Autocratic Monarchy a Thing of the Past!
With the Autocratic Monarchy in Iran 's rear view mirror, there is hope that the new form of government will benefit the Citizens of Iranian. Before the Iranian Revolution, which began in January 1978 and ended in February 1979, Iran 's government was an Autocratic Monarchy (Wikipedia; Iranian Revolution). Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi had unlimited authority over the citizens of Iran. Shah’s dictatorship and inability to manage the country 's finances resulted in poverty and led to a revolutionary war which ultimately changed the form of Iran 's government. Once the Shah was overthrown, Iran adopted the Islamic Republic. Iran was now ruled by Islamic law. For the next ten years Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini would be the supreme leader of Iran.
As the primary leader of the revolution, it follows that Ayatollah became the supreme leader. Under the new form of government, Islamic Republic, government officials were elected by the people with their activities monitored by theocratic bodies. A theocratic body is a form of government comprised of priests who make their decisions based on a god. With the new governmental structure, Iran saw significant improvements in many aspects of human life. These included increased levels of education and life expectancy. People enjoyed better standard of living.
Given that Iran 's new government was based on Theocrasy the citizens have a limited role. Although the citizens have the right to vote for government officials a big part of their government is based on religion. In a government such as this the people are not expected to ask questions but follow the guidance of their god. In Islamic religion behavioral expe...
... middle of paper ...
...t accepted Islamic Republic to roul there every day life. They combined Islamic religion with their government to form a theocracy.
Positives vs Negatives
The change of the Iranian Governmental structure from Autocratic Monarchy to Islamic Republic had a positive outcome both economically and socially. Under the new governmental structures the citizens were given a say in who would run the government. This government succeeded in achieving higher educational advancements for the citizens. Increased education resulted in a higher standard of living the mortality rate also decreased. On the other hand the theocratic aspect of government did not allow the people to ask questions but instead they were expected to follow the laws of islam. Altho this could be positive in some aspects of life it 's not a good principle to follow in governmental decisions.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the past people believed that leaders are born not made. Now the definition of leadership has been changed because now we believe that leaders can be made through education. Leadership plays important part in every field and organization to achieve higher goal. According to Kelly, “leadership is a process of influence in which the leader influences others toward goal achievement” (Kelly & Crawford, 2013, p. 168). Nowadays there are many leadership theories and have different perspective and suggestion.... [tags: autocratic, transformational]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Too most the British Monarchy in Canada’s government is merely regarded as ceremonial, symbolic and not something that actually holds power. Firstly, the British Monarchy’s power’s consists of just watching over traditions and seeing if there is an abuse in power. There powers do not affect the Canadian citizen’s life in any way. Secondly, in Canada the Monarchy’s biggest symbol is the royal family but most people consider more than 6 other Canadian symbols more important than the royal family.... [tags: abolishing the British Monarchy ]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Despite the fact that Overthrowing the government monarchy, with a vote based option - a chosen head of state - won 't have a genuine effect on the nation. It isn 't the response to each issue the UK faces, but it will give the UK a better democracy and will solve some problems. The UK should stay as a monarchy,Since the queen has, to a great degree, strong animating vitality to remain sensible and settle on the most speedy choice for the country in light of the way that, if she exercises prompted to the negation of the government, notwithstanding the way that she would be out of Power however so would her family and their a significant drawn-out period of time of age legacy would be pummel... [tags: Democracy, Monarchy]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Autocratic leaders uses an authoritarian manner and dictates what is going on without consulting athletes. It is characterised by absolute individual control over group members and very little input from them in the decision making process. If the autocratic leader is the most knowledgeable person in the group it usually leads to fast, effective decisions being made. This type of leadership best suits athletes who are in need of support and answers. This is because this leadership style prevents a person from doing their own thing and they are solely guided by what the leader does.... [tags: Leadership, Motivation, Decision making]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- “Some consider it a new thing, they hope to be able to stop it; whereas others judge it irresistible because to them it seems the most continuous, the oldest, and the most permanent fact known in history” (Democracy in America 3). Here Tocqueville likens democracy to a relentless, continuously expanding force where “all events, like all men, serve its development.” (Democracy in America 6). It is a system of government that is upheld with a purpose as it is “a sign of [God 's] will” (Democracy in America 6).... [tags: Democracy, Monarchy, Louis XIV of France]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- Racism is a thing of the past; it is not still present in 2016. Racism is dead. These are widely misunderstood or incorrect phrases people tend to say. Actually racism is everywhere; it is in our news, entertainment, everyday life etc. People continue to deny it even though it is plainly here in our faces. It is 2016 and the KKK (a terrorist organization against African Americans) is still rallying, but people think racism does not exist anymore. The KKK even rallied at the University of Missouri.... [tags: White people, Black people, Race, African American]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- An Analysis of the Absolute Monarchy of France in the 17th Century This historical study will define the absolute monarchy as it was defied through the French government in the 17th century. The term ‘absolute” is defined I the monarchy through the absolute control over the people through the king and the royal family. All matters of civic, financial, and political governance was controlled through the king’s sole power as the monarchical ruler of the French people. In France, Louis XIII is an important example of the absolute monarchy, which controlled all facts of military and economic power through a single ruler.... [tags: Monarchy, Constitutional monarchy]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- There are times where it is necessary to correct staff but as you know the delivery of that correction can either improve the employee or can dishearten the employee. As you and I have discussed in the past, it is evident that you sometimes struggle with communicating your message to staff in a positive and constructive way. We need to work toward improving your ability to provide positive correction of staff. Over the years, I have come to realize that your method of leadership is autocratic or authoritarian.... [tags: Need, Want, Leadership, Economics terminology]
710 words (2 pages)
- How did the Habsburg Monarchy cope with the demands of mass politics 1867 - 1914 The Habsburg Monarchy first had to deal with the Magyar demands of autonomy which culminated into the Compromise of 1867. From then the Emperor Francis Joseph would have the title of King of Hungary. This dual monarchy was to be a success in satisfying both the Habsburgs and the Magyars but had the effect of causing both disappointment and resentment to the significant national minorities in the empire. The Habsburg Monarchy managed to appease many nationalities such as the Poles and Italians (though they had always strived for a unified Italy) by giving them a favoured position in the empire, in which their n... [tags: The Habsburg Monarchy Essays]
2987 words (8.5 pages)
- In Canada, the type of government it should have is a monarchy. Although, there are many benefits and disadvantages to a monarchy, there are many drawbacks to having a republic government. Canada is a theatre, in which every citizen played a significant role. Of this grand production, the monarchist is a playwright who tampers with the script to give Canada the benefits, while giving the nation it’s own independence. Monarchy is a form of government in a state, in which an individual has sovereign power.... [tags: Canadian History, Politics]
1459 words (4.2 pages)