I am good at many fields and have been involved in various kinds of extra-curricular activities. I love to sing and I have been in chorus since third grade in elementary school. I am now in a special class for chorus in Taipei Municiple Zhongshan Girls High School and our chorus has won many awards in different competitions. Besides music, I have also been good at sports since elementary school, when I attended many running events and city wide competitions. Aside from activities in school, I had been a dancer for more than ten years until I decided to focus on the preparation for the Basic Examination for entering high school. I have tried different activities in various fields, which cultivates my ability to learn fast and the ambition to aim high. Aside from this, perseverance is one characteristic of mine. For example, I always go through the process carefully before getting into an experiment. If I find something unusual, I am so willing to spend time thinking and discussing with my friends until I get a reasonable result.
I always want to be an international student because I believe that learning in different surroundings will offer me a chance to explore the world. In order to become one, I have been preparing myself for this upcoming challenge. Long years of studying and paying most of my attention to school work made me wonder whether it is worthwhile to spend so much time on textbooks and became curious about what it is like to study in another country. In 2011, I seized the opportunity provided by my senior high school and became an exchange student in the U.S. . I didn’t fit in perfectly in the beginning, but throughout my exchange year, I had learned to adapt m...
... middle of paper ...
...t myself study with and from the best. I believe this can maximize my potential and I will go all out to thrive in such a competitive university.
Another reason I applied to HKU is that there are a variety of public lectures for students. I really wish to be there to attend the lectures. The lecture of Life and Medicine delivered by Professor Peter J Sadler is the one that appeals to me the most.
Moreover, The University of Hong Kong encourages students to combine science with working or volunteering and teaches them to care for the world. I think this is an important lessons students must learn. With all the reasons mentioned above, I think that the University of Hong Kong is my best choice.
With a strong desire of achieving my goal, I will do my best in the University of Hong Kong, so that I will make the best use of my knowledge to contribute to the society.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was the same thought process almost every morning on my way to work. There I was, a recent college graduate driving to a low-paying position that I was certainly overqualified for. While I knew that the job was temporary, I could not help but think of my former classmates who were embarking upon careers which offered comfortable salaries and benefits. Feelings of inadequacy, fear, and self-doubt would overcome me. Yet, as I would begin to ask myself, “what am I doing with my life,” I would merge onto I-496 in Lansing and the answer would come into view.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- “If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability” – Henry Ford. I define myself as a student with high spirits of enthusiasm to learn and lead. I never had a satisfaction that can halt my education, since one goes keep on learning things, the need to learn more pop’s out. A person like me with high aim’s and aspirations always fetches to find a perfect platform to grab as much of knowledge as I can.... [tags: Sample Application Essay]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Every year many students pursue higher education and relocate themselves to enroll in colleges and universities around the world. Some students move to other countries such as United States, Canada, UK and Australia, while other students relocate themselves to new places in their home country. “In the United States, there are nearly half of a million international students who attend university and college” (Hechanova 458). International student sojourners are foreign people who are enrolled in colleges and universities away from their home country; usually they have a temporary student visa and do not speak the host culture’s language (Snow 134).... [tags: College, University, Students]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- I have always been inspired by the workings of chemistry and mathematics. My studies of these subjects have developed my understanding and have made me pursue my interest in these two topics. I want to take up chemistry as it involves a large amount of mathematics which I value and understand to be challenging, yet very enjoyable, as there is always an alternative route to obtain the answer. Additionally, I am drawn to the course because it is a mixture of all these exacting subjects, forming a degree that is very demanding and stimulating.... [tags: Math, Challenge]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- The College Board is a testing company founded in 1900 by Harvard and 11 other universities. The College Board was originally intended to allow students to be evaluated on their intellectual merit instead of their family connections and networks (Lorin 1). The College Board is considered a not-for-profit, but in the last decade has boosted fees to create a surplus in revenues. The College Board has expanded its revenues by increasing fees on students, introducing the Advanced Placement (AP) program, sending scores and other paperwork for students, and even selling the names and personal information of test-takers.... [tags: college, application, testing, education, students]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Senior Autobiography My story of the past and present. (Who I am?) Educational achievements are the part of the success in one’s life. College is the platforms to show ability and to expose knowing the world. As a part of getting in the college education, I am getting prepared since last twelve years to explore the challenges by avoiding procrastination and getting passionate about things I like and are helpful with the part of the college education. I am challenging myself by taking a broad range of classes in the beginning.... [tags: college, mastering, immigrant, leader]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- College Admissions: Discuss an issue of international concern and its importance to you It was easy to empathize with Andy Dufresne and the other prisoners in The Shawshank Redemption as they suffered in their prison cells; I suffered while watching the movie. It was not because I disliked the film far from it. But while the prisoners in the movie were serving their sentences in Shawshank Prison, I served my own three-hour sentence for drinking five cups of fruit punch before entering the theatre.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Part 1: Family Background I was raised by both my parents while growing up. My parents barely finished high school and never went to college so they were not the type of parents who pushed college careers nor did they have any sort of college fund set aside for us. They always helped with homework but never pushed us to do better. Now that they see my accomplishments from attending college they are very proud of me and supportive for me to finish. My mom even went back to college after seeing me and my sister do it, and she got an accounting degree at the age of 40.... [tags: Autobiography Personal Narrative]
1065 words (3 pages)
- I’m an Aquarian by birth, but I’ve never been one to put too much emphasis on astrological signs. However, I am a water baby. I was born and raised on the Gulf Coast of Florida. I learned to swim before I could walk, I learned to fish before I could talk, and I learned to ski before I was riding a bike. I can’t remember a time when water wasn’t a part of my life. I grew up canoeing the bays and lakes and tubing the rivers and creeks. I even took up surfing for a few years until I got cracked in the head and almost drown.... [tags: Autobiography Personal Narrative]
1193 words (3.4 pages)