is heavily prevalent in the workforce and in the world today. Being a leader, in my opinion, takes someone (or a group of people) who is willing and able to lead a few or many people. Not every leader though is successful or leads in a positive way. There definitely exists both good and bad leadership. Many leaders fail while many achieve extraordinary milestones. But everyone, not just leaders, have their pitfalls and rough patches in life. I know that I myself have some weaknesses as a leader, and that is what I want to take some time to reflect on.... [tags: Management, Problem solving, Leadership, Better]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- People, in general, want to be led, but need to be managed. Leadership and management can often be mistaken as the same task, and although they are complimentary of each other, they are not the same skillset. Leadership is the ability to bring clarification on the vision, help others achieve their goals, and develop and inspire the people of the organization. Management, on the other hand, is the ability to make sure tasks are being completed, controlled, and monitored to run the organization effectively.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Motivation, Skill]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- A person, full of responsibility and the same level of authority required completing a project. If a person does not have high levels of both responsibility and authority then it will not be a ‘Project Manager’. The title ‘Project Manager’ has come to be used generically to describe anyone given responsibility to complete a project. Also, it describes the activities that meet specific objectives and be used to introduce or improve new or existing products and services. As a Project Manager, if he could prove excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, he will be able to improve his skill to co-ordinate and handle his project.... [tags: Leadership, Interpersonal Skills, Manager]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- When an organization, business, or agency fails to achieve their set objectives poor leadership is regularly scrutinized as the leading cause of inefficiency. In many respects this holds true because of the countless skills need to successfully lead in both public and private enterprise. Although there are similarities between both public and private management, public servants are held directly accountable to their customers/citizens. In light of this, leadership skills within the public sector are essentials in providing its customers with public goods.... [tags: Leadership ]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Ethics Lens Inventory Assessment My individual preferred Ethical Lens Inventory (ELI) is “Relationship and Reputation Lens which is “Balance reasoning skills (rationality) and intuition (sensibility) to determine what processes, systems, character traits and virtues will best serve the community by assuring fairness and justice for all (equality).” (Ethical Lens report www.ethicsgame.com). Ethics Lens Inventory Assessment Results As indicated by ELI my Core Values are Equality and Rationality/Sensibility.... [tags: Leadership Essays]
1362 words (3.9 pages)