The main difference among an automatic car and a manual car is how the transmission works. In a manual car you have to shift gears based on the vehicle’s speed using the clutch pedal and the gearshift (stick.) When the clutch pedal has been depressed, the clutch becomes disengaged meaning that the engine and the transmissions are separate. At this time, gears can be chosen or you can stop the car without it stalling. On the other hand, an automatic car has a torque convertor instead of a clutch pedal, which in this case is used to separate the engine from the transmission. However, when driving an automatic vehicle, all you have to do is place the car in drive, and the transmission shifts automatically depending on the rpm’s, and when you hit the brake pedal. Releasing the clutch pedal takes practice to ensure a smooth start, that is frequently what steers people away from buying a manual car. However, being able to shift gears on your own allows you to have supplementary control over the car rather than the car shifting on it...
... middle of paper ...
...k so they don’t crash into the person in front of them. Although an automatic car may seem easier and have a reduced amount of work, a manual car becomes the same way after practice.
In conclusion, when deciding whether you would like to buy an automatic or a manual car, think around all the factors. Would you rather be lazy and not have to learn a new driving technique or would you rather save money? Driving a manual car may additionally become fun because you’re genuinely involved in the driving of the car when in an automatic car you have no control over the transmission of the car. However, in the end the automatic or the manual car will get you to the same place. Which one you drive is a preference in America, considering we have both automatic and manual transmissions available to us. The next time you go shopping for a new car keep these differences in mind.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The sibling rivalry between automatic and manual transmissions When buying a new car you always hear the option of do you want a manual or automatic transmission, most people will always chose automatic, for the simple fact that it is easier and safer to drive. Ever since the automatic transmission was made, the market for manual transmissions has gone down dramatically in passenger cars and light vehicles. Most would agree that the sibling rivalry between automatic and manual transmissions has raged in the U.S.... [tags: Manual transmission, Automatic transmission]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Manual vs. Automatic Transmission You want to get a new car, but you are not sure whether to get one with an automatic transmission or one with a manual transmission. Well read on and perhaps this essay will help you out with your decision. Cars have played a big role in my life. When I was a little kid my dad and I used to work on his 197.... [tags: Compare Contrast Car Driving Auto]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Hybrid Car: Honda Insight and Toyota Prius Gasoline price is rising and we do not know how many times it would rise. We do not want your car cost you $25 or $30 each time you pull it to the gas station. Hybrid car is a solution to solve this problem; it combines two or more sources of power. A typical of hybrid car combines a gasoline motor and an electric motor. A special feature for a hybrid car is that we do not need long extension cords to charge the battery. The Hybrid car usually recovers braking energy to charge it.... [tags: Transportation Automobiles Essays]
1403 words (4 pages)
- In the present time most of the drivers encountered on the open road are driving automatic transmission. Many, if not most, go through their life without knowing how to drive manual transmission. The main reason being because of the necessity of using both feet and having to drive one handed. Learning how to drive both is a skill that will open a new world of opportunities. One never knows if there will ever be a situation that will require a person to know how to drive manual, also known as “stick shift”.... [tags: Manual transmission, Automatic transmission]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- In the year of 1960 the Mercury comet was born. It was originally going to be a new compact car for Edsel, but Edsel was discontinued in 1959 before the “Baby Edsel” or the comet could be made. They were only made for 17 years and had many different options available. There are five generation of the comet series in the last few they kept the body style but changed the name. The Comet name was purchased from a company that made funeral coaches. During the first generation the Ford Motor Company used a longer chassis but the same style as the Ford Falcon.... [tags: compact car, production]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- Introduced in 2014, the Jaguar F-TYPE is a two-seat sports car and the spiritual successor to the vaunted E-TYPE. Designed by Ian Callum, the F-TYPE features a sinewy body, an exquisite interior, and offers a pair of supercharged engines. All-wheel drive or a 6-speed manual transmission are offered for the first time in 2016. The 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE welcomes two new features: a 6-speed manual transmission and all-wheel drive. Available in coupe and convertible body styles, this sports car comes in four trim levels and offers customers a pair of potent supercharged engines.... [tags: Manual transmission, Automatic transmission]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- It was initiated by a productive inventor, Sakichi Toyoda, who was born on the fourteenth day of February, 1867. Toyoda grew up as the son of a poor carpenter, but is considered the “King of Japanese Inventors.” He is also believed to be the father of the Japanese industrial revolution. With his breakthrough invention of the automatic loom, Toyoda, took the resulting money to create the Toyota Motor Company. A huge contributing factor to the birth of this company was the support of the Japanese government during the war in Manchuria.... [tags: Car Industry Toyota History]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Research Problem The research problem is clearly stated in the introduction and various times during the literature review. While it is known that automatic sphygmomanometers are not as accurate when compared to the gold standard of manual sphygmomanometer during single blood pressure readings they are still being used a triage instruments in emergency departments (Dind, Short, Ekholm, & Holdgate, 2011, p. 526). Triage is an essential step in the emergency department and instruments used in triage need to be accurate.... [tags: health, medical equipment technology]
1954 words (5.6 pages)
- Don’t let the Audi A5’s clean, luxurious expression fool you. On closer examination, you’ll see hints of the spirited coupe this model truly is along with an available convertible designed to raise your emotions. Pricing and Equipment Customers who fancy a convertible are teased by no less than four models from Audi. Two of these models are based on the all-wheel drive A5 platform: the A5 Sport Cabriolet and the S5 Cabriolet, with the latter marketed separately under Audi’s performance umbrella.... [tags: Manual transmission, Semi-automatic transmission]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- ... We have to be very careful about how we react when we are listing to the conversation. Our body language can give away so much based on how our body is positioned. Wordless communication, or body language, includes facial expressions, body movement and gestures, eye contact, posture, the tone of your voice, and even your muscle tension and breathing (Helpguide.org, n.d.). Developing the ability to understand and use nonverbal communication can help you connect with others, express what you really mean, navigate challenging situations, and build better relationships at home and work.... [tags: training manual, department managers]
1372 words (3.9 pages)