In The Avengers, Banner was a very quiet and introverted or reclusive. In The Hulk movie, Banner had a hard life. His father, Brian Banner, hated him because he believed that Banner was affected by his work and was mutated. In the first scene, it shows Banner as a boy sitting in a corner neglected. His mom love for him caused his dad to hate him even more. Brian Banner killed his wife and this caused rage to build up within Bruce.
Banner’s anger has always been the one emotion he tries his hardest to hide from. This feeling of anger started with his family. Once he was exposed to the gamma radiation, the chemical fed on his anger. Whenever he feels rage he turns into a huge green monster. When Banner is in the India helping sick people in The Avengers, the audience already gets a glimpse of him isolating himself. Banner does not want to be noticed or found. Even when he ...
... middle of paper ...
...n The Avengers, the transformation with Banner occurred psychologically and with Rogers when he challenges himself to challenge his superiors. In the end, they both found that their masculine exteriors could help their inner self. Their masculine interiors they were lacking in their original movies, Banner being his acceptance of who he is and Rogers being that of always doing what is right, they both made the change to better themselves as a hero.
The Avengers. Dir. Joss Whedon. Perf. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Hemsworth. Marvel Studios. 2012. Year.
The Hulk. Dir. Ang Lee. Perf. Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Sam Elliot, and Josh Lucas. Universal Pictures. 2003. Film.
Captain America: The First Avenger. Dir. Joe Johnston. Perf. Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Samuel L. Jackson, and Hayley Atwell. Marvel Studios. 2011. Film.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, is a story of five superheroes coming together to save the world. The last big battle scene takes place in New York, where a big portal has been opened and is letting out thousands of aliens that start terrorizing all of New York. Loki is the villain of the of the movie, who wants to take over Earth. While the five superheroes (who are known as the Avengers) are fighting off Loki and his alien army, The government decides to try and bomb New York. The bombing would have killed thousands of innocents if it weren’t stopped by the Avengers.... [tags: Ethics, Utilitarianism, Morality, Jeremy Bentham]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- The superhero films that I would like to contrast is the Dark Knight and The Avengers. They are both high grossing movies that had received positive reviews from the viewers. The Dark Knight is a superhero action film based on the DC Comics, the Batman. There are a lot of fantastic action scenes in the movie where the hero fights with the villains. On the other hand, the Avengers is a science fiction action film that was released on 2012 based on the Marvel Comics, the Avengers. The film was directed by Joss Whedon, starring Robert Downey, Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner as the superheroes.... [tags: saving lives, grossing movies]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Scott Summers, nicknamed Cyclops was a leader of the group. He will never see the world as normal person’s vision because his vision was all red. Emma ‘White Queen’ Frost was a speaker of the group, she always appear to be in a dejected state. In my perspective, her costume makes her look very special and attractive. she was in a relationship with the Cyclops and also with Wolverine, sort of. Her abilities are able to control and manipulates mind and she can transforms her body into a diamond.... [tags: common, extraordinary, mutations, humans]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- Many subtle battles between good and evil have been waged since the beginning of time. Whether it be wars between cultures or countries in real life, great battles in literature, or final fights in films, the conflict never ends. This fact is evident in the movie, The Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon. As a group of heroes brought together to save the world, the Avengers obviously represent good. Loki and his army of aliens represent evil as they try to take over the Earth. Throughout the movie, the Avengers are constantly battling against Loki in order to keep the power over the Earth.... [tags: Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde]
1722 words (4.9 pages)
- Antiquity and Modernity in Cinema & Television These days more and more audience like to see their beloved actors and actresses portray superhero or heroine figure in spandex suit blasting laser beam from their eyes, turn into fire then fly away to outer space, or even a scientist who turn into a huge, green, car-throwing, head-smashing monster with indestructible pants when he transforms. But not small amount audience like films with classical-antiquity geographical and timeline set such as Ben-Hur, 300, Spartacus, etc.... [tags: Film, Sociology, Time, Battle of Thermopylae]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- When infants are acquiring their first language, adults speak to them differently than they would speak to other adults. This kind of speech is formally named “Infant-Directed speech”, but is also referred to as “baby talk” and “motherese”. Infant-Directed (ID) speech has several properties that distinguish it from Adult-Directed (AD) speech. There is a debate over whether or not ID speech helps infants acquire language or is a hindrance in their language acquisition process Several experiments have been performed to test the effect of ID speech on infants’ language learning.... [tags: Baby Talk, Adult Directed Speech]
1651 words (4.7 pages)
- Dykes Organize: The Founding of the Lesbian Avengers The Stonewall riots opened the doors to the rise and fall of numerous different homosexual actions groups. The differences in the groups were like night and day and the theories behind them changed with the times. In the 1990’s a group made its debut by coming out strong and forceful. Their handbook stated, “We need you. Because we are not waiting for the rapture. We are the apocalypse.” This became part of a dyke manifesto. A manifesto that changed lesbian views, a manifesto that brought with it a ‘fierce lesbian movement’, it brought confrontation to lesbian politics.... [tags: Essays Paper]
3723 words (10.6 pages)
- After reading both Laurent Dubois’s Avengers of the new world and The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, both sources appear to educate the modern world on slavery and how their masters empowered them. In the Haitian Revolution, Dubois relied on printed sources and his personal summaries on scholarly research to teach the modern world on slavery. He also talks about how the plantation owners work slave to dead and replace them with new ones for their own interest. Dubois also mentioned on how the slave masters tried to prevent slaves from knowing human rights.... [tags: Slavery, Slavery in the United States]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- Heroes come in all shapes and sizes; tall, dark, handsome, ugly, astute, or mentally handicapped, and Shane is no exception. He rode into their lives with temperance and vigor, and left a legacy behind. How does one deal with a shady business man who is hell bent on wanted and willful destruction of freedom. Brute force has always been the heroes approach. Shane rode into a small town in Wyoming and met a family, who with all their respect needed a hero. Both of the stories that I will tell, including Shane’s and the story of Tombstone had their similarities, and also had their differences.... [tags: Literary Review ]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- ABA Article Replot Data onto SCC The research assessing the effectiveness of mand training with individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) focused on teaching vocal mands for preferred items. However, individuals diagnosed with ASD frequently utilize alternative modes of communications. Other common mode of communications employed by children with ASD involves a picture exchange communication system (PECS). Mand training with peers is an important aspect of intervention for individuals with ASD because it fosters opportunities for additional interactions for the individual with others that could help establish friendships.... [tags: peer-directed training, classroom]
1327 words (3.8 pages)