Figure 1: Autoplot's interface is similar to that of a web browser. The dataset location, or URI, is entered in the address bar and data are loaded and plotted with reasonable default settings. The metadata tab allows users to drill down into the parameter metadata, data set statistics, and the datum values. Axis and style settings tabs control labels and colors. The vap+cdf: prefix in the URI was inserted automatically by Autoplot when the user entered the URI that starts with "http". This prefix notation identifies the data source plugin that has been used to interpret the URI. Data source plugins are described in Section 4.
Autoplot URIs provide a compact means for referring to data. They are intended to be stored in bookmarks, pasted into emails, and found in parameter lists. The URI refers to a specific dataset, which is a set of numbers and relationships between them, with associated metadata for thier use. The same URI used...
... middle of paper ...
will cause all of the files that match the template to be downloaded and combined together to form the complete time series of the parameter Np in June of 2008. The data required to create the complete time series is spread across files having names that include four-digit year ($Y), two-digit month ($m), and two-digit day ($d) that are stored in directories partitioned by year. The ".." following the "_v" in the filename indicates that the file names have two-digits following the "_v" (which represents the version number). If there are two files with the same time values in their filename, but different versions values, the file with the highest version number is selected. An example plot of an aggregated time series is shown in Figure 2.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Autoplot is software developed for the Virtual Observatories in Heliophysics to provide intelligent and automated plotting capabilities for many typical data products that are stored in a wide variety of file formats or databases. Autoplot has proven to be a flexible tool for exploring, accessing, and viewing data resources as typically found on the web, usually in the form of a directory containing data files with multiple parameters contained in each file. Data from a data source is abstracted into a common internal data model called QDataSet.... [tags: Computer Science]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The pilots work ethic is not the only problem.A big problem is the training pilots receive.The training you receive if you want to become a commercial pilot is a lot like getting your license to drive.First you have to get a private license which is done by taking a rigorous test and fly for 45 hours.Then you can go for your commercial license.To get your commercial license you have to first have a total of 1,500 minimum hours flown.500 hours have to be cross country.100 hours have to be at night.Also what you have to do is go through 75 hours of instrument instruction and pass another rigorous test.... [tags: autopilot systems, unmanned aircraft]
638 words (1.8 pages)
- ... It aided pilots during WWII. The technology wasn’t that great, so pilots still struggled to fly the plane. Pilots encountered many life threatening situations in which they had to take control of the plane. Advances in technology have improved automation in many devices apart from planes. These advancements have made life easier. However, the great improvements in technology have caused people to use automation excessively. Pilots have reported touching the controls only seven times during a flight.... [tags: basic flying skills, autopilot]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Three warning lights snapped on close to a circular instrument with a small sign that read “hydraulics,” printed below it. All three lights went out again. Intermittent hazard warning lights frustrated him. He tapped the middle finger of his right hand slowly against the steel frame of the hydraulics tab. Ting tapped the side of his head but his own hazard warning lights stayed on. 'Needle?' '71.' 'Good. Let's hope it stays that way.' Ezra looked across to Ting who seemed to welcome the simple task of watching the needle flicker, fall, rise and settle.... [tags: autopilot, ezra, helicopter]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- Tesla Moter, Inc. is an American company founded in 2003 by a group of engineers in Silicon Valley. The engineers proved that the electric cars could be better than gasoline-powered cars. Tesla not just designs and produces electrics cars, but it also provides technology and energy innovation to other automakers. The company is expanding its manufacture into other areas including Tilburg and Lathrop. Tesla Motor’s headquarters is located in Palo Alto, California, and it has world-wide subsidiaries in North America, Europe and Asia.... [tags: Tesla Motors, Electric car, Automobile]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Recent aviation incidents such as the crash of Asiana Airlines flight 214 and disappearance of MH370 cause people to wonder if aviation is still safe. Some say that the taxi ride to the airport is more dangerous than the flight; however, others fear the dangers flying may bring. Although pilot error, pilot fatigue, and mechanical failures contribute to the danger of aviation, new aircraft systems and improved safety measures continue to sustain the high standards of the safety of aviation. Some judge that aviation is dangerous based on tragic incidents; on the other hand, the improvement of technology and the dedication of organizations continue to ensure the safety of aviation.... [tags: Aviation Incidents, AsianaAirflights, Airplanes]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- USA Today will have to move from the past into the future to maintain a competitive advantage. Although the newspaper was fresh and innovative at its conception, it has grown stale. The past color scheme of news (blue), Sports (red), Life (purple) and money (green) is no longer eye catching. The format needs to be modern with more photos and graphs with the ability to sear for more in-depth information linked to each article. Several of its competitors, Wall Street Journal and New York Times, charge for its mobile apps and viewing.... [tags: newspaper, competitors, wall street]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Many industry analysts say that consumers may see level four autonomous driving capable cars starting as early as 2020, with level five, fully autonomous vehicles arriving starting 2025 [2,4]. If that is the case, does that mean that by 2020, we will all be able to purchase a level five fully automated car. Unfortunately, this is likely not the case. Many analysts oppose these predictions and believe that truly functional and reliable driverless vehicles won’t appear until decades later . The common misconception is that any car that can drive itself is considered fully autonomous, but that is simply not true.... [tags: Automobile, Driverless car, Vehicle, Walking]
1766 words (5 pages)
- As a pilot I get sick of hearing the term "human error" whenever an accident investigation releases their report. Almost every possible scenario can get traced back to human error in one way or another: pilot failed to initiate proper emergency procedures, pilot failed to stop when he should have stopped, pilot failed to go when he should have gone, and pilot was looking left when he should have been looking right. It is almost too easy to investigate an accident while flying at zero knots and determine that had the pilot done something differently maybe that accident wouldn't have occurred.... [tags: Management]
1831 words (5.2 pages)
- Aircraft maintenance AVIATION REGULATION AND SAFETY Question 1 A good safety record is a judgment of past performance but does not guarantee the future (PARLIAMENT of AUSTRALIA 2004) [ref.3]. Airline operators, pilots, mechanics, flight attendants, government regulators and makers all have a stake in making aviation as safe as possible. Howbeit, they are still many aircraft had been crash due to many other reasons, such as the pilot’s error (which we called as the “human factor”), factor of fatigue, weather, congestion and others.... [tags: Aviation]
1539 words (4.4 pages)